Bobo out as OC

Tony4AU

Just now, weagl1 said:

Another $2.6 million up a wild hog’s ass.  There must be a limit to that somewhere.  

It's been clear to me for a while now that the AU decision-makers have more dollars than sense.   

• Haha 1

Grimes checks every box for me:

History/connections in SEC

Successful everywhere he's been

OL coaching and recruiting

Stacy Searals might work but I have lost track of him lately.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed

So just in the last week we have heard from “insiders”

Harsin to Washington (clearly false)

DD as good as gone (just debunked by himself)

Harsin too hard headed to ever admit he’s wrong (just admitted for the second time in his very first season he made a bad hire and corrected it)

Whats ironic is the last one was occurring or already occurred while we were discussing his “hard head” 😂

It’s safe to say there may not be any insiders with actual real info these days that actually talk. What a different (and welcoming) world we now live in

9 minutes ago, shabby said:

Didn't Harsin hire him? Its not like Harsin didn't know what kind of coach Bobo was. If fixing him is Harsin showing accountability isn't hiring him an example of poor judgment? Bobo was never an unknown quantity. 

Admitting a mistake shows humility. A great trait for a leader

• Like 3

1 hour ago, auskip07 said:

We already have his Old OC  from Bosie as an offensive analyst / WR coach on the staff..  i dont know why you guys think he is going to hire another OC when he has one he already trusts.  

If it means we get the Boise offense with upgraded OL...i don't have a problem with it at all. I'd rather he hire his guys. I'm sure many want a big name...I don't care as long as we see progress. I'll take the Boise offense with better players...esp. at WR and QB.

• Like 3

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, sevenlee36 said:

To Bobo’s defense, Bo Nix did start playing better under him. His fundamentals and footwork was improving big time.

Agreed. Bobo was hamstrung by talent level and did some good things but in the end he came up short of what he was expected to do and that’s on him. Glad our current coach holds people responsible. Been a long time since I’ve seen that

3 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

So just in the last week we have heard from “insiders”

Harsin to Washington (clearly false)

DD as good as gone (just debunked by himself)

Harsin too hard headed to ever admit he’s wrong (just admitted for the second time in his very first season he made a bad hire and corrected it)

Whats ironic is the last one was occurring or already occurred while we were discussing his “hard head” 😂

It’s safe to say there may not be any insiders with actual real info these days that actually talk. What a different (and welcoming) world we now live in

You sure as heck didn't hear any of that here.

Maybe be more discerning to who you consider and insider

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SphyNxXx said:

Rumors coming out that the son of Pete Carroll is our top candidate. 

Take out the past year and I would give a thumbs up.

4 minutes ago, SphyNxXx said:

His first year as OC at Arizona and they were terrible.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

I've got a huge presentation tomorrow...trying to win a corporate HQ project in South Georgia - this is not helping with procrastination.  I've had a tough time focusing since Saturday to be honest.

For God’s sake man, get your priorities straight and get off this site til Wednesday !

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Take out the past year and I would give a thumbs up.

Kid that essentially only worked for his dad for 90% of his career doesn't scream thumbs up to me.  IDK, maybe he's a superb up and comer and I know nothing, but that's a red flag for me

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

His first year as OC at Arizona and they were terrible.

When was  Nate Carroll offensive coordinator at Arizona?

Edited by Paladin

Just now, Paladin said:

When was  Nate Caroll offensive coordinator at Arizona?

It's not Nate, it is Brennan that is being named as an OC target

1 minute ago, Paladin said:

When was  Nate Carroll offensive coordinator at Arizona?

They're talking about Brennan Carroll.

Of that list that someone on Rant claimed was who we were looking at, I would be thrilled with McGee, Grimes, or Briles. Pass on everyone else.

Edited by AUwent

2 minutes ago, jluvah said:

For God’s sake man, get your priorities straight and get off this site til Wednesday !

My wife got an account on here?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SphyNxXx said:

If I were Pete Carroll, I’d do a Christmas Card with the fam every year and call it “Christmas Carrolls” in Comic sans font.

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

I’m not sad to see Bobo get the axe. I didn’t like the hire from the start. Which makes me wonder why the hire was made? I don’t think Harsin would let a coordinator be forced on him but I also didn’t see any connection there or big draw to a guy struggling to run the offense at South Carolina. Hard to make sense of it, anyway I hope it’s a better choice on the second try. 

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

They're talking about Brennan Carroll.

Of that list that someone on Rant claimed was who we were looking at, I would be thrilled with McGee, Grimes, or Briles. Pass on everyone else.

Idk enough about Carroll to really have an opinion. 

would love those 3, but McGee would give us a true recruiter on staff. Doubt he would have play-calling duties though.