Dan Mullen for OC !

eagle12

NO! Not the turkey vulcher!

I believe CBH will elect someone effective. Someone most on this forum are not familiar with but someone he trusts... which I believe is a good thing. I expect a ton of gripers and complainers to say otherwise... The SEC is changing before our eyes. Ignore the noise. Trust in CBH! Dude has guts like we haven't seen since Dye! Give him time to do his thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerPAC said:

Can this thread be deleted🙃

Isn't it better to keep the lead paint eaters in one place?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MadtownTiger said:

This is the story as I understand it.

While at UF, Mullen and Meyer butted heads over Cam Newton.  Mullen thought it was insane to start Tebow over Cam.

When Cam left UF, Mullen basically told a few staffers to direct certain boosters to get Cam. They tried their darnedest, and apparently talked money with Cecil, but frankly, AU was a far better opportunity.

Mullen knew his guys were dirty, and made the assumption Auburn was as well.  Not much happened until it was obvious that Auburn with Cam was going to be very, very special.  As it happens, Mullen's Director of Player Personnel, Jody Wright, someone that knew exactly what they had done, had just taken a job at.....uat.

WDE!

I think our pitch relied on just money but I’d put my entire account on that we paid Cam something. All those type guys get paid something 

but yeah, Auburn > MSU in general obv 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think our pitch relied on just money but I’d put my entire account on that we paid Cam something. All those type guys get paid something 

but yeah, Auburn > MSU in general obv 

Unless our bagmen got REALLY good at covering their tracks, I think that's one time we're obviously clean. The NCAA basically setup a satellite office in Auburn that year.

• Like 1

Just now, selias said:

Unless our bagmen got REALLY good at covering their tracks, I think that's one time we're obviously clean. The NCAA basically setup a satellite office in Auburn that year.

True, impossible to know either way, but you should lean that we didn’t pay him based on the fact presented. I’m naturally conspiratorial 

Money aside, we did have a murders row of stud recruiters on that offensive side. Damn shame that staff didn’t work out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I would personally fly to Auburn and kick the man in the dick if we hired him.

Let's hire him,  watch you kick him in the jewels at the press conference and fire him again

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

True, impossible to know either way, but you should lean that we didn’t pay him based on the fact presented. I’m naturally conspiratorial 

Money aside, we did have a murders row of stud recruiters on that offensive side. Damn shame that staff didn’t work out

Agreed, that's it's impossible to know for sure but I think that's one case where we were clean. As a program? Yeah...no program is "clean", just varying degrees of dirty.

• Like 1

Dan Mullen for OC !

Not only no, but Hell No!

2 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Dan Mullen would be a good oc

Only if you want a lying, low-life scum hanging around Auburn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we hired that ass rat I would walk. Seriously he tried to burn us down. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Why start a new thread? We have one already.. 

Dan Mullen would be a good oc

Prediction- he will be OC for Jacksonville Jaguars next season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

NO! Not the turkey vulcher!

I believe CBH will elect someone effective. Someone most on this forum are not familiar with but someone he trusts... which I believe is a good thing. I expect a ton of gripers and complainers to say otherwise... The SEC is changing before our eyes. Ignore the noise. Trust in CBH! Dude has guts like we haven't seen since Dye! Give him time to do his thing.

I hope you’re right, tired of convenience hires and retread hires and politically correct hires and fan appeasing hires. If Bryan fell it’s on him please tell a good to great coach time will tell coach, hire assistants and recruit players that he feels best with 

I think it's fun gossip but AU hiring him isn't reality. Mullen didn't even finish out the season, Coach O did, and even MU's HC was throwing shade his way. The best thing Mullen can do for his reputation is tincture of time and reset on his ego...if he is capable. 

Mullen needs to go to Saban's Shop for Rejected Coaches for rehab. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TJRanger175 said:

I can see Notre Dame hiring Urban. He is not fitting in with the NFL.

I would hope he hires Dan Mullen to be his OC again.

Then Dan would legitimately become...

Best post I've seen in awhile!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

This would seriously piss the wrong people off at AU.  I wouldn't hire Mullen to mow my lawn.

I would only to fire him after one pass in the backyard. 

• Like 1