Olineman in the Portal

twilli13

So, what the heck happened here.   This thread dried up faster than a desert rain.   Please don’t tell me we’re no longer pursuing transfer OL because Brahms and Troxell are coming back.   This is helpful, but we still need one more OT and one more OT/OG at a minimum.    

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

So, what the heck happened here.   This thread dried up faster than a desert rain.   Please don’t tell me we’re no longer pursuing transfer OL because Brahms and Troxell are coming back.   This is helpful, but we still need one more OT and one more OT/OG at a minimum.    

I don’t think anyone knows. Either this staff keeps things close to the vest or maybe they are all duck hunting 🦆 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, wcware said:

I don’t think anyone knows. Either this staff keeps things close to the vest or maybe they are all duck hunting 🦆 

They're not duck hunting.  This staff keeps things extremely close to the vest.  And Harsin has let it be known if you leak info, you're ass is gone.  Much the same as other head coaches in the SEC.  Why do you think we have so many "insiders" who want Harsin gone?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

They're not duck hunting.  This staff keeps things extremely close to the vest.  And Harsin has let it be known if you leak info, you're ass is gone.  Much the same as other head coaches in the SEC.  Why do you think we have so many "insiders" who want Harsin gone?

What insiders want Harsin gone? I’m sure PM doesn’t seem to care for him but who else? 

1 hour ago, AUinMS9528 said:

So, what the heck happened here.       

Friend is awful. We've missed on most of our targets and now on to Vandy transfers

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 4

All I know is this o line deficiency has gone on for too long. I no longer care who created the problem or that CBH hasn’t had a lot of time to correct it. It needs to be fixed.  We need multiple quality of o line commitments in the very near future. It’s beyond ridiculous that we can’t sign 4 or 5 high school o linemen like every other program can. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Friend is awful. We've missed on most of our targets and now on to Vandy transfers

Are you saying he’s no good at recruiting without a McDonald’s sack lunch to offer?

1 hour ago, tinman1 said:

Yessir and amen.

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah, apparently on a level playing field he isn’t a good recruiter.   He is getting fired in 3…2…1…

40 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Yeah, apparently on a level playing field he isn’t a good recruiter.   He is getting fired in 3…2…1…

There sure seemed to he rumblings of that happening. Not sure if Harsin thought it would be good to have him here through NSD, if so it doesn't look like it was a good idea 

Really trying to figure out why Friend is still employed by Auburn University.  Can't see any value that he brings at this point

Friend has been so bad on the trail that I'm almost expecting him to whiff on Anez Cooper. If that happens, can we just fire him for cause at that point lol? Need to go pluck a young NFL assistant OL coach or something.

Please just land Mason Brooks and Nourzard and I'll breathe 

Edited by au302
  • Like 1

Any news on Brooks or the guy from Cornell?   I had heard they both visited.  They haven’t gone anywhere else yet.   Classes start this week.   Anybody heard anything?

12 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Any news on Brooks or the guy from Cornell?   I had heard they both visited.  They haven’t gone anywhere else yet.   Classes start this week.   Anybody heard anything?

Cornell guy will be a summer enrollee wherever he lands.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

I would not expect Brooks, he is from Texas and is being recruited by his old OC to Texas Tech, he may have committed already, not sure.

• Like 1

It appears we have struck out so far in the Portal as far as O-line goes unless we get a surprise HN is still a possibility but not till summer. I heard Jackson, Coffee and Council are returning also. 2 years ago Council was our best O-linemen but last year after his injury he was not as solid it really takes 2 years to completely recover from that type injury. If he returns to form we will have two solid Guards not counting any development from younger players and Brahm's at Center. I can see Zierer at RT and I hope Colby Smith has developed enough to play LT.  Not ideal but at least as good as last year and if Colby has developed better than last year.