Are we ready to admit

AUght2win

16 minutes ago, Didba said:

Straight facts. I have had Auburn people tell me they have watched more UCF games then Auburn games this year because they just love Gus.  I am bewildered by these people.

You really haven't. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Didba said:

Straight facts. I have had Auburn people tell me they have watched more UCF games then Auburn games this year because they just love Gus.  I am bewildered by these people.

That’s STRANGE dude. Very strange. They are not Auburn fans plain and simple. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Do you ever not come off as a know at condescending you and I are a part of the same boards, everything I heard is that he was impressive, had a high football iq, but struggled taking care of the football. I mean you have had a disdain against this kid since day 1 bc of his measureables like you're an nfl scout or some s***. Glad nobody told kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, or Johnny manziel that, sheesh

**Edit** Lets watch the name calling please

39 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's going to be a hell of an off season

Got that right. It's the worst I've felt about our team since... well, some Gus years. But 5 straight losses to finish a year. Man. CBH could have won a lotttttt of good will if he was able to finish just 1 of those last 4 games. But he didn't. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I don't know if it technically violates any forum rules, but I think a post this bad necessitates a ban. Wow. WOW.

You obviously don’t get it, so I will just leave it alone.   You are right.  I don’t know why people even respond to any of your post or topics.   You certainly know how everything works and how things are supposed to happen.   
you must have played sports at a high level.   Your wisdom and insight is way above anyone else on this forum.    On all your future  post, I will just give you the ole thumbs up.   I will go ahead and ask all other posters to just do the same.    That way it can get back to you and you can give some more of your wisdom 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

**Edit** Lets watch the name calling please

Golf, i understand but u know as well as I do, that is what he is. I'll take my leave 

Edited by Maverick.AU

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I love when he’s absolved of blame bc of “talent” 

This team has some depth issues that flash at the oddest time, and ofc the OL is butt, but they looked more talented today. Schematically, they just loaded the interior OL…and there were clear counters to that that worked when ran. Off tackle NORMAL runs seemed like they were there every day. A ridiculous amount of long drawn out reverse sweeps and reverses. Maybe he was setting up a PA but that obv never came. Don’t remember many slants or crossers. Flats seemed like they were there more often 

I know it’s hard when you can’t establish the interior run and you don’t know what Finley you’ll get, but he consistently asked TJ to do more than he was capable of doing. Had no idea why we had a drive with TWO 40 yard throws. Yeah they were open, but Finley had shown he couldn’t hit that, man. 

Also, no idea why we didn’t do more TE passing down the field, Shenker shouldn’t be on fing sweeps and bubble screens man lol

You complete me. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You really haven't. 

Not on here.

19 minutes ago, Didba said:

A lot of the posters you are referring to were likely huge fans of Gus and didn't want him fired so they started out hating Harsin from the get go.  and some people simply just don't "know" like I have referred to in the past.

I doubt that there's more that 2-3 posters that actually wanted to keep Gus. The majority liked Gus as a person, and appreciated all the good things he did,  but understood the need for a change. Many posters disapprove of the constant bashing and blaming Gus for Harsin's mistakes. I don't think anyone "hates" Harsin or wants him to fail. But plenty of Auburn fans are not sold on him being the Next Best Thing, and with good reason. He hasn't earned our confidence yet, and things are kind of unsettling right now. He doesn't have a great personality and he hasn't shown that he's a great SEC coach so far. So many people have not warmed up to him yet and that's a reasonable response at this point. I know you hate to admit that Gus is not to blame.....but he has NOTHING to do with Harsin's lack of acceptance by lots of Auburn fans. Harsin is not an obvious good fit on the Plains and it remains to be seen if he works out. He's responsible for his own career at Auburn, and his own mistakes, including the mess that was 2021. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Got that right. It's the worst I've felt about our team since... well, some Gus years. But 5 straight losses to finish a year. Man. CBH could have won a lotttttt of good will if he was able to finish just 1 of those last 4 games. But he didn't. 

A QB that can execute his offense and an oline is all we are lacking. Defense has been a pleasant surprise.  I think they will be much better next year with the newcomers/transfers and more experience. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

We found something that worked. Tank had 160 total yards. We threw two bombs when we should have been in our 6 minute offense. 

what Is your coaching resume?

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I doubt that there's more that 2-3 posters that actually wanted to keep Gus. The majority liked Gus as a person, and appreciated all the good things he did,  but understood the need for a change. Many posters disapprove of the constant bashing and blaming Gus for Harsin's mistakes. I don't think anyone "hates" Harsin or wants him to fail. But plenty of Auburn fans are not sold on him being the Next Best Thing, and with good reason. He hasn't earned our confidence yet, and things are kind of unsettling right now. He doesn't have a great personality and he hasn't shown that he's a great SEC coach so far. So many people have not warmed up to him yet and that's a reasonable response at this point. I know you hate to admit that Gus is not to blame.....but he has NOTHING to do with Harsin's lack of acceptance by lots of Auburn fans. Harsin is not an obvious good fit on the Plains and it remains to be seen if he works out. He's responsible for his own career at Auburn, and his own mistakes, including the mess that was 2021. 

I am out of likes but u nailed it.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Let me say this about the common excuse in this thread - "execution".

First off, execution is the eternal, unprovable excuse that could be attached to every athletic failure. It absolves coaches of anything, asserting that if their players had just played better, they would have won! "We had a game-plan to feed the ball to the team midget in the low post, he just didn't execute!" 

Execution can only be cited if your players fail to do what is well within their capabilities and strengths. TJ clearly established today that he couldn't throw the ball with any accuracy.

The plays weren't bad because TJ didn't execute. The plays were bad because TJ couldn't execute. And never should have been called.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

Fortunately I wasn't able to watch much of the game. If there is a bright side I suppose there will not be a presumptive starter at QB next season. It will actually be a best man up contest.

Now on to BruceBall 

So proud of the D... missed our NFL draftees, but they fought their tails off and missed on quite a few plays, but kept fightin and overall the young uns stepped up.

on the other hand,

we couldn't even run a QB draw....

I kinda think that says quite a lot about the main problems on O.

Edited by JGLEATON
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

we know you hate him since he isn't a southern Christian, you have made that obvious from day one

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

This is such a bad take when Harsin's 2021 was literally a product of Gus's lack of Oline, WR, and QB recruiting/development and retention on all fronts.

The other stuff about "fit" and if they AUfambly likes him I could care less. Especially his personality. He runs a good scheme, has hired a great DC that has worked out, and as soon as he gets a better oline and a QB that can execute his offense we will have a solid program trending upwards

• Love 2

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I like Harsin and I know it’s just 1 season but more fans should be more critical of him or we’ll stay mediocre for longer than we should. He’s an offensive coach who’s offense struggled, specifically in the 2nd half.

And yes I know these players aren’t “his guys” but what the offense showed is disappointing 

How is more fans being critical of or HC gonna help.   😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Didba said:

This is such a bad take when Harsin's 2021 was literally a product of Gus's lack of Oline, WR, and QB recruiting/development and retention on all fronts.

The other stuff about "fit" and if they AUfambly likes him I could care less. Especially his personality. He runs a good scheme, has hired a great DC that has worked out, and as soon as he gets a better oline and a QB that can execute his offense we will have a solid program trending upwards

beyond stupid take, could not agree with you more

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Probably the same as 90% of this board....😄

Hope one is not required to post. If so I have been illegal from the beginning. I thought all you needed was an opinion!!

I am ready to admit that by this time next year we are likely to have a new AD and a new HC.  I wasn’t a Gus fan at all and agree something had to be done but I don’t think this was it.  I really hope I’m wrong.  

• Like 1