What do all the guys opting to stay mean to you?

bigbird

2 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

Knowing they need another year to get a decent shot at the NFL 

But must also believe they will get what they need at AU or they would Portal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They see Harsin is working hard to get them and the team better.  I also think they see that Harsin will bench even a star if he’s not performing. And perhaps he treats them all like men. 

• Like 2

On the defensive side of the ball, they see that if they stay they can be part of a potentially great defense that’s stacked with talent. Tank staying means he has faith in Harsin and Friend to bring in a few portal guys that’ll help open up some lanes. 

• Like 1

All the above, AND they want to experience the new football complex as a player vs just a visiting alumnus.

Edited by AUx
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AUatHeart said:

It's refreshing seeing tweener NFL guys returning. Having Eason and now Davis on staff to be able to legitimately tell our guys why they need to stay and what they need to work on to get drafted higher is huge.  We haven't had guys choose to stay in a long time. There are tons of guys that if they'd stayed one more year may still be in the league.

• Like 2

A few things come to mind 

The players believe in what the staff is building and want to continue to help lay the foundation.

The guys opting to stay are  recruiting wins that don't show up in final rankings but they do send a message to the underclassmen.

I have a feeling some Harsin doubters may be having crow next year for Thanksgiving. 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Go...

It means they are not leaving…

Most know that their draft stock is not super high. And they know there is a good chance of having a good year.

And apparently they like the coaching staff.

But as all of the great football minds in this board have told us, Harsin sucks. Auburn sucks. And nobody wants to coach or play here. It’s a conundrum I tell ya.

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

I have no reasons to list but THANK YOU Mr. Bird. Finally a positive topic to discuss.  It's like a breath of fresh air this morning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s a great sign that the players have bought into what he’s saying and what they’re seeing in him and the staff.  It’s a  really huge boost to team going into next year regardless of our QB and OL needs.

Most are all fringe day 3 draft picks at best, but trust the coaches that they can come back and improve with an additional year.

- Believe in/like/trust the staff and know that there’s unfinished business

- They know they need more tape and exposure to make a name for themselves and to improve their stock

- Love Auburn and maybe might be able to take advantage of some NIL money 

35 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Most are all fringe day 3 draft picks at best, but trust the coaches that they can come back and improve with an additional year.

How many of those fringe players from last year do you think we would have lost?  

I think 3 maybe 4

Just like there is no way to spin a 6-7 football season, there is no other way to spin this as a sign that the players trust the coaching staff to put them in the best possible position to be successful. I be hard pressed to find anyone who says other wise.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bigbird said:

How many of those fringe players from last year do you think we would have lost?  

I think 3 maybe 4

Schenker probably would have given up football since he wasn't used.  I could have seen one of Hall/Wooden transfer.  

Not sure anyone else has a true draftable future at the moment.  At least some of the guys who left early before produced.

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Just like there is no way to spin a 6-7 football season, there is no other way to spin this as a sign that the players trust the coaching staff to put them in the best possible position to be successful. I be hard pressed to find anyone who says other wise.

Not draft related, but I'm kind of surprised the low amount of transfers we've had so far.  That goes to your point as well.

LT being the only surprise so far

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

10 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

But must also believe they will get what they need at AU or they would Portal.

Great discussion but I love these two posts back to back. I feel like they cover a lot of ground quickly.

• Like 2