Men vs Kentucky Game Thread

Maverick.AU

5 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Bench points. Look at the sheets. We got beat in almost every other category.

JA I may have missed your point.  We were better in shooting % 57 to 50, rebounds by 1, assists by 3 and most important -- points. 

5 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

JA I may have missed your point.  We were better in shooting % 57 to 50, rebounds by 1, assists by 3 and most important -- points. 

Radio had us down on the rebounds (I thought) Steals. Second chances. Free throws? Point was, depth won it -even if I was reaching

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

Don’t worry Kentucky will always have excuses

All of KY twitter is full of excuses. They lose so then they bring up injuries. Or FTs. Or the fact that their history is better. They never own up to the loss. Never acknowledge that over the last 5 years no team has won more in the SEC than Auburn.

• Like 1

Before this season began, Bruce said he thinks this team can be the best team he has ever coached. Reminder that he had a Tennessee team ranked #1 in the country and an Elite 8 team at Tennessee, he's had a Final 4 team here as well as an SEC Championship team the year before our Final 4 team. Plus, he won a National Championship at Southern Indiana back in the 90's but it was a Division II team. For him to say this team can be his best ever says alot!!! 

This team can win any way they have to. We can go small, we can go big with Kessler down low, we can win ugly, low scoring games with our defense, we can win with our bench if we need to, etc. This team can win it all this season.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

Before this season began, Bruce said he thinks this team can be the best team he has ever coached. Reminder that he had a Tennessee team ranked #1 in the country and an Elite 8 team at Tennessee, he's had a Final 4 team here as well as an SEC Championship team the year before our Final 4 team. Plus, he won a National Championship at Southern Indiana back in the 90's but it was a Division II team. For him to say this team can be his best ever says alot!!! 

This team can win any way they have to. We can go small, we can go big with Kessler down low, we can win ugly, low scoring games with our defense, we can win with our bench if we need to, etc. This team can win it all this season.

And the thing about Bruce is that even when you think he is just giving the standard coachspeak, he is still telling the truth. He won't say things like that unless he means it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

All of KY twitter is full of excuses. They lose so then they bring up injuries. Or FTs. Or the fact that their history is better. They never own up to the loss. Never acknowledge that over the last 5 years no team has won more in the SEC than Auburn.

You're exactly right about the Kentucky fans excuses. They are the Alabama fanbase of college basketball. And not only has Auburn won more games the last 5 years than any other SEC team but we've done that even with a sub .500 team thrown in there last year. If last season had been a normal year for us like we are getting with Bruce, we would have a big win advantage the past 5 seasons. WDE

38 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Question to the people in here, been debating on changing my profile pic for a few weeks now, but scared to jinx anything 

Nooooo

9 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

You're exactly right about the Kentucky fans excuses. They are the Alabama fanbase of college basketball. And not only has Auburn won more games the last 5 years than any other SEC team but we've done that even with a sub .500 team thrown in there last year. If last season had been a normal year for us like we are getting with Bruce, we would have a big win advantage the past 5 seasons. WDE

I lived in Louisville for 8 years & encountered KY fans too up close & personal, & I've always said what you just said: Their basketball fans & Alabama football fans are the worst fans in college sports & for the same reasons!

1 hour ago, zeroforwinger said:

Just build Bruce the statue now

And rename the Arena after him.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

"SEEMS" like??? The ultimate doosh.

He'll rank us #2 just to not agree, but to say, hey I gave you the respect you cried for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

He'll rank us #2 just to not agree, but to say, hey I gave you the respect you cried for.

He's not sure if his stupid-ass system is gonna move us up

Just now, jAUSon said:

He's not sure if his stupid-ass system is gonna move us up

You mean the other rankings he looks at to determine his rankings?

He didn't find out who won this game till his Twitter broke.

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

Or he'll rank us #50 to try and keep us out of #1 spot.

38 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Radio had us down on the rebounds (I thought) Steals. Second chances. Free throws? Point was, depth won it -even if I was reaching

Biggest stat not in the statline. Toughness. We def won that. Mentally & physically.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Or he'll rank us #50 to try and keep us out of #1 spot.

He’s already playing with fire. He needs to man up and admit his ignorance.