Men vs Kentucky Game Thread

Maverick.AU

34 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

In the previous recruiting cycle, UK got 5 star Tyty, 5 star Daimon Collins, fringe 5 star Bryce Hopkins, 5 star Shaedon Sharpe, UGA starting PG Sahvir Wheeler, starting WVU big Oscar Tshibewe, and former 4 star Kellan Grady 

I think it might be the coaching, not the talent options 

Team chemistry has a ton to do with it. It’s obvious by their facial expressions and the way they talk to their teammates, KD & Jabari are extremely passionate about winning. Reminds me of several Duke greats. Hated seeing them having success. Love seeing it now they’re one of us. 

So happy we pulled out the win.

Of course UK is complaining about refs and injury lol. I swear that fan base is pure trash. They do nothing but down their own team, coach, fans, and so on. Then they run their mouths about our coach, players, and school in general.

Are they that delusional?

They do realize that historically we are ahead of them and better than them at everything except basketball right? Better academically, better in football, better in literally everything... The only reason they dominated basketball for so long was because no one in the SEC really cared or put as much into it as we are now. Now that more SEC school are trying, they can't stand the competition.

18-1. 

Just keeping winning! So proud of this team.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

So many salty Kentucky fans on Twitter. 

I'm pretty sure I have figured out why the Kentucky fanbase, former players and their radio announcer are pissed off and not showing any love to Auburn. For generations, Kentucky has owned SEC basketball. When another SEC team starts recruiting with them or starts beating them and the national media builds up the other team, Kentucky fans freak out like the SEC can ONLY go through Lexington. I saw the Ky fanbase lose their minds when LSU with Shaq were good, Florida with Billy Donovan winning 2 straight titles, Tennessee under Bruce Pearl, Arkansas under Nolan Richardson got a title and now Bruce has Auburn playing as good and better than Kentucky the past 5 years. The Kentucky fans are getting really paranoid because they know they're losing their stranglehold over the SEC and the SEC is getting 6 and sometimes 7 teams in the top 25 now. They know Bruce's attitude is contagious and that he will continue getting great players so this Auburn team isn't a flash in the pan but could stay neck and neck with Ky for several years. 

You saw Alabama fans freaking out like this when Urban Meyer was at Florida, in 2010 and 2013 with Auburn, LSU the past 15 years and especially when Dabo beat them 2 out of 3 times for the Natty. 

Both fanbases, Ky and Bama, have always been drunk with power and they REALLY don't like a team moving in on their spot. And trust me, if Kentucky fans weren't worried about Auburn and Bruce Pearl then you wouldn't see the hate from their fans like we are seeing. WDE

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

24 pages for a basketball game thread?!??! HELL YAH!!!! THIS PLEASES ME EXTREMELY!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LFG BAY BAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN WALKER KESSLER EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!! HE WAS EATING TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! Him and Wendell are the best QB to WR combo AU has seen in quite some time lol!!!! I SAY IT IS GREAT TO BE A AUBURN TIGER!!!!!!! I think even the resident community pessimist and negative karen @AUwent would agree!!!!!!! lmao

War Eagle, Brother! I think Auburn Basketball has finally made it on this forum! :D

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Man, those ky fans are some funny clowns. The interviews I've seen of their players aren't much better. Not a good look when you are a whiny sore losers but that's the true blue of ky.

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

24 pages for a basketball game thread?!??! HELL YAH!!!! THIS PLEASES ME EXTREMELY!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LFG BAY BAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN WALKER KESSLER EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!! HE WAS EATING TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! Him and Wendell are the best QB to WR combo AU has seen in quite some time lol!!!! I SAY IT IS GREAT TO BE A AUBURN TIGER!!!!!!! I think even the resident community pessimist and negative karen @AUwent would agree!!!!!!! lmao

Wish you weren't so noncommittal

• Haha 2

We outscored KY 64-46 after TyTy went down.  18 points!  He's not making that up himself without taking away from someone who did score for them.  Anyways, moving forward, we go to Missouri and then OK and Bama at home.  I hope we can keep this run a little before slipping up in a game and losing.  At Missouri is a true trap IMO. They have given everyone fits despite not finishing a lot of times.  They can bite you.  That being said, I definitely want to keep the 1 ranking,  assuming we get it, through these next 5or 6 games.  I could see us losing at Florida but we don't need that negative crap lol.  Go Bruce! Go Team! Go Jungle!! Haha. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coach Cal is obnoxious. His players just do what he does. one of the things I like about Pearl. Never acts arrogant.  I will always remember how he presented himself after the Virginia loss. If there was ever a time he could justify being a jerk (and I would have been ok with that 🤣) he was still gracious. That had to be difficult! Give the man his lifetime contract!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

We outscored KY 64-46 after TyTy went down.  18 points!  He's not making that up himself without taking away from someone who did score for them.  Anyways, moving forward, we go to Missouri and then OK and Bama at home.  I hope we can keep this run a little before slipping up in a game and losing.  At Missouri is a true trap IMO. They have given everyone fits despite not finishing a lot of times.  They can bite you.  That being said, I definitely want to keep the 1 ranking,  assuming we get it, through these next 5or 6 games.  I could see us losing at Florida but we don't need that negative crap lol.  Go Bruce! Go Team! Go Jungle!! Haha. 

I forgot about that OK game, what a weird time in the schedule for a big name non-conference game. Also, I’m not sure there are anymore trap games for us. Bruce already played that card for the Ole Miss game and we can’t have a trap game every week. We are so far along now we are everybody’s super bowl. Really odd to think of AU basketball like that but that’s what Bruce has done. Truly remarkable. 

Great game. Of course Kentucky would be complaining. This board would be doing the same thing. Fact is that's howbasketball goes and that's what makes depth so important as well. We may see them again.

Thing for us is to keep improving. I see we are improving with turnovers a bit, now if we can make improve as far as our guards being playmakers I think we'll be right where we want to be to get ready for the tournament. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Great game. Of course Kentucky would be complaining. This board would be doing the same thing. Fact is that's howbasketball goes and that's what makes depth so important as well. We may see them again.

Thing for us is to keep improving. I see we are improving with turnovers a bit, now if we can make improve as far as our guards being playmakers I think we'll be right where we want to be to get ready for the tournament. 

Kentucky fans aren't just complaining. They are complete lunatics over at Rupp Rafters. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Yeah I wish Mizzou was a Wednesday game. Give us another day to get over this one.

• Thanks 1

I think that Flan will show us a lot more between now and tournament time. He needs to be player that the other players look to for stability. He has shown that at times but not consistently...but he will!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

I think that Flan will show us a lot more between now and tournament time. He needs to be player that the other players look to for stability. He has shown that at times but not consistently...but he will!

He's come a long way in just a month. Finally getting his groove back. He was big yesterday with Green turning it over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

THIS. IS. AUBURN.

• Love 2