Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

That still doesn't seem like the PTB has a legitimate, verifiable cause.

Cause they don't. Very limited for cause firing in the K.

1 minute ago, provibe said:

What makes you think that this rumor is even remotely true. Do you have any clue as to who the source is! You are just helping spread unsubstantiated rumors. Do you think for a minute that he has been coaching for 10 years and it is just coming out that he is a racist! Please use just a little common sense!

“If that’s true….”

There’s some smoke in what players are saying. I don’t know if it’s true. I’ll tell you this, and I posted it a bit back, I am concerned that he’s fired two widely loved Black coaches (or run one off) and replaced each with White friends. I didn’t draw conclusions then and I won’t now, but I promise you the Auburn people who are making calls about this are asking about it.

4 minutes ago, provibe said:

What makes you think that this rumor is even remotely true. Do you have any clue as to who the source is! You are just helping spread unsubstantiated rumors. Do you think for a minute that he has been coaching for 10 years and it is just coming out that he is a racist! Please use just a little common sense!

You asked 3 questions without using a question mark and that makes me cringe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

You know, this all started with Harsin having an affair, then moved to verbally assaulting coaches and players and now coach is a racist! What’s next? Please don’t keep these rumors spreading! If someone has FACTS to any of this, then name sources!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DyeCampAlum said:

“If that’s true….”

There’s some smoke in what players are saying. I don’t know if it’s true. I’ll tell you this, and I posted it a bit back, I am concerned that he’s fired two widely loved Black coaches (or run one off) and replaced each with White friends. I didn’t draw conclusions then and I won’t now, but I promise you the Auburn people who are making calls about this are asking about it.

But that's not exactly the sort of thing that would justify a for cause.

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

That still doesn't seem like the PTB has a legitimate, verifiable cause.

If you mean “dismissed with cause,” I’d probably agree.

If the quotes are legit, it’s every reason to move on. Every coach who recruits against Auburn would have this story up on their tablet.

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

You asked 3 questions without using a question mark and that makes me cringe. 

C'mon man, I'm a lawyer and I don't even care that much..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

“If that’s true….”

So you are going to try and ruin a man when you have no proof of anything! What proves that he ran anyone off because of the color of their skin ? You can’t!!!!!!

• Like 2

Just now, provibe said:

So you are going to try and ruin a man when you have no proof of anything! What proves that he ran anyone off because of the color of their skin ? You can’t!!!!!!

I'd hate for some of these people to to be prosecutors. Condemning people with no actual evidence besides hearsay.  Wouldn't even meet more than a scintilla of evidence standard.

3 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

If the quotes are legit, it’s every reason to move on. Every coach who recruits against Auburn would have this story up on their tablet.

I am so tired of all of this IF crap! I didn’t think this forum allowed all this unsubstantiated rumor crap!

• Like 2

This is getting a little dumb. In every post I’ve indicated that I don’t know what’s true. Not once have I called for Harsin to be gone. None of us know what’s going on, except that Auburn is clearly investigating it.

What I have said is that that Advertizer story is very, very bad for Harsin and for Auburn.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, provibe said:

You guys do know there is an ongoing investigation into this matter? Absolutely no details of the findings of an investigation that’s not even complete yet have been released to the public. All of this from an affair to racism to abuse of players and coaches and they’re just gonna move from one thing to another, to another, to another is all BS! Like him or not, want to keep him or not, the man is under investigation by the University of Auburn. I’m sorry, but I don’t love any coach more than I love the university itself!

Edited by AU-24

If it's in print or even just posted people will believe it. It's incredible in the worst way possible. The same people who will trash a journalist for going against the narrative they subscribe to are the same folks who will take a rumor from the least credible source as the gospel as long as it reinforces what they WANT to believe. Regardless if it's right or not. It's happening at unprecedented levels. Pretty scary, honestly. Some of y'all really need to check yourselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

A zillion things we could say, so I will just ask: do you think the Dodge Chargers are coming from Nick Saban him self?

A college football player can afford a nice car with Pell Grant money.

From 2019; "The University of Alabama had 131 athletes receive $566,495 in federal aid, with football players accounting for 51 percent of the total. Auburn had 112 athletes with Pell Grant awards totaling $539,327."

4 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

Still wouldn't justify doing it now and not after this next season. Other than they're trying to find a way out of paying his buyout.

34 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Exactly as I said earlier with similar relationships. Amazing how so many here are naive enough to doubt it. Let me just say one name.....Billy Neighbors, an all star OG at bama and an all pro in the NFL. He is a wealthy stockbroker in Huntsville (retired). Son Wes played Center at bama.. Billy has no love for AU and is a big REC guy. He was on the plane that went to Miami to bring Saban back to Tuscalooser. And the chief of the REC is none other than Paul Bryant, Jr.

Just as an FYI and you may know this but you keep using the word “is” for Billy and he’s been dead for like 10 years or so. I had to read this a couple times to make sure I was seeing it right. :) 

Edited by NoALtiger

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

You guys do know there is an ongoing investigation into this matter? Absolutely no details of the findings of an investigation that’s not even complete yet have been released to the public. All of this from an affair to racism to abuse of players and coaches and they’re just gonna move from one thing to another, to another, to another is all BS! Like him or not, want to keep him or not, the man is under investigation by the University of Auburn. I’m sorry, but I don’t love any coach more than I love the university itself!

Is the university of Auburn the team that’s been stealing our players??? (Trying to lighten the mood)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, provibe said:

You know, this all started with Harsin having an affair, then moved to verbally assaulting coaches and players and now coach is a racist! What’s next? Please don’t keep these rumors spreading! If someone has FACTS to any of this, then name sources!

Crazy thought...maybe it didn't "all start" with bull**** rumors from the internet and it been something specific all along ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

You guys do know there is an ongoing investigation into this matter? Absolutely no details of the findings of an investigation that’s not even complete yet have been released to the public. All of us from an affair to racism to abuse of players and coaches and they’re just gonna move from one thing to another, to another, to another is all BS! Like him or not, want to keep him or not, the man is under investigation by the University of Auburn. I’m sorry, but I don’t love any coach more than I love the university itself!

And do you KNOW if they have found ANY wrongdoing yet? Why not wait and let them investigate before you throw mud on someone that may not be guilty of anything!

Wes Neighbors was the best football player I ever played against. (High school.) And we played against a half-dozen NFL players. Every time I hit him, I literally just bounced off. Completely disruptive.

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

What if its an illegitimate investigation instigated by bad faith actors, just trying to get rid of him?

5 minutes ago, peashooter said:

From 2019; "The University of Alabama had 131 athletes receive $566,495 in federal aid, with football players accounting for 51 percent of the total. Auburn had 112 athletes with Pell Grant awards totaling $539,327."

That’s $4300 per student athlete. Lol. Or for football players only it comes out to somewhere in the neighborhood of $5700 per player. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger

4 minutes ago, peashooter said:

OK, so Alabama football players are using Pell Grant money to buy dodge chargers, but Auburn football players are not. I get it now.

4 minutes ago, peashooter said:

You definitely don’t understand how Pell Grants work then.