Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

So people accused him of being racist?

Either racist or ignorant and insensitive/make comments that ppl perceive as being racist  

Just wat Jay G Tate put out. That's probably worse than the affair 

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Metafour claimed that the boosters were suddenly very united after the last year, which obviously contradicts what JGT seemed to hint. So obviously, I desperately hope Meta is correct.

WTH does it matter at this point? We are a freaking laughing stock nationally now. Unlike most here I listen to national sports shows more so than FInebaum or whoever. If you think we look bad in the SEC conversation, it took days to get to embarrasing outside the area. But it did. And it really doesn't matter what side your on here. It's a freaking bad look. But don't worry. The next coach will probably be a players coach, but really tough father figure, christian but not to the atheist 5 stars we might need, a really great communicator to our PTB, while telling them to GTH and let me run the program like Nick, etc, etc. I have been an AU man for 6 decades. We are not UT. We are uat while TT was here. 

I hope he didn't.....then I can't support him at all if he did that. I figured he'd probably do stupid stuff as far as not trying to help of support players grow but I don't think he'd just do something racist....at least I hope not.

The stuff with coach corn was very suspect though

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

This will go over well...

Though there has been much pearl-clutching over nebulous allegations of personal misconduct, we're told no such allegation is part of The Forces Against Harsin's "case" against the head coach.

• The "case" revolves around Harsin's behavior as it relates to players and (former) coaches. In particular, some feel/assert that Harsin's behavior struck them as racist. We're told that claim is being investigated most rigorously. We're also told that Allen Greene met with a small group of football players this afternoon in connection with the claims of racism.

Even if he was, which I dunno what to think about until I see the proof, can they fire you for cause for that? It seems like based on yesterday’s reporting that whatever they were bringing to the AD was “for cause” material 

edit: and I’m not mitigating the severity of that allegation, I’d like him to be gone if it’s true. It’s just that if they can’t get him off the books for free, I have a sinking feeling they wouldn’t (at least not without unanimous consent) 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

10 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

WTH does it matter at this point? We are a freaking laughing stock nationally now. Unlike most here I listen to national sports shows more so than FInebaum or whoever. If you think we look bad in the SEC conversation, it took days to get to embarrasing outside the area. But it did. And it really doesn't matter what side your on here. It's a freaking bad look. But don't worry. The next coach will probably be a players coach, but really tough father figure, christian but not to the atheist 5 stars we might need, a really great communicator to our PTB, while telling them to GTH and let me run the program like Nick, etc, etc. I have been an AU man for 6 decades. We are not UT. We are uat while TT was here. 

In that case, the rest of the SEC better start dreading 2027+. 😃

Edited by AUwent

21 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

There is no going back from this. It is going to be ugly. Either the BOT proves he is a racist scumbag, in which case he deserves to be fired, or he is exonerated in which case he sues AU… 

SMH…. Greene probably feels terrible right now. 

JABA. I’m done. Thank goodness for the bball team. 

Other than a poster or two on here, who is accusing him of being a racist? I missed that one.

7 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Other than a poster or two on here, who is accusing him of being a racist? I missed that one.

The point is that it sounds like our boosters are trying to accuse him of this so they don't have to pay the buyout.

1 hour ago, Mitchie said:

And I've read about Gene Jelks and Eric Ramsey, and a lot of that. I just can't believe some people can't see beyond the old ways and actually believe Alabama "operatives" have something to do with the center of this. If anything, it seems Alabama powers would WANT Harsin to stay. Again, an outside opinion.

Dude mitchie.....

you have no true idea about the REC, if you are from TX.  Best you just stay out of this.  Just reading their mission on their website should be enough (if it’s still there).

Really didn't think I'd ever meet a time that I absolutely despised and hated AU football, but I have now. Through it all, I have always loved AU but this a damn s*** show and all those big money guys can go shove a log up their ass for all I care. This is horse s***.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

It sounds like they are moving from affair with an assistant (that is likely untrue) to now he’s a racist? Sounds like they just want to fire him without paying him.  Sounds like some pretty scummy people.  Ditto what maverick said.

• Like 3

Just now, BJCrawford said:

It sounds like they are moving from affair with an assistant (that is likely untrue) to now he’s a racist? Sounds like they just want to fire him without paying him.  Sounds like some pretty scummy people.  Ditto what maverick said.

Yep absolute garbage and based on what hoke has said this really just seems like some planned out crap 

8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Hoke feels this is boosters trying to use his culture change against him fwiw

Yeah, change is hard sometimes. Losing power is even harder. 

• Like 1

It’s all par the course for Auburn football… someone just needs to make a statement and we move the frick on…. Changing the culture from the old era isn’t easy this day in age. People get their panties in a wad…. I support Harsin… he ain’t going anywhere. 

8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Really didn't think I'd ever meet a time that I absolutely despised and hated AU football, but I have now. Through it all, I have always loved AU but this a damn s*** show and all those big money guys can go shove a log up their ass for all I care. This is horse s***.

Truly, if this stuff is investigated and found to be false, those behind all the rumors should be publicly outed. Their dollars, if they are donors, should be rejected. Auburn should disassociate from them. This is ridiculous. 

• Like 3

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

Yeah, change is hard sometimes. Losing power is even harder. 

If this is what happened, how are we going to ever recover from this?! Can't have success without $, can't have $ without a solid backing from the boosters. Yet, with our boosters pulling this little stunt who would want to come here?

19 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Even if he was, which I dunno what to think about until I see the proof, can they fire you for cause for that? It seems like based on yesterday’s reporting that whatever they were bringing to the AD was “for cause” material 

edit: and I’m not mitigating the severity of that allegation, I’d like him to be gone if it’s true. It’s just that if they can’t get him off the books for free, I have a sinking feeling they wouldn’t (at least not without unanimous consent) 

Well, "it depends." If he somehow treated a player or staff member differently (i.e., did something that had an adverse impact to their job and/or scholarship) because of the color of their skin, then absolutely. Some of that is hard to prove without any overt statements of such or examples/patterns of less than favorable treatment compared to their White counterparts.

Any who, I hope there's nothing to him being a racist. I'd doubt it but, if there is something there then it'll come out and he should be walked out.

11 minutes ago, AUwent said:

The point is that it sounds like our boosters are trying to accuse him of this so they don't have to pay the buyout.

So first, the initial allegation, we can’t discuss, some believed the conspiracy that it was all made up to not pay the buyout. Now they are saying he’s a racist so they don’t have to pay the buyout? Wondering, is there any chance at all that some of this train wreck is Harsin’s fault? Or does it just have to be someone else?

6 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Who is moving on from the affair? People on this board? Where do you guys get this stuff?

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

So first, the initial allegation, we can’t discuss, some believed the conspiracy that it was all made up to not pay the buyout. Now they are saying he’s a racist so they don’t have to pay the buyout? Wondering, is there any chance at all that some of this train wreck is Harsin’s fault? Or does it just have to be someone else?

I like what @TitanTiger said. It could be a mixture of s*** from both sides brewing that’s blowing up right now

Edited by Taco

3 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Truly, if this stuff is investigated and found to be false, those behind all the rumors should be publicly outed. Their dollars, if they are donors, should be rejected. Auburn should disassociate from them. This is ridiculous. 

Heard the same after Jetgate.

Nothing happened.

1 minute ago, EagleEye67 said:

Heard the same after Jetgate.

Nothing happened.

Because we need our boosters. They were the ones who gave Pearl what he wanted, for instance. And there's that little NIL matter.

Edited by AUwent

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yep absolute garbage and based on what hoke has said this really just seems like some planned out crap 

I pray this is not the case. It is really going to make me question some things.

• Like 1

My instinct is that Pearl cares about the university, in a much broader sense. He’s passionate, an alpha male, and becoming AU’s most dynamic, influential personality. This doesn’t mesh with his “we’re an everything school” mantra. 

I’d be surprised if he’s not weighing in on this clown show behind the scenes.