Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

Just a sidethought...

Would you have went on vacation without hiring a Offensive Coordinator?

If your integrity and possibly your job itself were on the line, would you stay on vacation or return home to fight for your self?

• Like 8
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So Hoke is now trying to throw players under the bus? 

None of this is fun for AU ppl but as my great grandmother used to say...you would argue the horns off of a Billie goat!   Nowhere in that report does he throw players under the bus. 

Maybe everyone just needs some shut-eye and a do over tomorrow. WDE 

3 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

Just a sidethought...

If your integrity and possibly your job itself were on the line, would you stay on vacation or return home to fight for your self?

Well, I might have GONE on vacation, especially if it is scheduled during a time when I can actually go.

The rest of the post I refuse to take on.  Just not worth it.

• Like 1

Just now, TigerPAC said:

None of this is fun for AU ppl but as my great grandmother used to say...you would argue the horns off of a Billie goat!   Nowhere in that report does he throw players under the bus. 

Maybe everyone just needs some shut-eye and a do over tomorrow. WDE 

https://youtu.be/3YxaaGgTQYM?t=62

6 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

Just a sidethought...

I mean, it is very likely he isn't actually enjoying his vacation that much at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

Just a sidethought...

Just my two cents. Seems like the guy has been a miss-managing train wreck from the get-go. With that said: Do we even know for sure he’s on vacation? Do we even know for sure he was asked to come back from vacation and said no? With just the way this guy has handled his business, nothing would surprise me.

Still what… less than 24 hours the story has been broke to the public?

I will say, before long, if it hasn’t already started, it’s probably just a matter of, do they have to pay a buyout? Are they negotiating how much buyout they can get away with not paying. Obviously if they have hard evidence of the affair etc. they’re not paying any buyout at all. That may be the whole purpose of the investigation, but who really knows? 

47 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Truly, if this stuff is investigated and found to be false, those behind all the rumors should be publicly outed. Their dollars, if they are donors, should be rejected. Auburn should disassociate from them. This is ridiculous. 

Ok, then say bye to nice things like Bruce Pearl, the new football facility, the new basketball facility for Pearl that was just ok’d today by the BOT, any kind of decent salary options for coaches……

You don’t bite the hand that feeds you and unfortunately the boosters at every major college program have the feed. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

There's a very big difference between explicit racism and not understanding your players backgrounds. Harsin is not the only coach to struggle with that. It's something that needs to be improved, if true, but they better have a smoking gun

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Booster problems like AU has used to be even worse at Alabama.  Nick Saban put a hard stop to that. 

No s***, he can do whatever the **** he wants because all he does is win. 

42 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

When I see proof, I’ll believe it then. I get it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. Also waiting til the guy is out of the country to start this is suspect as well. I just want proof, no matter what it is.

Well, actually we are not that far off. I want to see proof that we’ve moved on from the affair, and now all of a sudden the guy is a racist. I want to see proof that the BOT is going to smear this guy with salacious rumors and run his family through the ringer, because they don’t wanna pay for a buyout. The BOT is going to make all this up out of thin air so they could be sued in court and possibly even do jail time for such slander?

No way!

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Well, actually we are not that far off. I want to see proof that we’ve moved on from the affair, and now all of a sudden the guy is a racist. I want to see proof that the BOT is going to smear this guy with salacious rumors and run his family through the ringer, because they don’t wanna pay for a buyout. The BOT is going to make all this up out of thin air so they could be sued in court and possibly even do jail time for such slander?

No way!

I really, really hope you and Meta are right. I'll leave it there.

2 minutes ago, fishepa said:

And because the guy that hired him handed him a blank sheet of paper and he wrote his contract. Once again, Nick has no boss at uat. I'm not saying this, Forbes magazine said this. And the guy that passed Saban the paper. They read the contract. Now....

Who are you gonna give the legal pad to and tell them to write there own terms? They got lucky, but it was not a given at that time. And the whole state apparatus was behind him. Half our fan base can't agree on desert. 

5 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Yes and one reason why is Saban shut that booster s*** down when he came on board and they knew they had better back off and let him run his program…..of course he had a lot more collateral to make those demands than Harsin has. 

Mal Moore convinced them the time was right to pony up the big $$$ to bring in a coach like Saban and loosen their control of the program….and we all see the results. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

Yes and one reason why is Saban shut that booster s*** down when he came on board and they knew they had better back off and let him run his program…..of course he had a lot more collateral to make those demands than Harsin has. 

Mal Moore convinced them the time was right to pony up the big $$$ to bring in a coach like Saban and loosen their control of the program….and we all see the results. 

And AU fans sit here with our thumbs up our asses. JABA

3 hours ago, Mitchie said:

No, sir, not really; I've always respected the Auburn-Alabama rivalry as the best in sports, not just in college. I live in Texas. I'm a freelance reporter. I always enjoy this site because the fans are passionate about their school. The comment about Alabama being to blame for problems just pushed me over the edge. I'm sorry, man. Just couldn't believe it, although AEAugirl pointed out a lot of Auburn folks have long blamed the REC for their problems -- I guess that stands for Red Elephant Club, if I understood right?

I've been around a lot longer than you have and actually had the captain of one of bama's teams under Bear Bryant come to work for me. We became close friends and still are today.  I'm also friends with a current member of bama's BOT. He hates AU and I guarantee you the REC is always active in harming AU any way they can. You, AEAugirl or anyone else is naive if they think otherwise.

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 5

Seems like Harsin's players are telling stories that would convince future top recruits to look elsewhere.

Wow, way back when, we had the chance to hire Kirby Smart, but we rejected him and hired Gus instead.  Then Leath...Wow.

The bottom line is this: even if we lose face by firing Harsin now, we save having to fire him next year, when he will surely have a losing record worse than this year, based upon all the transfers, coaching casualties, and the poor recruiting class (based upon TAM, UA, and UGA).

His tenure at AU is doomed.  There is nothing that could save him now.  Whether or not he's mostly to blame.

This was a hire I initially supported, but he's obviously in over his head and is not the answer for us.

That's how I feel.  But I may be wrong.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Seems like Harsin's players are telling stories that would convince future top recruits to look elsewhere.

Wow, way back when, we had the chance to hire Kirby Smart, but we rejected him and hired Gus instead.  Then Leath...Wow.

The bottom line is this: even if we lose face by firing Harsin now, we save having to fire him next year, when he will surely have a losing record worse than this year, based upon all the transfers, coaching casualties, and the poor recruiting class (based upon TAM, UA, and UGA).

His tenure at AU is doomed.  There is nothing that could save him now.  Whether or not he's mostly to blame.

This was a hire I initially supported, but he's obviously in over his head and is not the answer for us.

Agree with most everything you said, don’t forget Jimbo Fisher.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Ok, then say bye to nice things like Bruce Pearl, the new football facility, the new basketball facility for Pearl that was just ok’d today by the BOT, any kind of decent salary options for coaches……

You don’t bite the hand that feeds you and unfortunately the boosters at every major college program have the feed. 

Bite that hand off all the way to the shoulder. The  money isn’t worth the alleged sabotage. Lol. 

I hope everyone associated with the last 45 pages has explosive diarrhea tonight and goes 💩 in their pants. Good night and WDE! I love all of y’all (except the old guy) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I think it’s toxic, a toxic relationship. May be just time to move on cause I don’t know how either side work together after his. 

Especially with all the things I’ve heard about his lack of recruiting. It definitely concerns how he can really build up auburn to the levels he claims. I think the culture will be great, but we may not have the talent/freaks to get us over the hump.