Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, O&B said:

I don’t know how to take this….

I could see where that statement was a little ambiguous

Just now, W.E.D said:

I'm not making the statement as pure fact like you are.

I copied and pasted the kids from certain income, from your statement.

1 minute ago, Didba said:

Really? I mean I know it exists but does it really do everything that people claim? Some of the stuff that is said make it out to almost be a baba yaga... booogeyman

And the Alabama machine has no influence on Alabama politics. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

Okay, that is what I read. That statement didn't seem to imply that to me.  Thanks.

“Affiliated” could mean a number of different folks. One of the names mentioned makes me scratch my head. Sounds like to many damn folks doing exit interviews. 

we will be fine end of day

6 minutes ago, Kentucky Tiger said:

Let me throw in kind of an outside comment. I'm new to the board (posted briefly a couple years ago), but I'm not new to the forum or to AU. I lived in Alabama for 20 years and have been a fan for 30. I'm passionate about Auburn and hate the Tide  with equal passion.

A couple possible observations with no inside information.

1) Maybe Harsin is an anachronism, an old school guy used to coaching kids who herded cattle or shot elk in the off season. He doesn't get social media and urban culture. Bad fit for an SEC school with the bright lights and bling. Or maybe he's a joker

2) The Justin Lee article someone called "brutal" was pathetic. Just a media monkey flinging poo for the TPTB. Hope he gets an invite to the suites, the little pressitute.

3) Sounds to me like there's some guys like being challenged to man up and some other guys who like be friended on Facebook and remembering being the big dog in high school. Reminds me of a story. Kid struck out 9out of 10 guys in amateur baseball. Went to the pros, couldn't get anybody out. Coach told him "You remember that 10th guy, they're all here" That's how life is, you got to earn respect.

Just my opinion.

Prestitute thats RICH. I'm using that one

• Like 1

Just now, Didba said:

Really? I mean I know it exists but does it really do everything that people claim? Some of the stuff that is said make it out to almost be a baba yaga... booogeyman

Yes. 100%? No.

Just now, O&B said:

And the Alabama machine has no influence on Alabama politics. 

Well this one I believe.  So many high quality lawyers went to Bama and then go on to be big people in the state. Say what you will about Alabama University but Alabama Law is a great school. If they hadn't waitlisted me I'd be there instead of UH.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Yes. 100%? No.

I pick up what you are putting down.

10 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I wonder who the source is. 

Just like all the other crap on here, there isn’t one! Why not just stop with all the rumor sh—

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

“Affiliated” could mean a number of different folks. One of the names mentioned makes me scratch my head. Sounds like to many damn folks doing exit interviews. 

we will be fine end of day

What I thought as well. Affiliated is so broad.

14 minutes ago, Didba said:

REC is as real as there being microchips in the COVID vaccines...

Edit: or maybe there is more to it then I realized...

A zillion things we could say, so I will just ask: do you think the Dodge Chargers are coming from Nick Saban him self?

I am not as plugged in as others…Hollywood can’t come up with new ideas for movies but what I have seen in 60 years would make a Blockbuster movie that people would swear there is no way it’s true. 

Just now, AU-24 said:

A zillion things we could say, so I will just ask: do you think the Dodge Chargers are coming from Nick Saban him self?

See this is another one I believe as well. My Dad and I used to debate this one all the time while in the deer stand.  I eventually conceded that he was right about all those nice cars and nice suits.

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

One of my best friends, a lawyer from Russellville, has been in the REC going on 30 years now. Get him a few Markers Mark and he opens up. I would estimate about 80% of what you hear on the REC is about right. I've seen it in action in person but I'm not blaming any of this on them yet but now that it has started I can promise you they will just add to the rumors and keep it going..tifwitw no skin off my back

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

One of my best friends, a lawyer from Russellville, has been in the REC going on 30 years now. Get him a few Markers Mark and he opens up. I would estimate about 80% of what you hear on the REC is about right. I've seen it in action in person but I'm not blaming any of this on them yet but now that it has started I can promise you they will just add to the rumors and keep it going..tifwitw no skin off my back

Exactly as I said earlier with similar relationships. Amazing how so many here are naive enough to doubt it. Let me just say one name.....Billy Neighbors, an all star OG at bama and an all pro in the NFL. He is a wealthy stockbroker in Huntsville (retired). Son Wes played Center at bama.. Billy has no love for AU and is a big REC guy. He was on the plane that went to Miami to bring Saban back to Tuscalooser. And the chief of the REC is none other than Paul Bryant, Jr.

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 3

No way to know how much truth is in the quotes from this article. But I know two things. (1) You very rarely see an article like this one. And (2) when you do, the coach doesn’t last long.

This is bad news.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburn/2022/02/04/bryan-harsin-auburn-football-toxic-dysfunctional-program/6664062001/

And don’t ever doubt that when Saban is gone Paul Bryant JR and the rest will be back to doing the exact same thing or worse to Alabama that our PTB are doing now. Saban got control and won which kept them at bay. This is the only thing that saves them from this currently.

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I believe you.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Any word on negotiations to reduce the buyout, or are they still trying for all cause?

Edited by AU-24

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

My instinct is that Pearl cares about the university, in a much broader sense. He’s passionate, an alpha male, and becoming AU’s most dynamic, influential personality. This doesn’t mesh with his “we’re an everything school” mantra. 

I’d be surprised if he’s not weighing in on this clown show behind the scenes.

aw yes Ole alpha male Bruce 

6 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

No way to know how much truth is in the quotes from this article. But I know two things. (1) You very rarely see an article like this one. And (2) when you do, the coach doesn’t last long.

This is bad news.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburn/2022/02/04/bryan-harsin-auburn-football-toxic-dysfunctional-program/6664062001/

That still doesn't seem like the PTB has a legitimate, verifiable cause.

24 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

If that’s true, and if it’s part of a pattern, I could see it described as racism. Yikes.

What makes you think that this rumor is even remotely true. Do you have any clue as to who the source is! You are just helping spread unsubstantiated rumors. Do you think for a minute that he has been coaching for 10 years and it is just coming out that he is a racist! Please use just a little common sense!