Malik Willis

Proud Tiger

Really happy for him. Glad he was able to adapt and get so much better. Look where it's taken him. Damn shame it couldn't happen here because we really could have used him the last few years

• Like 5

He may end up being a Steeler.....not sure we trade for the shot at him but it's possible. 

Very proud of Malik! We had some this year who were playing butthurt from looking in the mirror and not realizing maturity issues. Hopefully each of them will do the same self-examination of their own maturity before they do something they will later regret! War Eagle Malik, looking forward to watching you in the NFL!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, warhogone said:

Very proud of Malik! We had some this year who were playing butthurt from looking in the mirror and not realizing maturity issues. Hopefully each of them will do the same self-examination of their own maturity before they do something they will later regret! War Eagle Malik, looking forward to watching you in the NFL!!

I have a strong feeling more than 50% of the AU players that entered the portal this year because of immaturity and not playing as fast as they thought they should, will not find a new home and it will cost them a college education. They will all (like many schools players) have very deep regrets for many years! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keywest said:

I have a strong feeling more than 50% of the AU players that entered the portal this year because of immaturity and not playing as fast as they thought they should, will not find a new home and it will cost them a college education. They will all (like many schools players) have very deep regrets for many years! 

I wonder how many have not found  a home yet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I wonder how many have not found  a home yet?

After doing the research: Former AU players have far exceeded the national average of players finding ne homes through the portal. The historic number of players not finding new homes is close to 75% but as of today, 19 AU players entered the portal and only 6 haven't found a new home

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, keywest said:

After doing the research: Former AU players have far exceeded the national average of players finding ne homes through the portal. The historic number of players not finding new homes is close to 75% but as of today, 19 AU players entered the portal and only 6 haven't found a new home

Probably better to compare againstSEC players in portal.

26 minutes ago, keywest said:

Gus. UCF.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, au302 said:

Really happy for him. Glad he was able to adapt and get so much better. Look where it's taken him. Damn shame it couldn't happen here because we really could have used him the last few years

And this should be a message to fans that complain about players transferring. We have no idea what is going on internally and sometimes the best answer is to get a fresh start at a new place. It doesn’t matter who is right or wrong. We should all be grateful for the time they spent here and wish them well when they move on, just like we wish incoming transfers to do well. 🤔  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, keywest said:

1 hour ago, keywest said:

And one of those six (Nick Curtis) was a walkon. Leaving 5 of 18 scholarship players who have yet to be placed.

I had to be better, but I needed to find somewhere else to play and find someone to help me get where I needed to go.”

Smart on his part to realize he wouldn't have gotten that if he had stayed. He was developed at Liberty. Congrats to him.

• Like 1

Much like Bo. He saw a better opportunity at Oregon not only to show his skills but to do it in an environment that would be less dangerous on his repairing leg, than to return to the SEC grind . Also looking in the rear view mirror I think the offense was in disarray by end of the year. Could be some coaching conflict between Bobo/Harsin/Friend. Much like we saw with Gus, where he hired OCs but then wanted them to run his plays. That’s never going to work. Probably why Harsin called in one of his old guys, but that guy has grown up now in the NFL and wasn’t agreeable to just being a seat holder that Harsin wanted. Harsin needs to decide if he wants to be a head coach or an offensive coordinator and not both. We don’t need to short change the team just to hire a place holder at OC. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, keywest said:

When I saw the number of players in the portal last year compared to the number of spots available I knew some kids would be SOL.  This year there are even more portal players and a very limited # of spots available.  Like you said, these kids will be without a 100% paid college education, housing/board, the best training and workout facilities for their sport, etc.  

It's a shame really.  I'd like to see a documentary done in a few years on those student-athletes that didn't land at another school out of the portal.  Where are they now?  And do they have regrets for entering the portal?  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mikey said:

And one of those six (Nick Curtis) was a walkon. Leaving 5 of 18 scholarship players who have yet to be placed.

Curious what the percentage of SEC players don’t land somewhere. They have to be higher Than general CFB IMO.

29 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Much like Bo. He saw a better opportunity at Oregon not only to show his skills but to do it in an environment that would be less dangerous on his repairing leg, than to return to the SEC grind . Also looking in the rear view mirror I think the offense was in disarray by end of the year. Could be some coaching conflict between Bobo/Harsin/Friend. Much like we saw with Gus, where he hired OCs but then wanted them to run his plays. That’s never going to work. Probably why Harsin called in one of his old guys, but that guy has grown up now in the NFL and wasn’t agreeable to just being a seat holder that Harsin wanted. Harsin needs to decide if he wants to be a head coach or an offensive coordinator and not both. We don’t need to short change the team just to hire a place holder at OC. 🤔

Most of the disarray was lack of decent play at QB IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Most of the disarray was lack of decent play at QB IMO.

I respectfully disagree . I saw a lot of missed opportunity on play calling such as was on display in the Iron Bowl. Not running the ball to use up time and not going for two on the first OT. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I respectfully disagree . I saw a lot of missed opportunity on play calling such as was on display in the Iron Bowl. Not running the ball to use up time and not going for two on the first OT. 

Bobo was the key, He didn't want to run the ball and that was his egocentric failure period!!!  No loss, complete refusal to run the ball!!!!   No adjustments in the fourth qtr and/or second half by either Bobo or Mason are probably what contributed to both's decisions to get out of town!!!

1 hour ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I had to be better, but I needed to find somewhere else to play and find someone to help me get where I needed to go.”

Smart on his part to realize he wouldn't have gotten that if he had stayed. He was developed at Liberty. Congrats to him.

And he turned into a good QB with an NFL future once he left AU. That’s not on our current staff. I hope he does well and think his ceiling is high in the NFL. 

21 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

And he turned into a good QB with an NFL future once he left AU. That’s not on our current staff. I hope he does well and think his ceiling is high in the NFL. 

No, it was on the previous staff inability to develop not only him but any other QB.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I guess my takeaway is that it isn't always the coach. Sometimes it's the player. Novel concept. I wish him well and respect his maturity and self awareness.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Curious what the percentage of SEC players don’t land somewhere. They have to be higher Than general CFB IMO.

Probably so. This sounds like a good job for somebody named Hank. Shouldn't take but a few days to run the numbers. :)

On 2/10/2022 at 2:14 PM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Agree