Huddle with Hars

Randman5000

25 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I wouldn't say the worst based on wins/losses. He is easily the most frustrating and divisive coach we've ever had.

That's IT!

IMO the hatred for Gus is not there, he was too good of a man and always represented Auburn well for folks to actually hate or despise him.   For many years I had constant frustration with Gus, then the last 2-3 yrs of his tenure I was the worst fan imaginable because he made me become apathetic towards AU football.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

That's IT!

IMO the hatred for Gus is not there, he was too good of a man and always represented Auburn well for folks to actually hate or despise him.   For many years I had constant frustration with Gus, then the last 2-3 yrs of his tenure I was the worst fan imaginable because he made me become apathetic towards AU football.  

Same. He's a great person, which made me stay on the bus far too long. He just couldn't get out of his own way. That was also why I stayed on too long. It always seemed like he was a couple of fixes away from turning us into a power. Only after his firing did I realize that he really wasn't that close to fixing it. There were far too many issues for him to ever be consistent, mostly his ego and micromanaging. Oh well, I hope he does well at UCF. As everyone says, he's a great person

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

The latest episode with Cadillac Williams is the best episode in my opinion. Pretty amazing. Hars really appreciates his contribution to Auburn. Pretty inspiring.

I like the connection between Hars and Caddy with Al Borgis.

Agree- the episode with Caddy is fantastic.

I remember he was graded highly prior to deciding to come back for the 04 season, but I did not know about him getting a 1st round grade back.

His overall story is great.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JerryAU said:

That's IT!

I hate what he did to the program.  I have a strong dislike for his lack of self-awareness regrading offensive philosophy.  Otherwise, I met him once at a camp in Auburn. Nice guy.

So in episode 2 with schmedding he was talking about Cooper Kupp and how he is/was an unbelievably hard worker. That he would practice hours catching tennis balls to improve himself. Schmedding  didn't explain what that did so I looked it up only to see a Julio Jones video with text saying it is an exercise in how to use your fingers to catch the ball instead of letting it get to your palms. I remember it being brought up before that either you could catch or you couldn't and no coach could make that better. It didn't sound correct to me so it just kinda stuck in my head. Nothing I cared to research as it wasn't important enough to me at the time. Seems though, maybe that isn't the case.

Thanks for posting a link to the podcasts.

Edited by AU80cruiser
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I remember it being brought up before that either you could catch or you couldn't and no coach could make that better.

I kind of believe this. It’s like accuracy, you either got it or you don’t. You can practice it all you want and maybe you’ll see minimal improvement but if you can’t catch then you can’t catch. Look at Sammie Coates, I’m sure he worked his ass off trying to be a better pass catcher and it didn’t work.

I’m sure Kupp is a hard worker but he was always a great player and pass catcher. He set records in high school, college, and now the NFL

30 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I kind of believe this. It’s like accuracy, you either got it or you don’t. You can practice it all you want and maybe you’ll see minimal improvement but if you can’t catch then you can’t catch. Look at Sammie Coates, I’m sure he worked his ass off trying to be a better pass catcher and it didn’t work.

I’m sure Kupp is a hard worker but he was always a great player and pass catcher. He set records in high school, college, and now the NFL

Im certainly not going to disagree with you about every receiver has a ceiling because I believe that is true as well. However I think the proper coaching and personal drive can help one break through their ceiling if only just slightly above which could help make a few more plays and change overall perception of said player. Its how the best ever separate themselves from the rest.

• 1 month later...