Jump to content
Null

Zach C putting in work


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The point is that Kiesau found Rodgers when nobody else did. Which speaks to his eye for QB talent. The implication is he sees similarities between Rodgers and Calzada. When Kiesau was talking with Harsin he mentioned how hard Rodgers worked on his game which is why with the arm talent and the work ethic he became really good. Apparently similar arm talent time will tell if Calzada has the same work ethic and will improve like Rogers did.

And this is called an anomaly. I hate when posters AMPLIFY anomalies. A-Rod has by far exceeded expectations and that does not speak to solely Kiesau ability but A-Rod's talent and work ethic. I want to see a consistent method of such work. Do you have references of other QBs to reinforce the idea that he has an eye for QB talent? And no I am not downing Coach Kiesau. I think he has a high football acumen. 

 

Also I am sure it was a team approach in the finding and recruitment of A-Rod to California

https://web.archive.org/web/20191205183533/https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2004-11-11-0411110322-story.html

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/aaron-rodgers-on-tedford
 

I know A-rod has referenced coach Tedford more than one time since his professional days. Let's not give all the credit to Eric without reputable sources .

Edited by DAG
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites





7 hours ago, DAG said:

And this is called an anomaly. I hate when posters AMPLIFY anomalies. A-Rod has by far exceeded expectations and that does not speak to solely Kiesau ability but A-Rod's talent and work ethic. I want to see a consistent method of such work. Do you have references of other QBs to reinforce the idea that he has an eye for QB talent? And no I am not downing Coach Kiesau. I think he has a high football acumen. 

 

Also I am sure it was a team approach in the finding and recruitment of A-Rod to California

https://web.archive.org/web/20191205183533/https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2004-11-11-0411110322-story.html

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/aaron-rodgers-on-tedford
 

I know A-rod has referenced coach Tedford more than one time since his professional days. Let's not give all the credit to Eric without reputable sources .

You know, this is why I was slow to bring up the Rodgers connection. My contact brought it up that Kiesau had coached Rodgers (much as I understand why he's called it, I can't see A-Rod and not think of Alex Rodriguez), so I googled it and saw he'd been the WR coach, and then I went back and told him that's not enough, that there has to be some kind of legitimate connection to him. He came back with that story, which I can't imagine being untrue under the circumstances.

The fact that he's the one who discovered him gives at least some indication that he's got an eye for talent. I was pretty explicit about insisting that this isn't suggesting that ZC is on the same level as Rodgers, only that there's a connection there, and that maybe he has something like that kind of potential.

But seriously, what are we supposed to do all summer? Sit around and be morose about how the primary athletics program at Auburn is down? I'm sharing things that I think might cheer people up some, get some positive energy going into the season. It's not a matter of Kiesau having been the one to develop Rodgers, because that's pretty obviously not what happened.

He does, however, have the legitimate claim of discovering a future HOFer when no one else was on him, so maybe he knows what to look for in a signal caller? The staff is who made the comparison between ZC and AR with regard to arm strength (which is obviously not *all* of Rodgers' game, but a critical element in it nevertheless), not me, and that was before it was explained to me why at least one member of the staff might have an idea about whether or not they compare favorably.

So again, I'm not saying get ready for the second coming of Aaron Rodgers, I'm just saying that there might be a little magic in Calzada's arm, after all.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

You know, this is why I was slow to bring up the Rodgers connection. My contact brought it up that Kiesau had coached Rodgers (much as I understand why he's called it, I can't see A-Rod and not think of Alex Rodriguez), so I googled it and saw he'd been the WR coach, and then I went back and told him that's not enough, that there has to be some kind of legitimate connection to him. He came back with that story, which I can't imagine being untrue under the circumstances.

The fact that he's the one who discovered him gives at least some indication that he's got an eye for talent. I was pretty explicit about insisting that this isn't suggesting that ZC is on the same level as Rodgers, only that there's a connection there, and that maybe he has something like that kind of potential.

But seriously, what are we supposed to do all summer? Sit around and be morose about how the primary athletics program at Auburn is down? I'm sharing things that I think might cheer people up some, get some positive energy going into the season. It's not a matter of Kiesau having been the one to develop Rodgers, because that's pretty obviously not what happened.

He does, however, have the legitimate claim of discovering a future HOFer when no one else was on him, so maybe he knows what to look for in a signal caller? The staff is who made the comparison between ZC and AR with regard to arm strength (which is obviously not *all* of Rodgers' game, but a critical element in it nevertheless), not me, and that was before it was explained to me why at least one member of the staff might have an idea about whether or not they compare favorably.

So again, I'm not saying get ready for the second coming of Aaron Rodgers, I'm just saying that there might be a little magic in Calzada's arm, after all.

He doesn’t have a legitimate claim. He has a guy off of twitter saying it. And even if he did have a legitimate claim that is one guy in the last 15 years lol. To say he has an eye for QB talent based on one data point is ridiculous at best. You guys want to argue subjective opinion against objectivity. Coach might be able to get Calzada to play like A-rod, he might not. That is straight off of my opinion. But the naysayers absolutely have a case in rebuff such an opinion is my point. Does that mean you have to not talk about it because someone says I need to see more data points based off of the claim that CEK has an eye for talent at the QB position ? No.

Guys it’s totally okay for everyone not to agree with you without going through the exaggerations that we are all down on the program. I might be the biggest CBH supporter and even I found that claim to be a little bit of a major stretch without any significant multiple data points.

So I will pose the same question to you. If you truly feel that he has an eye for the QB position , can you name other successful QBs that he has found besides the debates A-rod? 
 

Additionally, can you cite any source saying CEK found A-Rod? 

 

Edited by DAG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

He doesn’t have a legitimate claim. He has a guy off of twitter saying it. And even if he did have a legitimate claim that is one guy in the last 15 years lol. To say he has an eye for QB talent based on one data point is ridiculous at best. You guys want to argue subjective opinion against objectivity. Coach might be able to get Calzada to play like A-rod, he might not. That is straight off of my opinion. But the naysayers absolutely have a case in rebuff such an opinion is my point. Does that mean you have to not talk about it because someone says I need to see more data points based off of the claim that CEK has an eye for talent at the QB position ? No.

Guys it’s totally okay for everyone not to agree with you without going through the exaggerations that we are all down on the program. I might be the biggest CBH supporter and even I found that claim to be a little bit of a major stretch without any significant multiple data points.

So I will pose the same question to you. If you truly feel that he has an eye for the QB position , can you name other successful QBs that he has found besides the debates A-rod? 
 

Additionally, can you cite any source saying CEK found A-Rod? 

 

Not Rednilla, but I recall that subject being discussed on CBH's new podcast....the 1st episode I believe.  CEK was his guest and they dove extensively into his connections in the past, leadership, his route to AU, etc.  I won't swear that it talked of CEK "discovering" Rodgers, but AR's name was definitely brought up and discussed at length.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jeff Tedford - the HC at Cal at the time of Aaron Rodgers, is the "mastermind" of his success. Kiesau was the WR coach, and even if he did "spot" Rodgers on a recruiting trip, he most certainly did not develop him. Furthermore, Tedford would have been the one who would have made the final call as to whether they would recruit him or not as he is an OC/QB coach by trade and most certainly would not defer to his WR coach on a QB's evaluation.

This is kind of like how Curtis Luper "found" Cam Newton at Blinn College while he was there recruiting a WR. Curtis Luper obviously isn't a QB guru because of that.

Jeff Tedford coached Trent Dilfer and David Carr at Fresno State. He coached Akili Smith and Joey Harrington at Oregon. And he coached Kyle Boller and Aaron Rodgers at Cal.

Tedford's NFL Draft success with QB's is pretty freakish. Carr was drafted 1st overall, Akili Smith and Harrington were drafted 3rd overall, Boler was drafted 19th overall, and Rodgers was drafted 24th overall. Most of those guys were NFL busts, but during that run from the late 90's to early 2000's Tedford was viewed as the premier QB Guru in the college ranks.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, DAG said:

He doesn’t have a legitimate claim. He has a guy off of twitter saying it. And even if he did have a legitimate claim that is one guy in the last 15 years lol. To say he has an eye for QB talent based on one data point is ridiculous at best. You guys want to argue subjective opinion against objectivity. Coach might be able to get Calzada to play like A-rod, he might not. That is straight off of my opinion. But the naysayers absolutely have a case in rebuff such an opinion is my point. Does that mean you have to not talk about it because someone says I need to see more data points based off of the claim that CEK has an eye for talent at the QB position ? No.

Guys it’s totally okay for everyone not to agree with you without going through the exaggerations that we are all down on the program. I might be the biggest CBH supporter and even I found that claim to be a little bit of a major stretch without any significant multiple data points.

So I will pose the same question to you. If you truly feel that he has an eye for the QB position , can you name other successful QBs that he has found besides the debates A-rod? 
 

Additionally, can you cite any source saying CEK found A-Rod? 

 

As to the source it was from Kiesau himself when he was doing the Harsin Talk.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zach is essentially a less a**hole version of Aaron Rodgers.  His family actually loves him and he'll pass for 5,600 yards on the plains this fall.

If you disagree you hate Auburn.  Period.

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

As to the source it was from Kiesau himself when he was doing the Harsin Talk.

Thank you

Thats all I was wondering.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, metafour said:

Jeff Tedford - the HC at Cal at the time of Aaron Rodgers, is the "mastermind" of his success. Kiesau was the WR coach, and even if he did "spot" Rodgers on a recruiting trip, he most certainly did not develop him. Furthermore, Tedford would have been the one who would have made the final call as to whether they would recruit him or not as he is an OC/QB coach by trade and most certainly would not defer to his WR coach on a QB's evaluation.

This is kind of like how Curtis Luper "found" Cam Newton at Blinn College while he was there recruiting a WR. Curtis Luper obviously isn't a QB guru because of that.

Jeff Tedford coached Trent Dilfer and David Carr at Fresno State. He coached Akili Smith and Joey Harrington at Oregon. And he coached Kyle Boller and Aaron Rodgers at Cal.

Tedford's NFL Draft success with QB's is pretty freakish. Carr was drafted 1st overall, Akili Smith and Harrington were drafted 3rd overall, Boler was drafted 19th overall, and Rodgers was drafted 24th overall. Most of those guys were NFL busts, but during that run from the late 90's to early 2000's Tedford was viewed as the premier QB Guru in the college ranks.

That’s the data I am talking about . Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Additionally, can you cite any source saying CEK found A-Rod? 

 

No, my source has requested anonymity, though I did tell @RunInRed about the contact way back last year when it was initially made, but he's part of the football staff. You can ask @bigbird if he's gotten around to calling the number I was asked to pass along recently, since BB has connections in Texas high school coaching. That would back up the claim that it came from the staff, I suppose.

Of course, if I'm being objective, the fact that it came from the staff is not the same as a citation that you can take with you elsewhere to show that it did happen...and, quite frankly, I wasn't there, and this is just a story I was told a day or two ago, so I can't really vouch for it being more than propaganda put out by a coaching staff that wants the fan base to respect them.

So take it as you will. Maybe Kiesau really does have an eye for QB talent. Or maybe AR was having the kind of day that any idiot would say, "Hey, he looks good, too!" Supposedly Kiesau was the main recruiter for the entire recruitment, so you might be able to look that up on one of the recruiting sites, I guess, but I don't know if they kept up with such things that far back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

No, my source has requested anonymity, though I did tell @RunInRed about the contact way back last year when it was initially made, but he's part of the football staff. You can ask @bigbird if he's gotten around to calling the number I was asked to pass along recently, since BB has connections in Texas high school coaching. That would back up the claim that it came from the staff, I suppose.

Of course, if I'm being objective, the fact that it came from the staff is not the same as a citation that you can take with you elsewhere to show that it did happen...and, quite frankly, I wasn't there, and this is just a story I was told a day or two ago, so I can't really vouch for it being more than propaganda put out by a coaching staff that wants the fan base to respect them.

So take it as you will. Maybe Kiesau really does have an eye for QB talent. Or maybe AR was having the kind of day that any idiot would say, "Hey, he looks good, too!" Supposedly Kiesau was the main recruiter for the entire recruitment, so you might be able to look that up on one of the recruiting sites, I guess, but I don't know if they kept up with such things that far back. 

A-rod is a red herring . I am looking for a track record which is what my initial post was implying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

A-rod is a red herring . I am looking for a track record which is what my initial post was implying.

Well, he's not been a QB coach, so he doesn't normally go out recruiting QBs, but he's done a pretty good job of putting receivers into the NFL. He recruited and coached Desean Jackson and Chase Lymon at Cal, and then at Boise he brought in Cedrick Wilson and Khalil Shakir. Had a few receivers he recruited to Colorado get drafted, too.

Of course, none of this gives him a track record with QBs, so it's not exactly what you're looking for, but it at least gives some indication that he knows talent.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Zach is essentially a less a**hole version of Aaron Rodgers.  His family actually loves him and he'll pass for 5,600 yards on the plains this fall.

If you disagree you hate Auburn.  Period.

Eh, let me know if any members of Zach's family appears on The Bachelor.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DAG said:

A-rod is a red herring . I am looking for a track record which is what my initial post was implying.

I am the one that said he had an eye for QB talent based only on the Harsin Talk where Kiesau talked about going to see a different player but came away loving Rogers and so told his head coach about him. I understand what you are saying about this could be an anomaly and was a one time thing. Since he was a WR coach and not a QB coach at that time and was not directly involved in training Rogers. I do not know of any other QB's he scouted and signed or got recommended for one of the teams he coached to sign.  Maybe there were other good ones maybe not so your point is well taken.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good points in here. Keys is definitely more of a receivers coach, and has been his whole career. This concerned me when he was switched to QB's to make room for Ike, but it is what it is, and I think he's worked with QB's in the past. We are going to have to hope that Harsin takes on a very heavy hand in scouting, recruiting, and developing QB's

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Can we stop referring to Aaron Rodgers as A-Rod?  

Literally no one calls him that.

He is literally called that throughout the state of Wisconsin. He is also called Karen Rodgers and hippie rodgers. It is meant as a play on him being a diva E.G. the baseball player A-Rod.  Surprisingly there are people who do live passed the Dixie line haha.

source?

- Your fellow Wisconsinite 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

He is literally called that throughout the state of Wisconsin. He is also called Karen Rogers and hippie rogers. It is meant as a play on him being a diva E.G. the baseball play A-Rod. 
 

- Your fellow Wisconsinite 

Karen Rogers...that's pretty good!

I still don't like calling him A-Rod, however, even though I understand it with his name and all. I don't know about him being a diva, but that's just because I don't know, not because I'm disputing the claim. Wouldn't surprise me in the least...but I'd still rather not be reminded of the OG A-Rod. :laugh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Karen Rogers...that's pretty good!

I still don't like calling him A-Rod, however, even though I understand it with his name and all. I don't know about him being a diva, but that's just because I don't know, not because I'm disputing the claim. Wouldn't surprise me in the least...but I'd still rather not be reminded of the OG A-Rod. :laugh:

Majority of the people hate him up here. I always say be careful what you wish for but I also hate the packers so I have no problem calling him that lol. He isn’t as blue collar as Brett Favre to them at least.

 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

He is literally called that throughout the state of Wisconsin. He is also called Karen Rodgers and hippie rodgers. It is meant as a play on him being a diva E.G. the baseball player A-Rod.  Surprisingly there are people who do live passed the Dixie line haha.

source?

- Your fellow Wisconsinite 

Yeah, but you probably say it with a weird accent so point stand 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Majority of the people hate him up here. I always say be careful what you wish for but I also hate the packers so I have no problem calling him that lol. He isn’t as blue collar as Brett Favre. 

Yeah, I don't know much about Karen, but I *do* know a little about Brett Favre, and he's just a country boy like any other I grew up with in my hometown of Slapout...except, you know, for that cannon on his right shoulder. I always liked him. My dad didn't like him too much because he beat Auburn while at Southern Miss, but he did respect him a great deal.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Discount Double Check Rodgers’s was funny IMO. When the pro bowl was here kids would do the double check thing to him and he did it back jokingly.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah, but you probably say it with a weird accent so point stand 😉

Lmao! I get what your saying though. You were probably like “why the hell is this person calling him that.” He is called much worse . The antithesis of Giannis. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a fanbase hate a HOF caliber QB as much as him.
 

I saw a stat that local media posted about him being too 3 in most TDS throw with the least interception in at least 10 or more playoff games. Something to that extent . I was thinking “wow that’s pretty dang good.”

Majority of the comments was bashing him for playing for stats. Most saying give them a QB like Favre who lays it all on the line. Accusing him of having favorites with certain WRs, etc. It is funny stuff . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Lmao! I get what your saying though. You were probably like “why the hell is this person calling him that.” He is called much worse . The antithesis of Giannis. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a fanbase hate a HOF caliber QB as much as him.
 

I saw a stat that local media posted about him being too 3 in most TDS throw with the least interception in at least 10 or more playoff games. Something to that extent . I was thinking “wow that’s pretty dang good.”

Majority of the comments was bashing him for playing for stats. Most saying give them a QB like Favre who lays it all on the line. Accusing him of having favorites with certain WRs, etc. It is funny stuff . 

I've never heard him called A Rod.  Maybe it is just a mostly Wisconsin only thing??

I'm well verse in how terrible he is. 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...