SEC Football 2022 Predictions

aubiefifty

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

Finley is in a whole different class as far as throwing a ball.

I'm not sure about this right now. TJ has a strong arm, but as a QB doing QB things, he's notch better completing passes and really struggled with shorter easier throws.

Even in the bowl game with more reps, getting healthy, poor opponent, he missed easy deep passes and a lot of shorter stuff.

I'm still bullish on him long term

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Cole, I'm really not understanding your point. I've said numerous times that I was critical of BO at times and thought TJ should have been given a chance last year. There may be some who thought BO was a golden child. I'm not one of them. He did some good , some bad. Ive saw you post numerous times that people were called out for being critical of BO. I never was and havent seen examples where anyone else was, at least not in an over the top way. In my book, TJ will receive the same consideration as   BO. All the QBS will as far as I'm concerned.  They are ALL open to fair criticism,  not personal attacks like saying they suck or are hated, but fair criticism.  Would u agree?

What point are you not understanding? What am I saying that's confusing? You have been side arguing with me since my first post. But why?

If you posted criticism of Bo and nothing happened to you that's awesome. I'm glad that you didn't have to deal with that, but that doesn't change the fact of anything I said.  I haven't called you or implied to you that you are lying. I don't understand why you are making it personal or why you want to argue about it. I'm not creating a narrative I'm telling you what happened around here when you weren't posting. I haven't once said you can't criticize tj so I don't know why you said that. 

You started your little jabs about the expert stuff and I didn't even reply, I ignored it. You started acting like a couple of those other guys. I'm not with that type stuff. If you want to be cool we can be as I have no problems with you, but be real you have been acting a particular way and then asking what's the problem. If you chill with the extra stuff we can talk and disagree and still be cool. I have no problem that. 

And I've stated many many times even just a few posts recently, of course criticism is open game. I feel that's the point of a forum, praise and criticism. I have no problem at all. I would be a hypocrite to have a problem with that when I myself offer criticism to different players and coaches all the time.

9 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I fully agree with this entire post. The pass pro from our OL last year was pretty decent actually. Often times Bo would bail early and make it appear as if there was pressure when there really wasn't because he didn't know how to step up in the pocket. 

I also fully agree ZC is better than Bo throwing for sure and I think better period. I think ZC has the most potential on the team from what I have seen. I am still looking forward to seeing how TJ progresses and I hope he does and he and ZC push each other to the max. 

There were a couple games where if the QB made the simple pass, it surely could’ve turned momentum. If ZC is mildly competent at the QB position , I can’t see why we couldn’t get that 8 win threshold 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What point are you not understanding? What am I saying that's confusing? You have been side arguing with me since my first post. But why?

If you posted criticism of Bo and nothing happened to you that's awesome. I'm glad that you didn't have to deal with that, but that doesn't change the fact of anything I said.  I haven't called you or implied to you that you are lying. I don't understand why you are making it personal or why you want to argue about it. I'm not creating a narrative I'm telling you what happened around here when you weren't posting. I haven't once said you can't criticize tj so I don't know why you said that. 

You started your little jabs about the expert stuff and I didn't even reply, I ignored it. You started acting like a couple of those other guys. I'm not with that type stuff. If you want to be cool we can be as I have no problems with you, but be real you have been acting a particular way and then asking what's the problem. If you chill with the extra stuff we can talk and disagree and still be cool. I have no problem that. 

And I've stated many many times even just a few posts recently, of course criticism is open game. I feel that's the point of a forum, praise and criticism. I have no problem at all. I would be a hypocrite to have a problem with that when I myself offer criticism to different players and coaches all the time.

Fair enuf

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

There were a couple games where if the QB made the simple pass, it surely could’ve turned momentum. If ZC is mildly competent at the QB position , I can’t see why we couldn’t get that 8 win threshold 

Completely agree. Bowl game I'm pretty sure we missed multiple wide open intermediate passes that would have gone for 6. I'm sure there more from earlier in the year. PSU had one.

ZC just needs to avoid drive killers and missing a lot of shorter passes whichever seemed to plague him last year. I saw Harsin start to fix Bo, I believe he can do the same to ZC, whom has much better arm talent 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The problem with this is you are dead solid wrong. Bo Nix showed a lot of promise. He had a huge hand in not only the Oregon win but in the Iron Bowl win his freshman year. If you don't think so, just watch the final five minutes of the '19 Iron Bowl.

Bo Nix showed enough promise to be voted SEC Freshman of the Year. Which of our current QB's has shown the slightest indication that he could win such games or earn such honers? I'll answer for you: None.

Here's a question for you though: Sean White is gone. Basketball's Justin Powell is gone. Bo Nix is gone. Who ya' gonna' pick to hate on in the future? Geriner? Calzada? Lior Berman? Your possible choices are obvious.

This is just how pathetic your posts are now lol. The fact that you try to keep up with who I criticize is hilarious. But since you are trying do this tell me what I said about any of the players that was wrong. Because if I said something and then what was said actually was proven to be correct you would have to be pretty stupid to have a problem with it right? 

Now if I was like you and hated on Malik Willis because of my loyalty for Bo and said he needed to be moved to wr or running back......now that would look pretty dumb and may be something to be brought up

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, au302 said:

Nix's floor is worse than any power 5 QB in the conference. No argument there. But when he was on, which wasn't often, he was average. TJ's floor isn't as low (nobody's is). He'll take care of the ball. But his "best" is still below average. Just don't see it with him like you do, even though I agree he's got a lot of potential. All of this debate will be decided one way or another come fall camp during media viewing. Interested to see if TJ still takes first string reps. Not holding my breath on it

I don't get what you mean as far as don't see him like you do. I don't know what to think of tj. The only thing I'm doing that it seems many aren't is looking at how he didn't have an entire summer to learn the offense and he didn't get many reps and he was thrown out and judged as if he had an optimal opportunity. 

With Bo every time he had a bad game it was the o line or coach or whoever, when tj played with the same team no excuses all of a sudden. But it was enough to come to a conclusion that he can't be good. That's BS. 

I'll judge him for what he does now but he'll get the same opportunity as Bo did. I remember Bo came out one game against a suck team like Akron or something like that and everybody was like give him an opportunity to make a mistake he'll get better. Well TJ played against bammer on one leg. He didn't get to get a run of 3 or 4 mediocre teams to get a rhythm and get settled in. He didn't have a chance to get a chemistry with the wr's and all of that. Maybe he'll get better, maybe he won't but he hasn't done anything Bo didn't do and people believed in him his entire career

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not sure about this right now. TJ has a strong arm, but as a QB doing QB things, he's notch better completing passes and really struggled with shorter easier throws.

Even in the bowl game with more reps, getting healthy, poor opponent, he missed easy deep passes and a lot of shorter stuff.

I'm still bullish on him long term

I've seen him make throws that Bo couldn't make. I haven't seen that vice versa. As far as the season he wasn't fully healthy the team had all that inner turmoil I'm just not really putting much stock in that. All I know now he has competition and he'll either have to show that he can be consistent or somebody else will play. I'm cool with that.

22 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Fair enuf

That's all I'm saying. Go off of your own interactions with me, I think we've agreed some and disagreed some but I don't think there's been any lack of respect and as you can see I actually started a dialogue to see if we could talk and come to common ground.

Most of the people that carry a problem with me is because they are upset that I disagreed with them before at some time. I don't have a problem disagreeing and don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me but with some people if you disagree it's personal

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's all I'm saying. Go off of your own interactions with me, I think we've agreed some and disagreed some but I don't think there's been any lack of respect and as you can see I actually started a dialogue to see if we could talk and come to common ground.

Most of the people that carry a problem with me is because they are upset that I disagreed with them before at some time. I don't have a problem disagreeing and don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me but with some people if you disagree it's personal

Valid points. Thanks for the post

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I've seen him make throws that Bo couldn't make. I haven't seen that vice versa. As far as the season he wasn't fully healthy the team had all that inner turmoil I'm just not really putting much stock in that. All I know now he has competition and he'll either have to show that he can be consistent or somebody else will play. I'm cool with that.

Don't disagree on throws. I think youre right on a lot regarding TJ. The TD to King in the IB was great and needed real velocity to do it. Probably the GA State game too.

Problem right now is his highs are few and far between and his lows are way way too often....this is vs even caliber oe worse teams.  Houston being one.

(Stephen A Smith) BUT I've see him miss dozen simple throws that Bo can make. -5 to 15 is pretty good for Bo. Doesn't make him elite, bur a dink and dunker can at least be serviceable. Him healthy and we're probably 9-4 (can't buy him being good vs Bama)...but that's his ceiling .

TJ has a higher ceiling, no doubt. But he just isn't good right now. I thought he looked better in the spring, but still jot sure he's ready. He was healthy in the Bowl game and missed a lot of easy throws that should have won us the game.

This isn't a Bo vs TJ argument for me, I know others are doing it. Bo was bad a lot last year. Vs all top teams he wasn't good. TJ was also mostly bad.

I think ZC is our QB this year. I think he destroys any single season stats Bo has had and hopefully everyone can stop talki.g about him

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yep. This whole obsession with Bo Nix is baffling. I get it he was polarizing and had his ups and downs but geeze, he is gone. It's best for both parties. The way some of these folks post on here, you would think that Bo stole their milk money in elementary school. 

The obsession I see is with people defending him. Others on here just state their opinion like @W.E.D where he says I just think the QB room is improved over where it was last year or @cole256 just pointing out that people comparing where TJ is in his career after starting less than 10 games to where Bo was as a third year start with 20+ games started is a bit disingenuous.

Then the Bo defenders freak out and derail a thread for 5 pages

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

@Rednilla And @cole256 you guys are some of the more objective posters on here who actually know their stuff when it comes to the game and scheme. From an outsiders perspective yall have both made good points on Bo.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

There is a narrative trying to be set by some... They want no criticism of TJ this year as they opine that there was no criticism of  BO allowed last year or if there was criticism they were labeled a BO hater. I saw and posted plenty of fair criticism of BO and never recall any perceived backlash for it.

Who here is pushing that narrative?

3 hours ago, au302 said:

Nix's floor is worse than any power 5 QB in the conference. No argument there. But when he was on, which wasn't often, he was average. TJ's floor isn't as low (nobody's is). He'll take care of the ball. But his "best" is still below average. Just don't see it with him like you do, even though I agree he's got a lot of potential. All of this debate will be decided one way or another come fall camp during media viewing. Interested to see if TJ still takes first string reps. Not holding my breath on it

TJ's ceiling is directly related to two things that affect it inversely right now: arm talent and decision making/consistency.

Arm talent keeps his ceiling fairly high but decision making/consistency bring it down a fair notch , imo.

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Completely agree. Bowl game I'm pretty sure we missed multiple wide open intermediate passes that would have gone for 6. I'm sure there more from earlier in the year. PSU had one.

ZC just needs to avoid drive killers and missing a lot of shorter passes whichever seemed to plague him last year. I saw Harsin start to fix Bo, I believe he can do the same to ZC, whom has much better arm talent 

That's why I'm so high [heh] on harsin. I actually saw a QB get developed and play better in Bo last season.  He still had a long way to go but Harsin was getting some improvement in his mechanics that had not been happening before. That paired with his offensive scheme has always excited me.

The game revolves around a strong QB, a coach that can develop and have a QB playing well in a pro-style system is a recipe for success.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Didba said:

Who here is pushing that narrative?

That was my mistake for phrasing it that way. Whoever wins the job will have to endure some criticism.  I'm cool with that as long as the criticism is performance related and it doesn't turn into personal attacks

• Love 1

47 minutes ago, Didba said:

@Rednilla And @cole256 you guys are some of the more objective posters on here who actually know their stuff when it comes to the game and scheme. From an outsiders perspective yall have both made good points on Bo.

Be careful, Cole is liable to come after you for daring to suggest that I could be somewhere close to the same level of knowledge about sports matters as him.

1 hour ago, Didba said:

That's why I'm so high [heh] on harsin. I actually saw a QB get developed and play better in Bo last season.  He still had a long way to go but Harsin was getting some improvement in his mechanics that had not been happening before. That paired with his offensive scheme has always excited me.

The game revolves around a strong QB, a coach that can develop and have a QB playing well in a pro-style system is a recipe for success.

Agree.  Hopefully it leans some Harins than being all Bobo. Bo's last 4 games were the best stretch of his career. 3/4 games over 70% comp. Had a couple good down field throws.

I hope Zack doesn't have as a rocky of a start as Bo did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Be careful, Cole is liable to come after you for daring to suggest that I could be somewhere close to the same level of knowledge about sports matters as him.

Oh you aren't. He didn't suggest that but of course you took what you did from it. The way your insecurities bleed on a forum. I wish somebody would tell you they looked up to you or whatever it is that you need so you could move on with your life. 

I just really liked it more when we didn't speak to each other. I ignore you but every time I look up you are posting something like this. I'll help you out keep writing those paragraphs on Bo and that will get you at least 2 friends. Stop trying to tell jokes though, they are trash

Edited by cole256
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Agree.  Hopefully it leans some Harins than being all Bobo. Bo's last 4 games were the best stretch of his career. 3/4 games over 70% comp. Had a couple good down field throws.

I hope Zack doesn't have as a rocky of a start as Bo did.

Exactly. So all I'm saying is we watched Bo be mediocre but everybody still was thinking with a real coach Bo could improve when we hired Harsin even though for two years you could count on one hand how many downfield throws he completed. Still we hoped. So if those people could do that for Bo after watching two mediocre years then they could hope for these guys too. They watched Bo for years but see tj for 2 games that he was thrown in and watched zc a few games at another school and we're in trouble? Nah that's b.s. 

If you don't give up on a QB that didn't throw a td pass for 2 years in the sec, you can hold faith from what you saw last year. That's my opinion.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Exactly. So all I'm saying is we watched Bo be mediocre but everybody still was thinking with a real coach Bo could improve when we hired Harsin even though for two years you could count on one hand how many downfield throws he completed. Still we hoped. So if those people could do that for Bo after watching two mediocre years then they could hope for these guys too. They watched Bo for years but see tj for 2 games that he was thrown in and watched zc a few games at another school and we're in trouble? Nah that's b.s. 

If you don't give up on a QB that didn't throw a td pass for 2 years in the sec, you can hold faith from what you saw last year. That's my opinion.

100% agree. I don't get the ppl that 100% give up on a 1st year player that clearly has talent. Especially when they were confident in others developing 

Edited by W.E.D

Well since everyone has made their predictions :-\ as always another Bo sucks or Bo's wonderful. Like I've suggestion someone just start a thread " Bo sucks or Bo's wonderful" it would be much easier on everyone.

Time to move on again!!

• Thanks 1