Big Cat Recruiting Weekend

toddc

• Like 1

I do not see a need in listing those not attending. Let's support those that are coming.

They got Hughley to commit to coming. Huge, huge, huge. Not gonna get too excited until he makes it on campus without the car breaking down, lol. But man I'm hoping that we can somehow pull him, despite how unlikely it is 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mdg929 said:

I do not see a need in listing those not attending. 

It answers the question before someone inevitably asks it. Todd is conveying what he knows. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, toddc said:
  • Starting to hear names so I thought it deserved a thread!
  • Might be the biggest weekend of CBH’s career and needs to show dividends quickly.
This is a running list that we'll continue to update (almost daily).

These are only the guys with whom we have communicated so far. Obviously, many more names will be added in the coming weeks.

When we get new intel, we will update this list as well as make a separate post to inform you of the news.

We will list recruits in one of three groups: Attending, Might Attend and Not Attending.

* CLASS OF 2023 *

Attending

4-star RB Jeremiah Cobb (AU)
4-star WR Karmello English (AU)
4-star DB Terrance Love (AU)
4-star DL Derick Hunter
3-star IOL Bradyn Joiner (AU)
3-star OT Jatavius Shivers
3-star OT Gernorris Wilson

Might Attend
4-star OT Kelton Smith
4-star LB Jaiden Ausberry
4-star OT Bo Hughley (UGA)
4-star TE Jelani Thurman
3-star DT Joshua Horton
3-star LB Marcellius Pulliam

Not attending
5-star edge Qua Russaw (visiting Florida)
5-star DL James Smith (visiting Florida)
4-star LB Lewis Carter (visiting Florida)
4-star edge Wilky Denaud (fall camp starting)

* CLASS OF 2024 *

Attending

4-star RB J'Marion Burnette
4-star DB A'mon Lane
4-star edge Sterling Dixon
4-star QB Air Noland
4-star DL Jeremiah Beaman
4-star DB Jayden Lewis

Good stuff Todd.

Just to answer some FAQs for other posters:

1. When is Big Cat Weekend (BCW)?

The last weekend in July.

2. Why is Big Cat Weekend so late?

The options were A) hold our major event the same time as Bama/UGA/Clemson or B ) hold it during a time where a lot of recruits had Official Visits (OVs) planned C) hold it this last weekend in July and compete with Florida for prospects. Also, it's the first chance after the dead period (a time where no in-person contact can occur).

3. Why aren't there more names?

As Todd has told you, this is a running list. We aren't going to guess or assume anything. It is all determined by a reporter getting confirmation or a player outright stating they're coming on social media. Some players will not want it known they're coming and we won't hear their name until the day of or even after (Woodyard was one last year we didn't know about until a week or two later). Players committed elsewhere might not want their girlfriend knowing they're on a date with someone else.

4) Will we get any commitments during BCW?

It really just depends. A common misconception is that it's a bust if we don't get a few commitments during the event. Players have become way more patient these days and know how to play the game better to hide where they're going. I do expect at least one commitment during Big Cat Weekend or immediately afterwards. 

5) Who are some guys that might commit? 

3* DB JC Hart and 2024 4* QB Air Noland are two guys I'd watch. My three dark horse picks are 3* OT Jatavius Shivers, 3* OT Gernorris Wilson, and if he comes 3* DT Joshua Horton. Again, I only expect us to get one guy and these are just some names that come to mind. Former 4* DT from Texas A&M Derick Hunter is another possibility. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, mdg929 said:

I do not see a need in listing those not attending. Let's support those that are coming.

If you don’t think who’s not coming is very important then you haven’t been paying attention.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, toddc said:

If you don’t think who’s not coming is very important then you haven’t been paying attention.

Exactly just look at the only 5* on the list and both will be visiting UF so we have zero 5* atm visiting. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Exactly just look at the only 5* on the list and both will be visiting UF so we have zero 5* atm visiting. 

Those two did express they wish they could come but had already committed to Florida's event before being invited. I'm not too flustered about them considering they have and will continue to visit Auburn. They are a long shot anyways with Clemson/Bama/UGA being the leaders of the pack.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, toddc said:
  • Starting to hear names so I thought it deserved a thread!
  • Might be the biggest weekend of CBH’s career and needs to show dividends quickly.
This is a running list that we'll continue to update (almost daily).

These are only the guys with whom we have communicated so far. Obviously, many more names will be added in the coming weeks.

When we get new intel, we will update this list as well as make a separate post to inform you of the news.

We will list recruits in one of three groups: Attending, Might Attend and Not Attending.

* CLASS OF 2023 *

Attending

4-star RB Jeremiah Cobb (AU)
4-star WR Karmello English (AU)
4-star DB Terrance Love (AU)
4-star DL Derick Hunter
3-star IOL Bradyn Joiner (AU)
3-star OT Jatavius Shivers
3-star OT Gernorris Wilson

Might Attend
4-star OT Kelton Smith
4-star LB Jaiden Ausberry
4-star OT Bo Hughley (UGA)
4-star TE Jelani Thurman
3-star DT Joshua Horton
3-star LB Marcellius Pulliam

Not attending
4-star LB Lewis Carter (visiting Florida)
4-star edge Wilky Denaud (fall camp starting)

* CLASS OF 2024 *

Attending

4-star RB J'Marion Burnette
4-star DB A'mon Lane
4-star edge Sterling Dixon
4-star QB Air Noland
4-star DL Jeremiah Beaman
4-star DB Jayden Lewis

The list is very telling of how little interest there is in AU! No in-state high ranked prospects, not already committed.

It is important. Just thought the thread would be on a more positive note, if we concentrated on those coming. Thank you for your hard work.

• Like 6

@toddc

He just started playing football a year ago but is a fast riser. He'll be at BCW.

• Like 4

I'm expecting Noland to commit to us there or shortly after. Hope that helps with the Langston Hughes guys

Edited by Randman5000

This is a running list due to the On3 (source of todd's post) staff still reaching out to the known targets. There is a small window between end of dead period and the beginning of fall practices for these recruits so the date is what it is. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 10:36 AM, Zeek said:

Those two did express they wish they could come but had already committed to Florida's event before being invited. I'm not too flustered about them considering they have and will continue to visit Auburn. They are a long shot anyways with Clemson/Bama/UGA being the leaders of the pack.

They are long shots for sure but it would have been nice anyways. Not really quite a BCW if the biggest cats don’t come. 

Dukes' Scoops: New offensive tackle prospect to track, Big Cat Weekend visitors and more.

Jul 8, 6:21 PM

Dukes Scoops for 7/8

New Offensive Lineman to Track

Tyler Johnson, a 6'7 300lb 3-star offensive lineman from Natchitoches Central (LA,) was scheduled to make his commitment next Friday, July 15. Baylor seemed to be the frontrunner but as Auburn has began to recruit him harder Johnson has postponed his commitment. Johnson is a raw prospect with huge upside and has only been playing football for a year. His willingness to learn has helped him garner offers from Baylor, Missouri, and Texas Tech already. A source with knowledge told Auburn Undercover that Johnson has some similarities to former Auburn and NFL offensive tackle King Dunlap. Johnson, who has not been offered by Auburn yet will be at Big Cat Weekend and is hoping to land an offer that weekend or before then. I spoke with Johnson about how hard it can be playing a sport for the first time as a junior in high school and he responded "I'm built for it, it's just a challenge, it's only harder if you make it harder." Great attitude to have. 

Sponsored Content

growthmax.info

Langston Hughes update

I'm hearing 4-star offensive tackle and UGA commit Bo Hughley will be at Big Cat Weekend along with 4-star safety and Auburn commit Terrance Love. 2024 quarterback target Prentiss Noland will also be at Big Cat and there is some buzz in Atlanta that he could commit that weekend. 3-star defensive lineman Joshua Horton is leaning towards going to Florida that weekend at this point but has not ruled out Big Cat according to intel. 4-star tight end Jelani Thurman is leaning towards visiting Michigan State that weekend at the moment. Auburn is pushing hard for both Horton and Thurman to come to Big Cat but neither has committed to coming as of yet.

Tight end targets??

Let's say Auburn misses on Thurman, who would it take at tight end? Oddly enough two of the main tight end prospects you could see Auburn move on are both committed to the University of Miami. Three star tight end Jackson Carver of The Loomis Chaffee School (IN) and 3-star tight end Reid Mikeska of Bridgeland (TX,) are both in the 6'6 220-230lb range and are easy movers. Mikeska seems to be the better blocker of the two and Carver is a better route runner at this point. Miami has three tight ends committed right now and sources say Auburn would have major traction with either of the two if they chose to pursue.

Wide receiver board

Karmello English was the number one receiver on Auburn's board and staff is excited to get a commitment from the top receiver in the state of Alabama this cycle. I spoke with a source today that said Auburn plans to recruit English as if he isnt committed all the way until signing day. There is another receiver prospect that Auburn is really high on that I was asked to keep close to the vest at this time. He's a big bodied prospect, highly ranked, and is giving Auburn some traction. Not currently committed to a school at this time. I don't expect this prospect at Big Cat Weekend but they are looking at taking an official visit to Auburn this fall for the Penn State game according to a source. Auburn doesnt have to take two receivers this class based on numbers for other positions but if they do this will probably be the guy. As soon as I get clearance I will pass the name along to you guys.

Carter trending towards Oklahoma but still likes Auburn

40COMMENTS

Four-star linebacker Lewis Carter of has a great relationship with Auburn linebackers coach Christian Robinson and a source told Auburn Undercover that Robinson is the main reason Carter is still considering the Tigers. Robinson began recruiting Carter early his sophmore year and has Auburn in the middle of a dogfight with Oklahoma for Carter. Although Florida will be hosting Carter the weekend of Big Cat, sources tell Auburn Undercover that Oklahoma has done the best job of recruiting everyone around Carter, including defensive coordinator Ted Roof and head coach Brent Venables. Oklahoma's Barry Switzer led, third party NIL collective 1Oklahoma publicly announced that they would be providing between $40,000-$50,000 NIL opportunities for their football, basketball, and softball players with the ability to earn outside opportunities. The public acknowledgment of NIL opportunity has also boded well for the Sooners according to intel. The word is that Auburn can make up some ground on the Sooners by continuing to follow Robinson's lead, recruiting the Carter's as a family, and as Auburn's third party NIL collective begins to get active, you could see Auburn level the playing field. The source also said that Carter thought Auburn was his best official visit, and Auburn running backs coach Cadillac Williams did a great job teaming up with Robinson during the visit. Williams' knowledge of the Tampa area from his playing days as a member of the NFL's Buccaneers was a great talking point and the Carter's enjoyed their time with Williams as well. Right now it looks like Oklahoma, Auburn, UCF, North Carolina, then Florida for Carter's services. Let see if that changes after Carter visits.

Quick Hitters

• Ja'keem Jackson is a corner that Auburn likes alot but is a similar talent in terms of frame and skill set to Jarcorius Hart. Auburn would love to have both but one cornerback Auburn will be evaluating is Shelton Lewis of Stockbridge (GA.) Lewis recently decommited from Pittsburgh and is considered a UNC lean. Sources say some attention from Auburn could change that.
  • Josh Flowers of Baker (AL,) is another 2024 quarterback that Auburn is high on.
  • Linebackers Marcellius Pulliam of Sandy Creek (GA) and StanQuan Clarkof Killian (FL.) are pretty much the top uncommitted options at linebacker (outside of Carter, Jaiden Ausberry and Phil Picciotti) right now until the next time the board is re-evaluated.
  • Thanks 2

Hopes to be at Big Cat Weekend 

2024 linebacker 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@augolf1716 could you pin this for me bud? I don't have the ability to do that as of now.

Here is the current list from what Todd has shared and what I have seen for free on Twitter:

2023 Recruits Coming

• 4* RB Jeremiah Cobb - AU Commit
  • 4* WR Karmello English - AU Commit
  • 4* DB Terrance Love - AU Commit
  • 4* IOL Bradyn Joiner - AU Commit
  • 4* OT Bo Hughley - UGA Commit
  • 4* DL Derick Hunter (JuCo)
  • 4* DB Jaremiah Anglin
  • 3* IOL Vysen Lang 
  • 3* OT Jatavius Shivers
  • 3* OT Gernorris Wilson
  • 3* OT TJ Johnson
  • 3* DB Jacorious Hart 

2023 Maybes:

• 4* OT Kelton Smith
  • 4* TE Jelani Thurman (I doubt he'll come since he's expected to commit to MSU Sunday)
  • 4* LB Jaiden Ausberry 
  • 4* DB Ja'Keem Jackson (committing the 28th if it's not to Auburn one would think he doesn't make the trip)
  • 3* DL Joshua Horton
  • 3* LB Marcellius Pulliam

Not Attending:

• 5* ER Qua Russaw - visiting Florida's event
  • 5* James Smith - visiting Florida's event
  • 4* LB Lewis Carter - visiting Florida's event
  • 4* ER Wilky Denaud - fall camp starting

2024 Recruits Coming:

• 4* QB Prentiss "Air" Noland
  • 4* QB Adrian Posse
  • 4* DL Jeremiah Beaman 
  • 4* DB Jayden Lewis
  • 4* ER Sterling Dixon
  • 4* RB J'Marion Burnette
  • 4* DB A'Mon Lane

I think that there is a distinct possibility that Derick Hunter, Air Noland, and A'Mon Lane could commit during or soon after Big Cat Weekend. Joshua Horton and Jacorious Hart are also distinct possibilities IF they attend.

The 2024 list is really impressive already. We are still waiting to hear about more of these guys and their plans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• Like 3

Jaden Lewis 

• Like 1