2023 4* OL Bo Hughley || Flip Watch?!

Rednilla

It's been rumored for quite some time now, but I figured it would be good to go ahead and give him his own thread. The staff is pretty confident he's going to flip sooner rather than later.

• Rednilla changed the title to 2023 4* OL Bo Hughley || Flip Watch?!

6 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

FWIW, The mods on 247 dawgs seem to think they keep him. Can't wait to see that melt.

I hope it happens. I just passed that tidbit about the 247 UGA site, and my contact still feels strongly that he's going to flip today. The staff compares him to 4 time pro-bowler Ryan Clady.

• Like 1

I read the June 28 Dawgnation article.  The young man seemed somewhat locked in on UGA.  He said UGA felt like home.  He also said Kirby Smart was the difference.  But, he ended by saying the teams will not know for sure until signing day.   I would love to see him in O&B.

4 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I read the June 28 Dawgnation article.  The young man seemed somewhat locked in on UGA.  He said UGA felt like home.  He also said Kirby Smart was the difference.  But, he ended by saying the teams will not know for sure until signing day.   I would love to see him in O&B.

Honestly feel like he loves the attention 

• Like 2

Between the Nebraska edge and this guy I am frothing at the bit for more recruiting news. Yall know I'm more of a scheme guy so I don't spend alot of time on the recruiting forums but now that the bar exam is finished I have been trying to catch up on recruiting.

Hard to look forward to anything when the bar was looming over me like a dreaded serpent.

Hallelujah I can be excited about things again

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Didba said:

Between the Nebraska edge and this guy I am frothing at the bit for more recruiting news. Yall know I'm more of a scheme guy so I don't spend alot of time on the recruiting forums but now that the bar exam is finished I have been trying to catch up on recruiting.

Hard to look forward to anything when the bar was looming over me like a dreaded serpent.

Congrats on making it through! :cheers:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Didba said:

Explains the Harvey Birdman avatar.

Don't worry. Starting lineup rumors are just around the corner!

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

I hope it happens. I just passed that tidbit about the 247 UGA site, and my contact still feels strongly that he's going to flip today. The staff compares him to 4 time pro-bowler Ryan Clady.

Is he still in Auburn ?

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Is he still in Auburn ?

Haven't heard. What I was told was suggesting (I think) that Williams was sticking around until tomorrow, which is the reason for the uncertainty about whether his commitment will come today or tomorrow, but as long as Hughley isn't playing games with us, he's supposed to flip today.

Of course, the longer it goes, the more I wonder about him playing games, even if he does go ahead and pull the trigger for us.

He's left campus.  AU mods claim Auburn coaches hope he flips soon, feeling confident.  Doesn't seem like any have talked to him.  Bo did talk to UGA's 247 site and told them he's strong with is commitment to UGA.   So we have coaches feelings and a conflicting direct quote from him.

IDK what to think here.

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He's left campus.  AU mods claim Auburn coaches hope he flips soon, feeling confident.  Doesn't seem like any have talked to him.  Bo did talk to UGA's 247 site and told them he's strong with is commitment to UGA.   So we have coaches feelings and a conflicting direct quote from him.

IDK what to think here.

Think Jhalil Hurley 

• Like 3

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Think Jhalil Hurley 

Yeah.  Feel like it is too noisy and allowing the other school to adjust.  Think that happened with him, Bama got word and changed their play and kept him.

38 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah.  Feel like it is too noisy and allowing the other school to adjust.  Think that happened with him, Bama got word and changed their play and kept him.

Someone will have to remind me of a time when this worked out in Auburn’s favor

• Like 7

In these situations, it's best to just let it play out. The problem is there is so many sources that have conflicting info. It's hard to know what's true and what isn't. Most of us choose to believe morsels of info that is favorable for Auburn ( Dukes and Keef doing the flip from GA to AU). Then when it doesn't pan out,  it's a big let down.. Dukes predicted Hurley would flip from Bama 3 months ago. I'm still waiting for that one. Best to let it play and see if he decommits. I will hazard a guess and say Hughley will be in Athens next wkend to get his deal sweetened.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

In these situations, it's best to just let it play out. The problem is there is so many sources that have conflicting info. It's hard to know what's true and what isn't. Most of us choose to believe morsels of info that is favorable for Auburn ( Dukes and Keef doing the flip from GA to AU). Then when it doesn't pan out,  it's a big let down.. Dukes predicted Hurley would flip from Bama 3 months ago. I'm still waiting for that one. Best to let it play and see if he decommits. I will hazard a guess and say Hughley will be in Athens next wkend to get his deal sweetened.

You are probably right.

I mean sure seems all UGA has to do is sweeten the offer and he stays. Kid knows this and plays it perfectly. Bidness is bidness, I got no problem with it. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Aaaaaaaaaannnnnd, this is why we're probably going to see a change by 2024.

Not necessarily.  Just cause Hughley hasn't flipped yet, don't mean he won't in the future. Lest u forget we got a big time QB commitment this wkend. This is exactly my point. Hanging on every word, post and tweet that a insider says. Then when it don't happen instantly some folks revert right back to teetering on the edge. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not necessarily.  Just cause Hughley hasn't flipped yet, don't mean he won't in the future. Lest u forget we got a big time QB commitment this wkend. This is exactly my point. Hanging on every word, post and tweet that a insider says. Then when it don't happen instantly some folks revert right back to teetering on the edge. 

But if we get him , he will be right back on the bandwagon. The worse types.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I mean sure seems all UGA has to do is sweeten the offer and he stays. Kid knows this and plays it perfectly. Bidness is bidness, I got no problem with it. 

NIL is so confusing. Can we discuss the offer to recruits or can we not?

2 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Someone will have to remind me of a time when this worked out in Auburn’s favor

I think it happened with Darius Slayton? Not sure but hardly ever happens and I don’t think it’s going to change with these guys either tbh

2 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

I just hope he told Dukes he'll pay his salary with all that NIL money he's leveraging to get. Dude knew he was putting his reputation and career on the line with this one after Hurley.

Would be a ruthless but smart move to lie to him knowing that he'd run with it in hopes of breaking news of a huge flip before anyone. Dukes prematurely sounds the alarm, Kirby and co are alerted, and UGA bag men scramble. Hughley has a grand time at BCW and gets a nice check awaiting him as he arrives back home. Dukes is the fall guy pawn, again.

• Like 2