Westry & Flanigan in top 60 on NBA Draft projection list

HAPvsOA

https://www.nbadraft.net/ranking/bigboard/

I occasionally check in on the top 100 rankings and just noticed that Westry has rocketed up the list since the trip to Israel. I'm still hoping that we get at least 2 years before he goes Pro, but it's great to see him and Flanigan on the list. I know it's super early, but still, I never would have expected this was possible during the Barbee days. 

It's also interesting to see Scoot, Trey Alexander, Julian Phillips and others that we prioritized so high on the list (vs. their high school ranking). Pearl definitely has an eye for talent, regardless of rankings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2022 at 1:14 PM, Tiger said:

I am expecting Yohan to rocket up this list as the season progresses 

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Broome make some noise on that list, too.

On 8/31/2022 at 11:37 AM, HAPvsOA said:

I'm still hoping that we get at least 2 years before he goes Pro

Unfortunately, I just don't think that's going to happen. He's too big and too good with the ball in his hands for NBA teams not to be drooling all over him. If he has anything close to the kind of season I'm expecting, I'm pretty sure he'll be projected in the lottery, and no chance Bruce lets him pass that up. Big part of why getting Tre Donaldson was such a big deal, despite the signs that he might redshirt his first year.

• Like 1

Well look at that. Devan Cambridge is on the list at #90. Best of luck at A State, bud!

• Like 2