*Official Auburn vs. Penn State Game Thread*

abw0004

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

James needs to shut his mouth. You're getting your butt whooped but keep talking cause you make one good play.

Yeah he needs to work on playing better than talking s***. He’s not good enough to talk about anything 

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

This is down right embarrassing. We might as well just run the option with Robby and Tank. OL is bad and TJ holding the ball too long. 

I’m find with just running zone read with Robby and Tank / Hunter the rest of the game - at least the clock will go faster.  

• Like 3

Just now, autiger88 said:

I guess I didn't really wanna be right about this. 🤷

Me too. I remember you saying this last year and I thought it was too early to be talking about it but you’re totally right. Even if we somehow come back, there’s too many things to be concerned about. If we’re a competent team, this won’t happen.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

TJ with 2 fumbles now. I think he is injured more than he is letting on.

Since 2019, unfortunately.

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

This is obviously not all on Finley. Or the defense. The OL is atrocious. Gus left the cupboard bare and Harsin didn't do enough to stock it. Never going to win or be successful with these dudes.

Agree and we all knew this but it’s still rough to watch and comprehend. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Haha you’re blaming this on Gus Malzahn. That’s funny. As if this staff has brought in any linemen.

Did this staff do anything to help the problem? No, but Gus put us way behind in this department snd that is just fact 

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

This is the worst OL I've seen In a while.

Much worse than anything Bo had and boy did we have some excuses for his play with that OL

I’m leaning towards 3-4 wins now. They’ll quit after the UGA game. 

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

This is obviously not all on Finley. Or the defense. The OL is atrocious. Gus left the cupboard bare and Harsin didn't do enough to stock it. Never going to win or be successful with these dudes.

Finley has played okay despite the line. 

The crazy part is this team is doing enough to give the defense a break. Previous defenses were subjected to a lot of 3 and out. Some of them were light speed 

1 minute ago, AUDynasty said:

Me too. I remember you saying this last year and I thought it was too early to be talking about it but you’re totally right. Even if we somehow come back, there’s too many things to be concerned about. If we’re a competent team, this won’t happen.

Yep you are correct. Its sad it really is and I thought 2012 was bad this year might be worse. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Haha you’re blaming this on Gus Malzahn. That’s funny. As if this staff has brought in any linemen.

No I’m blaming it on BOTH. But it is 100% on Gus for our offensive line sucking because it is a position he failed to recruit for his last 6 years he was here. So yeah Gus sucks and Harsin sucks. It’s called a bare cupboard.

Edited by sevenlee36
  • Like 2

Its the o line for sure. But TJ just is not agile enough to escape the rush. Time to try somebody else.   Our OLine is abysmal!!!

• Like 1

The list of recruits visiting for this game was a mile long.  Hopefully they see that PT is guaranteed next year and we land a few big names pronto.