Jimmies and Joes > Xs and Os

RunInRed

53 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

And another thing...we're over here arguing about ADAG and whose fault this mess is.  IMO, and I'm going to climb waaaay out on a limb here, the PTB (the same people that organize these dog and pony shows) got pissed at the push back they received upon firing Gus and suggesting Steele (you don't fire a coach that at least 1/3 of the fan base still likes and then let it leak that you intend to bring on a previously failed HC) that they threw there hands up and said, "Fine, you guys do it your way."  They gave ADAG, who was totally out of his league in this toxic environment, enough rope to hang himself.  PTB: Yes, go get your guy that we know is going to fail because we want to teach everyone a lesson that we know what's best, and next time you need to leave us alone to make the hire we want to make.  They knew the dude coudn't recruit down here and wasn't good at working with people...all it took was a little common sense and some investigative homework.  They wanted it to fail to get their power back and say "I told you so".

Makes for a good Netflix documentary 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, fishepa said:

Clemson also had the benefit - like you said - of playing in the ACC.  If they played in the SEC I don't think they even get a chance to compete for the championship.

I’m not so sure about that. Clemson had no problem dispelling prominent college powerhouses during their championship runs outside of a last second win over bama. Ohio State, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Alabama (including Sabans worst loss during his tenure at bama). The ACC is weaker, but it didn’t keep them from kicking some major a$$ to win titles. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

I don't see anyone really supporting Gus, or being Harsin haters.

I agree with all but this part.

But if you don't see those things then you're lucky. It's an ugly sight.

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

I see people who realize that if you were going to bring in someone who was unwilling or, incapable of correcting the obvious problem, you might as well have stayed with Gus and saved yourself the buyout and,,, the associated grief.

No one is arguing we should've kept Gus.

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I will absolutely bang on Bo for being on a coaching search committee.  He has openly admitted that he doesn't watch football anymore.  Why on Earth would you have someone choosing a HC for the program that doesn't keep up with the sport?

Again, not defending Bo (but he wouldn't be on my 'committee' to choose a coach, either) BUT he was on the sideline Saturday and has been a pretty stable presence on the sidelines at AU over the last decade - at least for the big games.  So to say he doesn't 'watch' may be a it of a stretch.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RunInRed said:

Again, not defending Bo (but he wouldn't be on my 'committee' to choose a coach, either) BUT he was on the sideline Saturday and has been a pretty stable presence on the sidelines at AU over the last decade - at least for the big games.  So to say he doesn't 'watch' may be a it of a stretch.

Well Bo himself said that, but clearly he does be at the games in person. With that being said , it goes on to beg the question why he is even on a committee to find the next football coach, solely just because he is an Auburn legend. I cannot see any qualifications otherwise to allow him to have such an input. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Watching Auburn play a few games and following college football as whole are different things.  For a coaching search, I want someone who watches college football outside of Auburn.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Well Bo himself said that, but clearly he does be at the games in person. With that being said , it goes on to beg the question why he is even on a committee to find the next football coach, solely just because he is an Auburn legend. I cannot see any qualifications otherwise to allow him to have such an input. 

He got me to buy Nike cross trainers in 5th grade.

On 9/20/2022 at 3:27 PM, CoffeeTiger said:

So much this. 

Big time college football is about recruits way more than it is about individual coaching talent. 

Places like Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia, and Clemson aren't winning championships because their coaches are just better game planners and in game strategist than everyone else they play...it's because they get the best of the best recruits and then coach and develop all that raw talent into playmakers. 

There's a lot of parity in the middle and lower half of college football where most 3 star and lower players aren't really all that different from each other, but there is a pretty wide gap between the nations elite programs and all the other 110+ FBS college football teams in the nation, and that's because the top recruits are the ones who lead teams to consistent seasons and championships. 

I hope our decision makers do a much better job of vetting our next coach and really getting into how they plan to recruit, their philosophy on recruiting, and specifically how they plan to get top talent to Auburn. 

So... how many 5 star recruits has Aubie signed in the last 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? 

6 hours ago, DAG said:

Makes for a good Netflix documentary 

Agreed, 15 games in. ZERO Support since he got here.  Dye/Tuberville... Lowder/Raine. smh . Firing your AD at the start of the season. NICEEEEE. No Biscuits Here. Lotta "smooth talking" here. And now, a coup on the HC. graveling for a Saban saved, twice fired coach. Oh, and Billy Napiers QB HAS NOT THROWN A TD Pass THIS SEASON. Lame Kitten isn't coming here, UT/USC LOL!! Neither are any of the Stoops Boyz. Hire Quentin Riggins as your AD. Go to the NFL if you need to for a HC. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

Damn, I really did a number on you.  Small and petty is a terrible way to be known by.  Sadly, everyone here knows you as that and only that. 

Amazing you only show up here when there is turmoil surrounding Auburn.  February...You spam the hell out of the board. 6 months later, in September, we hit some adversity and low and behold look who again is all over every thread posting his disdain.  Telling and sad.

CBH may not be the right coach we need, but you are 100% the wrong kind of fan that we don't

You’ve been proven wrong on Greene, you’ve been proven wrong on Harsin, just give it up. You lost the battle, just surrender, and give it up.

• Dislike 3

5 hours ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

So... how many 5 star recruits has Aubie signed in the last 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? 

Tank and Pappoe are on the team now. Derrick Brown comes immediately to mind. There are others.

• Like 1

I don't know why Bo said that about watching football, but I know for a fact he's been on the sidelines of home games for years and years. He gets very frustrated when AU isn't playing well and takes the long walk back to the place where he stays before the game is over. Because he cares and can't take it. 

I don't think Bo has ever been the number 1 deciding factor on a coaching search, but I do know he had significant input when Gus was hired. For better or worse. Bo is much more intelligent than some people expect and has impressed a lot of businessmen with pull at AU. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, cbo said:

I don't know why Bo said that about watching football, but I know for a fact he's been on the sidelines of home games for years and years. He gets very frustrated when AU isn't playing well and takes the long walk back to the place where he stays before the game is over. Because he cares and can't take it. 

I don't think Bo has ever been the number 1 deciding factor on a coaching search, but I do know he had significant input when Gus was hired. For better or worse. Bo is much more intelligent than some people expect and has impressed a lot of businessmen with pull at AU. 

Bo is probably like me (or me like him), I don’t have much extra time on Saturdays to watch games all day. I can hopefully catch the AU game through various ways of streaming or on my phone depending on my work schedule. I haven’t been able to sit on the couch and flip around game to game all day for years. 

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Tank and Pappoe are on the team now. Derrick Brown comes immediately to mind. There are others.

You got me to thinking about all of our past 5 star recruits so I just looked on 247 rankings and here are all of our 5 star players since 2000 in order from highest rated (points wise) on down.

Byron Cowart (He was ranked as the #1 overall player in the country that year)

Derrick Brown

Michael Dyer

Tray Blackmon

Montravius Adams 

Cadillac Williams 

Christian Westerman

Carl Lawson

Roc Thomas

Owen Pappoe

Calvin Ashley

Tre' Williams 

Trovon Reed

Bo Nix

Ben Obomanu

Jason Campbell

LaMarcus Rowell

247 had Tank Bigsby, Kodi Burns, Kiehl Frazier and Kerryon Johnson as 4 stars but other services rated them 5 stars. 

Also, Cam Newton and Eltoro Freeman were 5 stars out of high school but we got them through JUCO route.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I will absolutely bang on Bo for being on a coaching search committee.  He has openly admitted that he doesn't watch football anymore.  Why on Earth would you have someone choosing a HC for the program that doesn't keep up with the sport?

Perhaps being on the committee and having your recommendations accepted…or even kept fully in the loop did not happen. Has happened before…

5 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

You got me to thinking about all of our past 5 star recruits so I just looked on 247 rankings and here are all of our 5 star players since 2000 in order from highest rated (points wise) on down.

Byron Cowart (He was ranked as the #1 overall player in the country that year)

Derrick Brown

Michael Dyer

Tray Blackmon

Montravius Adams 

Cadillac Williams 

Christian Westerman

Carl Lawson

Roc Thomas

Owen Pappoe

Calvin Ashley

Tre' Williams 

Trovon Reed

Bo Nix

Ben Obomanu

Jason Campbell

LaMarcus Rowell

247 had Tank Bigsby, Kodi Burns, Kiehl Frazier and Kerryon Johnson as 4 stars but other services rated them 5 stars. 

Also, Cam Newton and Eltoro Freeman were 5 stars out of high school but we got them through JUCO route.

@tightendoverthemiddle who said it takes three fingers and @bigbird who liked the three fingers remark: Y'all have no comment on this list?

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Sad and petty, thanks for reinforcing your reputation.

You're right though. I did support both hires...and moved on once they proved themselves. Why? Because that's what would've been best for Auburn.

You, however, haven't supported either of them at a single point in either tenure.  From either's announcement you've spewed your vitriol all over the place for anyone to listen. Pushing rumors, fanning flames, and tearing them down every chance you had. You should be really proud of being right, though!

I had hope they both would be successful and lead Auburn into the future. How silly of me to want what's best for Auburn, right?  You, on the other hand, have proven extensively that Auburn comes in 2nd behind your desire to be told you're right.

So you were right about Green and Harsin.

That said, never supporting Green or Harsin, championing every misstep, and never giving them a chance is well, Sad and petty. Again, congratulations!

Like I said, 100% the fan that Auburn doesn't need.

Also FTR, I'd rather support and be hopeful and be proven wrong 1000 times than never support and happen to be right.

You are wasting your time . Even people who agree with him don’t support this dude just because he isn’t a very likable individual solely off his post. That’s sad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

@tightendoverthemiddle who said it takes three fingers and @bigbird who liked the three fingers remark: Y'all have no comment on this list?

Yes, yes I do. Thanks for asking 

That list shows the 5* recruits since 2000. I 100% agree with it. 

However, on this list that you apparently approve of, it shows that in the last 5 years we have had two composite 5* recruits, Bo and OP...both from 2019. Not a single one since.

Since you refuse to read the links I give you that prove you wrong, I thought pictures might be easier for you . I've provided screen shots.

Screenshot_20220922-094443.png

Screenshot_20220922-094533.png

FTR, Tank was a composite 4* in 2020

Screenshot_20220922-094418.png

I also agreed that we can count on one hand how many we've had the last 5 years. I have proven that.

In fact,  we can count even further back, on one hand, how many 5* we've had sign. That can be traced going back to 2015.

Screenshot_20220922-095401.png

Screenshot_20220922-095444.png

So, back to my comment you asked for.

Another weak attempt to play "gotcha" has again made you look like the feeble and foolish old man you've become.  You try so hard and fail so magnificently it's almost comical. I say, "Almost" because in reality, you just come across as sad and pathetic.  

So please, tell me again why me liking a factually based comment that you took offense to is wrong of me? While your at it, try to explain your weak ass attempt to call me out when the proof is right there for absolutely everyone to see.  

I've noticed a recurring theme between you and your ilk. Instead of caring about honest dialogue and fact based arguments y'all resort to trivial, staring-at-gnats type of debates that end up making y'all look sad and petty. 

That behavior is sad, your continued attempts are petty, and the results have become banal and expected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 2