For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

1 minute ago, RunInRed said:

FTR I think Prime would be a horrible HC for Auburn. If he wanted to take some kind of recruiting / assistant role - maybe. Otherwise, bad idea.

Why do you think that?

3 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

FTR I think Prime would be a horrible HC. If he wanted to take some kind of recruiting / assistant role - maybe.  Otherwise, bad idea.

……. Only point I’ll even try to make is if you think Deion would agree to be our assistant recruiter, you may be inflating where we currently are in the football food chain. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rophle said:

Why does anyone think he’s a good coach, and not just a good recruiter?  If recruiting is all you want bring back Trooper or Craig. 

Yeah they were good recruiters but I’m not sure how many of their recruits stuck around for long

1 hour ago, rophle said:

Why does anyone think he’s a good coach, and not just a good recruiter?  If recruiting is all you want bring back Trooper or Craig. 

As I've said in other threads, look at his coaching staff at JSU.  Part of being a great coach is surrounding yourself with talent.  That staff is better than several SEC staffs right now, including Auburn.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, rophle said:

Imo recruiting is the biggest thing u need to complete . U can simply out talent some teams. For example Gus wasn’t the greatest coach but he had talent in key spots and won 8 games on average now add a better scheme to that and Auburn 10 plus games yearly.

Edited by e808

23 minutes ago, Didba said:

Why do you think that?

I would not touch him with a 20-foot pole. It’s all about him and always will be all about him.

• Like 6
  • Facepalm 3

25 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

FTR I think Prime would be a horrible HC for Auburn. I don’t see how he would drive the unity we need.

If he wanted to take some kind of recruiting / assistant role - maybe. Otherwise, bad idea.

big time recruiting followed up with consistent winning is the only thing that's going to drive unity.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Didba said:

He’s more than a good recruiter. He instantly changes Auburn’s image for the better. More modern. 

All us dedicated, old and worn out alumni/fans need to STFU and get out of the way. We’re dinosaurs so go form an oil field somewhere. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

big time recruiting followed up with consistent winning is the only thing that's going to drive unity.

How do you think we do big time recruiting without unity? Just on Prime’s charm?

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I would not touch him with a 20-foot pole. It’s all about him and always will be all about him.

Yeah that's what the jsu kids think and feel.....not close to that love we've seen given to Auburn players all these years lol

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I totally understand, it does seem like he has changed since the suicide attempt.

My understanding is he has other goals and missions he wants to accomplish. He wants to turn the traditional black schools into like a power five conference of their own. I guess what I’m struggling to say is, I don’t think he wants the job at Auburn or any other power five school.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

As I've said in other threads, look at his coaching staff at JSU.  Part of being a great coach is surrounding yourself with talent.  That staff is better than several SEC staffs right now, including Auburn.

What? You know he can't compare to all of the genius coaches and strategist we're used to here at Auburn! This is hilarious

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Yeah that's what the jsu kids think and feel.....not close to that love we've seen given to Auburn players all these years lol

All these years? How old are you? 

8 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Interesting, I can’t say I know much about him. Y’all saw him play ball, watched him grow up. He’s only been on my radar since he started coaching.  

I could see the potential for that with some of his interviews. 

• Dislike 1

Unity.... When was the last time there's been unity here....And how is it that Sanders would be the person to break up all this unity we have? Actually if it's unity we've been having here I'm for whoever breaks this unity up

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

All us dedicated, old and worn out alumni/fans need to STFU and get out of the way. We’re dinosaurs so go form an oil field somewhere. 😂 

Oh, if you guys want to form an oil field please do it directly underneath a stretch of land on state highway 11 going into Livingston, Alabama.

Right now it’s just 1,400 acres of timber farming and shooting houses…

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I totally understand, it does seem like he has changed since the suicide attempt.

Suicide attempt???

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Unity.... When was the last time there's been unity here....And how is it that Sanders would be the person to break up all this unity we have? Actually if it's unity we've been having here I'm for whoever breaks this unity up

You either have short term memory loss or you have an agenda. This place was unified behind a lot of teams over the years. It all went off the rails just a few years ago. 

Edited by autigeremt
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What? You know he can't compare to all of the genius coaches and strategist we're used to here at Auburn! This is hilarious

It amazes me that people are dismissing him without even doing a modicum of research first.  Personal biases getting in the way of objective reasoning.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

Suicide attempt???

He openly discusses trying to commit suicide, but he survived. He then, if I’m allowed to say this not being in the political thread, turned his life over to Jesus Christ through the ministry of Bishop TJ Jakes. I think that is his name?

https://tri-statedefender.com/for-deion-sanders-a-suicide-attempt-led-him-to-the-lord/12/24/?amp

His marriage to his first wife Carolyn Chambers and mother of his two oldest children (Deion Jr. and Deiondra) was ending. “I was going through the trials and tribulations of life. I was pretty much running on fumes,” he said. “I was empty, no peace, no joy. Losing hope with the progression of everything.”

Sanders recounted the suicide attempt in his autobiography Power, Money & Sex: How Success Almost Ruined My Life. Amazingly, he survived what he said was a 30- to 40-foot drop without any significant injuries. He decided his life was worth living.

“I finally just got on my knees and gave it all to the Lord,” Sanders said.

Edited by AU-24

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It amazes me that people are dismissing him without even doing a modicum of research first.  Personal biases getting in the way of objective reasoning.

I’d like to see more at the Div. 1 level. Seems plausible to me. 

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

He openly discusses trying to commit suicide, but he survived. He then, if I’m allowed to say this not being in the political thread, turned his life over to Jesus Christ through the ministry of Bishop TJ Jakes. I think that is his name?

https://tri-statedefender.com/for-deion-sanders-a-suicide-attempt-led-him-to-the-lord/12/24/?amp

His marriage to his first wife Carolyn Chambers and mother of his two oldest children (Deion Jr. and Deiondra) was ending. “I was going through the trials and tribulations of life. I was pretty much running on fumes,” he said. “I was empty, no peace, no joy. Losing hope with the progression of everything.”

Sanders recounted the suicide attempt in his autobiography Power, Money & Sex: How Success Almost Ruined My Life. Amazingly, he survived what he said was a 30- to 40-foot drop without any significant injuries. He decided his life was worth living.

“I finally just got on my knees and gave it all to the Lord,” Sanders said.

Thanks. I checked Wikipedia didn’t see it 

2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I’d like to see more at the Div. 1 level. Seems plausible to me. 

That's fair, but from a recruiting perspective, I don't need to see that.  He hauled in the #1 overall recruit in the nation last year.

And I also wonder if people said the same thing 30 years ago when we hired a coach with no D-1 experience.

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

He was hurt that Florida State wouldn’t consider him, but FSU simply said: you’ve never been a pwr five assistant or head coach.

With some of our hires in the past, I am certainly willing to give him a shot! FSU hired coach Willie, head coach before last, so I don’t think it was a prejudicial thing, just lack of experience.