Juicy Tidbits

AUApostle

I've been hearing he's gone Sunday. There will be a "lengthy" search. Freeze announced after the season. He was lined up, with a staff in February. But that's the fun of a rumor mill. No one really knows. Yella ran off Kirby and Venables. Grain of salt. Everybody knows someone that doesn't know anyone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maryland tiger said:

After Auburn beats LSU and all of you slackjawed, player hating, inbred Auburn fans can go back into your holes for a few days. 

Some personal demons you might want to consider working out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

Bruh?? Have you been watching at all? I don't care if we beat LSU or not Harsin still gotta go. 

True enough at this point. A win over LSU will not send the top recruits calling or committing. I was all for giving him at least three years, but the lack of recruiting and dismal play and coaching suggests he should head back out west. Bad hire by an AD that was a bad hire from a bad Pres. Time to cut all cords now. 

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, api1957 said:

I've been hearing he's gone Sunday. There will be a "lengthy" search. Freeze announced after the season. He was lined up, with a staff in February. But that's the fun of a rumor mill. No one really knows. Yella ran off Kirby and Venables. Grain of salt. Everybody knows someone that doesn't know anyone.

True. Venables has already lost one game and that won’t be all he loses this year, meanwhile Riley at USC seems to have made a quick impact in coaching and recruiting. I for one don’t really want Freeze, too much prior baggage for a program in complete disarray for three years now and while Deion may bring in recruits, I think he is still largely unproven. I mean GM had at least been an OC in the SEC for two teams and did have a year as HC at Arky State before he was hired. I think Doeron may be smarter than people think, then again his team at number 10 may wet the bed against what I believe is not a true top five team in Clemson. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Just spoke to a friend checking on us because of the hurricane who played football at Auburn and he says Prime has a shot at HC.

Saying an enough without saying anything! You have mastered the life of an insider haha 

3 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Yesterday, Justin Ferguson from The Auburn Observer was on our local radio. He said Harsin won't be back next year regardless. He said the question that keeps looming is if he loses to LSU do you axe him the next day because many don't want this festering into the Georgia game. 

He said Harsin fans keep saying, "He hasn't been given enough time." He said he replies with "And what has he done since he's been at Auburn that shows you he should get another year?" 

I don't know much about Justin Ferguson but that's what he had to say. He also said he hasn't heard about who they would try to hire as HC. 

On one hand, you’re setting whoever the assistant coach is up having them roll into that buzzsaw 

15 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

I just know Prime Jr was a 4* QB out of HS. 

And Nix was a 5 star. In the SEC, that doesn’t necessarily translate to being a game changing QB, just as a 3 star doesn’t mean you can’t win. Enormous differences in HBCU schools and larger schools. Just an opinion, not an argument. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

And Nix was a 5 star. In the SEC, that doesn’t necessarily translate to being a game changing QB, just as a 3 star doesn’t mean you can’t win. Enormous differences in HBCU schools and larger schools. Just an opinion, not an argument. 

To be fair to Nix, I think if we had a respectable offensive line then he could have won more games but that gets back to Gus and not recruiting or having a decent OL. I was not a hughe Nix fan but I also thought Gus threw him to the lions way to early since he didn't have any better options, if he has time he is ok, when he doesn't he makes bad decisions, it is what it is...we need better players, a better head coach and better position coaches, we need better in all the above places...

I'm pulling for Deion, I agree their is question mark in the HC category but I think being able to compete agains UGA and BAMA for recruits would be a good starting point, if he surrounds himself with good coordinators then could be fun to watch...but if I had a crystal ball well ya know. :)  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

To be fair to Nix, I think if we had a respectable offensive line then he could have won more games but that gets back to Gus and not recruiting or having a decent OL. I was not a hughe Nix fan but I also thought Gus threw him to the lions way to early since he didn't have any better options, if he has time he is ok, when he doesn't he makes bad decisions, it is what it is...we need better players, a better head coach and better position coaches, we need better in all the above places...

I'm pulling for Deion, I agree their is question mark in the HC category but I think being able to compete agains UGA and BAMA for recruits would be a good starting point, if he surrounds himself with good coordinators then could be fun to watch...but if I had a crystal ball well ya know. :)  

His present staff has a great deal of NFL experience.

It’s sad that the only interesting thing about this team the past 3 seasons is the drama surrounding the coach. It’s been a terrible product and clearly Harsin isn’t the answer. Juicy gossip is all we will have for a while. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

After Auburn beats LSU and all of you slackjawed, player hating, inbred Auburn fans can go back into your holes for a few days. 

As long as you promise you'll do the same after LSU beats Auburn.

5 hours ago, bishoptf said:

Yeah and they might be 3-2, why they play the games and glad your optimistic but not sure what they have done so far that warrants that level of optimism. Hope they come out and look like a different team then they have the last couple of games but so far based on what they have shown there is a reason that LSU is favored. 

In its last seven games against Power 5 opponents going back to last season’s win at Ole Miss, Auburn has been out-scored 116-21 in the second half. AU is just 9 of 49 (18.4 percent) on third down conversions and averaging 2.9 rushing yards per carry. - source  https://auburn.rivals.com/news/second-halves-of-futility-auburn-tigers-football

I mean those stats are just dreadful...but hey CBH has a plan just watch...

FWIW - I heard on sports talk radio that in their last 5 P5 games Auburn has converted zero 3rd downs in the 4th Qtr.

31 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

And I spoke with a friend who works at JSU and the SWAC and he said Prime ain’t going no where…so what’s your point? 

Interesting the contrast of “official” opinions. 

29 minutes ago, Viper said:

Interesting the contrast of “official” opinions. 

Well, I hope “Prime had a shot at coach” means “WE have a shot at Prime.” Semantics.

1 hour ago, zeroforwinger said:

It’s sad that the only interesting thing about this team the past 3 seasons is the drama surrounding the coach. It’s been a terrible product and clearly Harsin isn’t the answer. Juicy gossip is all we will have for a while. 

@GwillMac6 and I live for this drama 😂. It’s infinitely more interesting and entertaining than anything we’ve put on the football field in years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gctiger said:

FWIW - I heard on sports talk radio that in their last 5 P5 games Auburn has converted zero 3rd downs in the 4th Qtr.

I know its bad but damn I didnt even realize that. 😒 People still think we are headed in the right direction. 🙄

10 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I know its bad but damn I didnt even realize that. 😒 People still think we are headed in the right direction. 🙄

Getting outscored something like 94-21 in the second halves of games since he’s been coach should be enough to make everyone fed up. 

• Like 1