Juicy Tidbits

AUApostle

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'd be more impressed with a staff that has a great deal of SEC experience.

Maybe from a recruiting angle, but certainly not from a coaching ability. I would think that NFL experience helps with recruiting too (Hilliard).

• Like 1

Insiders at every other SEC school are in complete agreement…

Auburn should keep Harsin for a long time. Bama, UGA and LSU have said they’ll even pony up to help with his salary.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, woodford said:

He's just gotta build that wall around the state!

and annex portions of Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Hawaii, and Australia. Hack the portal. Turn off the pipeline to surrounding programs. Wait, ... this is starting to sound familiar. Anyhooo, Ну тогда до свидания.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Maybe from a recruiting angle, but certainly not from a coaching ability. I would think that NFL experience helps with recruiting too (Hilliard).

Bedell played o line in the NFL and I was excited that it might help us in OL line recruiting. Obviously didn’t work out that way. 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigers77 said:

Insiders at every other SEC school are in complete agreement…

Auburn should keep Harsin for a long time. Bama, UGA and LSU have said they’ll even pony up to help with his salary.

I was watching a high school team play last night and we were talking as a group about Harsin. Every single Auburn fan in the conversation said that he should be fired if he can’t turn this season around. Every single fan of another school, mostly LSU and AL fans said that we should give him more time. 
Harsin has united the fans on both sides!

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

I can tell you that the heavy hitters that make decisions will be in attendance Saturday and are ready to see how it shakes out. 

So they finally returned from their month-long private resort vacation in the Bahamas?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, bishoptf said:

Yeah and they might be 3-2, why they play the games and glad your optimistic but not sure what they have done so far that warrants that level of optimism. Hope they come out and look like a different team then they have the last couple of games but so far based on what they have shown there is a reason that LSU is favored. 

In its last seven games against Power 5 opponents going back to last season’s win at Ole Miss, Auburn has been out-scored 116-21 in the second half. AU is just 9 of 49 (18.4 percent) on third down conversions and averaging 2.9 rushing yards per carry. - source  https://auburn.rivals.com/news/second-halves-of-futility-auburn-tigers-football

I mean those stats are just dreadful...but hey CBH has a plan just watch...

Wow.....I didn't realize the level of collapse in the second half was that bad. That alone should be fireable with the fact that we lost nearly all of those.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Found out who this person actually is.  Gave themselves away.

rick-rude.jpg

He threw me off with the “slackjawed.” My first instinct was Jesse Ventura’s classic line in Predator.

But yeah, the way he phrased it, def the Ravishing One.

Both from Minnesota.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Wow.....I didn't realize the level of collapse in the second half was that bad. That alone should be fireable with the fact that we lost nearly all of those.

We did lose all of those. We just had a higher score than the other team at the end of one of them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

It's obvious Harsin is in way over his head. I knew that he gets his butt kicked every halftime by the opposing coaches but to see these 2nd half stats on paper is just crazy. Harsin isn't just getting beat on halftime adjustments, he's getting annihilated. This is Chad Morris at Arkansas level terrible. 

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

It's obvious Harsin is in way over his head. I knew that he gets his butt kicked every halftime by the opposing coaches but to see these 2nd half stats on paper is just crazy. Harsin isn't just getting beat on halftime adjustments, he's getting annihilated. This is Chad Morris at Arkansas level terrible. 

It's everything we hated about Gus but somehow even worse. No hope of scoring in the 2nd half. It would be better to at least suck in a new way. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Okay, so why even hire someone from outside the SEC?  We have been taking Bama's and UGA's coordinators and head coaches for like 100 years.

Let’s just keep going that way okay? Hiring within the SEC is definitely the way to go.  But…

Lane is a douche

Prime time is the same – See the 1989 Sugar Dowl where he cheated, and we lost…

Muschamp? – total douche - yells to much like an idiot.

Just sayin 

10 hours ago, AUwartigerAU said:

Okay, so why even hire someone from outside the SEC?  We have been taking Bama's and UGA's coordinators and head coaches for like 100 years.

Let’s just keep going that way okay? Hiring within the SEC is definitely the way to go.  But…

Lane is a douche

Just sayin 

Are you referencing a game from almost 40 years ago to demonstrate why Deion is a douche now?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, AUwartigerAU said:

Lane is a douche

Just sayin 

If Deion somehow wanted to come here, I wouldn't give a damn what happened over 30 years ago.

Edited by AUwent

Live from Orange Beach. Only juicy tidbits I have at the moment.  WDE Beat the Corndogs! 

image.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Are you referencing a game from almost 40 years ago to demonstrate why Deion is a douche now?

yup-uhuh.gif

On 9/29/2022 at 11:40 AM, augolf1716 said:

Just spoke to a friend checking on us because of the hurricane who played football at Auburn and he says Prime has a shot at HC.

While I think there  may be better coaches out there than Prime, he definitely would be an upgrade to what we have now. He is popular, can bring in good coaches ( maybe some NFL type) and would promote the university well. Also I think we would get more coverage . I think also he has the ability to win those recruits in their home because of his personality. If he just hires some good folks around him and keeps Rich around to keep him out of trouble, it might work well for us. 🤔 

9 minutes ago, jptiger said:

Live from Orange Beach. Only juicy tidbits I have at the moment.  WDE Beat the Corndogs! 

image.jpg

The Emerald Coast truly has the most beautiful beaches in the world!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

He is like Gus. He thinks that just because the defense was able to stop the offensive plays he called the first half surely they can’t stop the same plays the second half. I remember some body saying repeating a mistake and expecting a different result was the definition of insanity. At AU football we have gotten good at insanity. 🤔😒

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I hope he's Morris and not Bielema! Because that would mean "Morris" is up next.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

Grudges are forever

I must admit, I can't get that bowl game out of my mind when I think about him as our coach. I can forgive but not forget.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Nope Siesta Key. Fl  for me

Grew up going to St George, Cape San Blas, Mex Beach, Destin, and PCB.  

Longboat, Siesta Key, and Anna Maria are on a whole different level - wading through hip-high crystal clear water a 100 yards from shore is pretty cool to experience.

• Love 1