Freeze Intro Press Conference

NoALtiger

2 hours ago, Chrysalis99 said:

The initial PC is overrated. I remember watching Harsin thinking, WOW. He definitely won the press conference big but we know how that turned out. 

You mean as far as importance to success it’s overrated, correct?

Just now, Chrysalis99 said:

No, not anything that significant. I’m talking first impressions and Harsin’s was very good. In that regard the initial PC and first impressions have little to do with overall success. 

Yea, thats what I meant, just didn’t convey it correctly. Completely agree. I would also add though, if he failed miserably, it would be hard to recover.

My favorite part was from 43:49 to 45:03 during which he said, "what I did is what I did but it is not who I am". I can relate to this and will give him space to build trust. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I hope he means it when he says he wants to learn from Bruce Pearl! 

You could know nothing about recruiting and just follow that guy around and learn everything you need to know!! Bruce can be a huge huge asset to the FB team!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aubie17 said:

My favorite part was from 43:49 to 45:03 during which he said, "what I did is what I did but it is not who I am". I can relate to this and will give him space to build trust. 

Agree however, I wish he would share something in regard to personal growth.  It would show he is truly genuine.

• Love 1

Thought he did really well and won some folks over. Now lets see if he can put a good staff together.

• Like 2

Talk is cheap. He said all the right things. I love Auburn so I’ll support Auburn, doesn’t mean I like the stench. I am in wait and see mode. I really hope he is here for 10+ years because that will mean he really did well, coaching and personally.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Remember he has spent the last 4 years at Liberty, the Jerry Farwell show. 🤔

Pretty sure he already sounded like one before that.

• Like 1

I was pleasantly surprised. I thought he aced that press conference. 

My initial feelings after watching it were that this particular job seems to be his dream job. He has family here and it appears he is going to work 24/7 to do everything possible to be successful and bring Auburn back to prominence. I thought he came across as sincere and remorseful in admitting he was flawed and had made mistakes but had been diligently working to be a better person. If Cadillac believes he has changed and will do what's in Auburn's interest then I am absolutely willing to give him a chance. I'm actually starting to feel a bit excited about this hire. War Eagle everyone! and.....(I respect everyone's views on this whether or not they are the same as mine fwiw.)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Wow!

I have admired Freeze's coaching from afar for several years. Love watching his teams play, but had never actually heard him speak. I can see why the guy has won everywhere he has been. 

Like the previous poster said, it's evident that Auburn is the dream destination for him. That should carry a lot of weight on the recruiting trail. Much easier to sell a product you actually love. 

Hope he brings us much success. 

• Like 2

I was wondering if he was going to compare our last two seasons to Pearl Harbor and 911? I was thinking that’s what new hire coaches do? 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

So a few things we found out:

1. Hugh Freeze was the number one candidate from the start, not Kiffin.

2. Hugh Freeze did not turn-over his social media accounts to Auburn University. He even said: how is that even possible in today’s society?

3. SEC commissioner Sankey never banned any team from hiring Hugh Freeze. (I think that crap started on the Finebaum show)

4.  Al. Com will continue to be a horses @ss to Auburn University!

5. I, no kidding, really do hate it for them, but the paysites continue to have just about zero inside information!

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very impressive press conference and statements! I am pumped!!

What a beautiful family as well. 
We have got a real coach now.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AU-24 said:

So a few things we found out:

1. Hugh Freeze was the number one candidate from the start, not Kiffin.

2. Hugh Freeze did not turn-over his social media accounts to Auburn University. He even said: how is that even possible in today’s society?

3. SEC commissioner Sankey never banned any team from hiring Hugh Freeze. (I think that crap started on the Finebaum show)

4.  Al. Com will continue to be a horses @ss to Auburn University!

5. I, no kidding, really do hate it for them, but the paysites continue to have just about zero inside information!

Amen to #4. Can’t stand them.

• Like 1

Anyone notice the Tuohy's were mentioned as being at the press conference?  I don't know what it means, but its kind of a big deal.

3 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Anyone notice the Tuohy's were mentioned as being at the press conference?  I don't know what it means, but its kind of a big deal.

Who are they? I am woefully uninformed!!

Edited by Hank2020

21 hours ago, fishepa said:

Probably prepping for his AL.com hit piece.

You understand how media work. That is a good thing. He is laying the groundwork for an “outraged because I didn’t get the answer I wanted” hit piece. That is exactly what that was. 

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Who are they? I am woefully uninformed!!

Ole Miss boosters that were the focus of the blind side movie.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Freak said:

Ole Miss boosters that were the focus of the blind side movie.

Wait, Sandra Bullock was there?  😉