Freeze Intro Press Conference

NoALtiger

I think Coach Freeze did a great job covering all the bases. He was humble, admitted previous mistakes . Asked the family to let him earn their respect. He understands and respect the Auburn tradition, knows how to get it done on and off the field. He knows where we are and the work required to be done and is not afraid of it. He also showed he is will to grow by looking for coaches that can teach him as well. Important  thing I took away is he knows Rich is there and he will be in a tight leash as far as conduct ( his and the team) he also understands what Bruce Pearl has brought to the table and how much it matters to not only get the coaches and teams to buy in but also the students and the fans and the whole AU family. Having had his daughter here already I think is a big positive for Coach Freeze to buy into the Auburn tradition. He also understands the importance of Caddy and I think he respects Caddy and his love for AU. I come away with a good feeling. We have a coach that’s capable of winning big and AU leaders that are willing to watch closely and insure the culture and reputation of Auburn is not  put in harms way. War Eagle 🦅🦅🦅👍😊

Edited by Eagle Eye 7
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I’m actually glad he and Tom Green are asking some hard questions. He’s got to be able to address the 800 lb gorilla in the room and not just be lobbed softball questions. It’s the only way to give people insight into who he is compared to all the social media maelstrom they’ve read. 

That's a good point. my disdain for him is hard to hide sometimes. 

19 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Freeze when asked if he will call plays (summarized) - "Ive called plays my whole career. Im currently contemplating bringing someone in that can help me based off some of the text I have received from people who may be better at it than I am". 

I found this bit interesting....taking his ego out of it.

He is smart enough to know he needs a fall guy to fire before the target is placed directly on him if things don't go well. I gurantee even if he outsources the oc playcalling you will see his standard offense.

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, fishepa said:

After watching the press conference, I like his answers.  I'm ready to get behind him and see where this goes.

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That press conference was impressive!

11 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

I thought that he aced the press conference! WAR DAMN EAGLE, CHF!

10 minutes ago, The lions roar said:

I admit I want him to do well as an auburn fan, but can’t see how anyone unbiased would not be impressed with that press conference 

9 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Good job CHF!

I’m looking forward to having a coach that loves his players, and will work hard in recruiting!!!!

8 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Awesome presser. Basically hit on most everything and seemed genuine to me on each topic. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the hiring, it’s done and the train has left the station. That debate is over so let’s get behind this staff and team and fix this thing. 

Out of likes for the day, but love all these!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Freeze when asked if he will call plays (summarized) - "Ive called plays my whole career. Im currently contemplating bringing someone in that can help me based off some of the text I have received from people who may be better at it than I am". 

I found this bit interesting....taking his ego out of it.

I take as a good thing. Probably the biggest mistake Gus made. Two sets of eyes are always better. I have found the best way to improve my vision is to ask someone else what they see. I think Hugh has great potential. 

10 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

He is smart enough to know he needs a fall guy to fire before the target is placed directly on him if things don't go well. I gurantee even if he outsources the oc playcalling you will see his standard offense.

And that’s okay. But he might learn some offshoots from his pay calling. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

For those not able to watch 

Love how he said “we were at, what 3 wins?”

Yes that was Auburn with 3 wins! It probably won’t be a night game but good Lord on 9/30/23 JHS is going to be a mad house. Buckle up. 

• Like 1

• RunInRed changed the title to Freeze Intro Press Conference

Well, it's important that he be seen to say all the right things. 

Praising everyone the fans love is a good tactic, as is standing with people that fans respect.

Folks eat that stuff up.

Maybe coulda kissed CCW, just to show how much he loves AU.  Not on the lips, though....

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Chrysalis99 said:

The initial PC is overrated. I remember watching Harsin thinking, WOW. He definitely won the press conference big but we know how that turned out. 

First, I supported Harsin and wanted him to work out.

However, looking back on it, it appears when Harsin accepted the Auburn job, the real job he wanted was the best job in the world...Fired College football Coach with a massive buyout.  The last 4 weeks pretty much tells me he wanted to just get paid to go away.  The last 4 weeks we actually fielded a competitive team and have landed recruits...after firing nearly half of our Coaches.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He handled himself well at the presser and it's a good first step. All most of us want him to do is coach, recruit, develop players, win and keep his nose clean. He has been given an opportunity to be a real 2nd chance success story at Auburn just like Bruce Pearl. He wasn't in my top 4 but, now that the decision is made, it's worthy of noting America loves a good 2nd chance story. I 'think' we will be ok. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Chrysalis99 said:

The initial PC is overrated. I remember watching Harsin thinking, WOW. He definitely won the press conference big but we know how that turned out. 

Harsin said all the right things. I really wanted him to do well.      I'm not going to let getting fooled by Harsin effect the way I see initial PCs.    I get the feeling from Freeze that he sincerely means what he is saying.   I think he has been humble and honest.   And, that he really does care for his players. 

He showed humility and humbleness.     Being humiliated can be a life changing emotion.   One of the most powerful human  emotions .   Most people don't even like to mention their past humiliations.  Would anyone here post their most humiliating moment on this board?  no way!  Being humiliated sucks.  But it also makes you more wise.  I can't imagine if my life's most humiliating moments lasted 7+  years in the public eye.      

• Like 1

Interesting that Cohen didn't take questions. Would have been nice to hear from the AD about the hire. If he was willing to sign off on Freeze then he shouldn't have a problem answering questions.

20 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Harsin said all the right things. I really wanted him to do well.      I'm not going to let getting fooled by Harsin effect the way I see initial PCs.    I get the feeling from Freeze that he sincerely means what he is saying.   I think he has been humble and honest.   And, that he really does care for his players. 

He showed humility and humbleness.     Being humiliated can be a life changing emotion.   One of the most powerful human  emotions .   Most people don't even like to mention their past humiliations.  Would anyone here post their most humiliating moment on this board?  no way!  Being humiliated sucks.  But it also makes you more wise.  I can't imagine if my life's most humiliating moments lasted 7+  years in the public eye.      

7 years and counting I'm afraid. Excellent post though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

7 years and counting I'm afraid. Excellent post though

It seems some others could use some humility.

edit:  that came out finger pointing at you.  not my intention. 

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrysalis99 said:

I think the initial PC was a much bigger deal than it was even for Harsin.  And I do think Freeze is going to fit in here a whole lot better.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Interesting that Cohen didn't take questions. Would have been nice to hear from the AD about the hire. If he was willing to sign off on Freeze then he shouldn't have a problem answering questions.

I would have liked to have heard from him too, but I think letting the new head coach be the focus today is fine.  Hopefully he'll do an interview or take some questions about it in the near future.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I take as a good thing. Probably the biggest mistake Gus made. Two sets of eyes are always better. I have found the best way to improve my vision is to ask someone else what they see. I think Hugh has great potential. 

Oh for sure. I was really impressed when he said that. 

26 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

wow.   was not expecting to be so impressed.    he is charismatic,  humble, caring,  real work ethic.    I can see why he is a good recruiter

^^^^^

39 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I think the initial PC was a much bigger deal than it was even for Harsin.  And I do think Freeze is going to fit in here a whole lot better.

Exactly I think Harsin just always felt ( or seem to anyway) that AU was to country for his blood. He never wanted to fit in. 

22 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Sounds like a preacher

Just sounds like a Believer to me....Something most people in this state would claim to be.

• Like 1