Rodarius (Rara) Thomas Commited to UGA

TigerHorn

19 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

That is what I think will ultimately be the solution to address the the current NIL + transfer portal issue. 

NCAA has to balance wanting to slow things down against the backdrop of legalities of limiting choices for non-academic reasons. Court systems have been landing on the side of recruits more than institutions lately. Newest legality of players being actual employees in California will be huge.

Edited by Hank2020

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Changing the portal rules would help somewhat curb this as it would stop and make players think before just entering the portal for a bigger payday and that IS something the NCAA can do.  Will they?  We will see what direction this new president takes it.  

The portal acting as free agency + NIL has made a complete mess of college football and honestly I don’t think there is a valid reason that players should just be able to hop from school to school like they are doing now.  If they had to go back to sitting out a year it would make them pause a bit before just jumping in looking for a better deal. 

Be hard to put the genie back in the bottle.  The reason they done this 1 time transfer thing is because pre portal they were issuing waivers out the wazoo. IE Justin Fields transferred from GA to OH ST

43 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

One reason is that their bodies need to mature. Unlike the NBA, you don't want these young men, fresh out of high school, playing against full matured men. You are putting them severely at risk. Everybody wants to be fast to see the cash, reach the NFL and get more than a heat rash. 

Reread the post 

It had nothing to do with the NFL

40 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Be hard to put the genie back in the bottle.  The reason they done this 1 time transfer thing is because pre portal they were issuing waivers out the wazoo. IE Justin Fields transferred from GA to OH ST

That one probably had some actual bones behind it. But yeah they were already rubber stamping transfers for little truth

If he came would have been a welcomed edition.  I think Auburn is fine at receiver. Just gotta get them the ball so they can showcase their talent 

• ellitor changed the title to Rodarius (Rara) Thomas Commited to UGA
On 12/20/2022 at 10:03 PM, PigskinPat said:

Where are you seeing this? Everything I’ve seen has said he’s announcing Friday.

It was down to Auburn, Georgia and Ole Miss. Then tuesday night he said we were out and it was between Georgia and Ole Miss. He was going to announce friday but ended up announcing today that he is going to Georgia. 

I, like most Auburn fans, feel that he was wanting to know who would be our starting QB next year because a good WR wants a good QB throwing him the ball. Freeze probably couldn't give him a definite answer of who our QB will be so he moved on. WDE

Edited by TeamZero77

And Georgia just got Lovett from Missouri.  Ridiculous.  Both were the WR1 at their schools

• Sad 2
  • Angry 1