Georgia Rush Defense

87aubie

Not sure who the power running teams they have played are, but UGA is #2 in the conference in rush defense.  In previous weeks that has spelled trouble for our opponent.  Almost as if our offensive line takes it as a personal challenge to drop them in the rankings.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stats dont mean jack when you play against Cam. USCe and LSU both had top rush defenses and Cam smoked em both  :thumbsup:

Stats don't mean jack when you play against our O-line, Cam, the best blocking receivers in the country, and some good running backs.

Auburn is not a one man team.  :dunno:

You guys did read the part where I said it didn't usually go well for our opponents didn't you??  You're all responding like I said I thought it was going to be a problem.  :dunno: :dunno:

You guys did read the part where I said it didn't usually go well for our opponents didn't you??  You're all responding like I said I thought it was going to be a problem.   :dunno: :dunno:

Well, in that case, you're such a sunshine pumper.  ;D

I don't think we've faced a 3-4 defense yet this year. I suspect Gus will dial up Lutz's number and create some mismatches in our favor. I've noticed the past couple of games we've really opened up the passing game, but at the same time made defenses continue to respect the run. Pick your poison UGA.

You guys did read the part where I said it didn't usually go well for our opponents didn't you??  You're all responding like I said I thought it was going to be a problem.   :dunno: :dunno:

Not my intention at all sir. :we: My comment had everything to do with Ugaga wishing it would stay that way.

Well, in that case, you're such a sunshine pumper.  ;D

:laugh: Barney,Barney,Barney. :laugh:

:dunno: I got it.  :dunno:

LA-Layette

@SC

Ark

@MSU

@Colorado

UT

Vandy

@UK

@UF

Idaho St

@AU

Open

@GT

So they've faced Lattimore...

and lost....

Don't get me wrong, though.  UGA has a tremendous DT in Justin Houston.

:dunno: I got it.  :dunno:

did you get the antibiotics afterwards?

AU will gash between the tackles all day... if they try to over load this weakness, look for our RB's to get over 100 yards each on the perimeter ...

From what I have seen, they can't stop our O...

The only true running team they have faced all year is USCe. Also against UT, Vandy, and UK they jumped out to a big lead so those teams had to pass to try and get back in the game.

UGAs opponents Rushing Average is 75.67th out of the 120 D1 teams.  The highest rushing rank was Miss. State at 14th.  The next highest rushing team was Florida at 51st.  South Carolina is 72nd.   The lowest was LA-Lafayette att 115th.  They have played one team in the top 50 in rushing.

In Comparison Auburn is 59.33rd out 120.  Again Miss State was the highest ranked.  We played three teams in the Top 50 in Rushing. 

They have faced rushing offenses ranking 14th, 51st, 67th, 72nd, 87th, 88th, 89th, 97th, 115th and an unranked FCS opponents.

Of the top 5 rushing offenses they have faces, they have given up (in order) 179, 231, 70, 189, and 58 yards on the ground.

That averages out to Georgia giving up 145.4 rypg, which is good for about the 50th ranked rush defense and well above their average. I think one could make a case that it is the quality of opponents they have played and not the rush defense being stellar.

They have faced rushing offenses ranking 14th, 51st, 67th, 72nd, 87th, 88th, 89th, 97th, 115th and an unranked FCS opponents.

Of the top 5 rushing offenses they have faces, they have given up (in order) 179, 231, 70, 189, and 58 yards on the ground.

That averages out to Georgia giving up 145.4 rypg, which is good for about the 50th ranked rush defense and well above their average. I think one could make a case that it is the quality of opponents they have played and not the rush defense being stellar.

And Auburn is ranked 4th in the NCAA in Rushing.

Archived