Georgia Rush Defense

87aubie

You guys did read the part where I said it didn't usually go well for our opponents didn't you??  You're all responding like I said I thought it was going to be a problem.   :dunno: :dunno:

:dunno: I got it.  :dunno:

did you get the antibiotics afterwards?

Goin to the doc Monday. I shoulda known better at my age.  :-[

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georgia's run D is second in the SEC by process of elimination.  Those who have and those who haven't played Auburn.

That should be good for us heading into Bama shouldn't it?  I think they also play a 3-4.  These are the pro style defenses.

i agree, uga prob doesn't have as many schemes as bama does , but it will give us a good look going into the bye week

LA-Layette

@SC

Ark

@MSU

@Colorado

UT

Vandy

@UK

@UF

Idaho St

@AU

Open

@GT

So they've faced Lattimore...

And got absolutely ripped to shreds by ML I expect Cam to play amazing on Saturday against a very pourous UGAy D. Of coarse they will give us a different look then weve seen all season in the 3-4 which actually may have a little more success against Cam given the fact that it puts more athletic players on the field with the addition of a LB. THAT being said the only defense that MIGHT be able to stop Cam IMO is CDD's 4-5-4 defense.

LA-Layette

@SC

Ark

@MSU

@Colorado

UT

Vandy

@UK

@UF

Idaho St

@AU

Open

@GT

And got absolutely ripped to shreds by ML I expect Cam to play amazing on Saturday against a very pourous UGAy D. Of coarse they will give us a different look then weve seen all season in the 3-4 which actually may have a little more success against Cam given the fact that it puts more athletic players on the field with the addition of a LB. THAT being said the only defense that MIGHT be able to stop Cam IMO is CDD's 4-5-4 defense.

First, what is the GIF in your sig?

Do you think Cam will run much against UGA?  I was thinking more passing still.

LA-Layette

@SC

Ark

@MSU

@Colorado

UT

Vandy

@UK

@UF

Idaho St

@AU

Open

@GT

First, what is the GIF in your sig?

Do you think Cam will run much against UGA?  I was thinking more passing still.

haha its from jersey shore, personally i think that cam will do whatever he has to, thats what it seems like has been happening lately, if they defend the pass he'll run more, if they defend the run he'll pass more, then again its cam newton so he can really do whatever he feels and UGAy will have to deal with it

I believe Cam will do whatever the uga defense gives him...he and our O players gonna demolish their D and win  :we:

Well yea....  I'm not speculating on if we win, just how Cam would want to do it.....  He may want to save the Heisman finally fireworks show for turdville.

Or what do you think about allowing Caudle to play in the IB?  We'll have the West clinched.  Keep Cam fresh for the SECCG.

I believe Cam will do whatever the uga defense gives him...he and our O players gonna demolish their D and win  :we:

Well yea....  I'm not speculating on if we win, just how Cam would want to do it.....  He may want to save the Heisman finally fireworks show for turdville.

Or what do you think about allowing Caudle to play in the IB?  We'll have the West clinched.  Keep Cam fresh for the SECCG.

When we put the game out of the reach for bammers, then sure. We need to win all games to go National Championship game.  :wareagle:

As far as the UK game, I heard UK turned the ball over about 5 times deep in their own territory and gave  UGangasta an incredibly short field.

I don't believe so, it should provide an interesting challenge for this offense although no doubt we have been practicing against a 3-4 for the past week and will continue this week I think it will definately test Cam and this o-line on their blitz reads.

Not sure who the power running teams they have played are, but UGA is #2 in the conference in rush defense.  In previous weeks that has spelled trouble for our opponent.  Almost as if our offensive line takes it as a personal challenge to drop them in the rankings.

A couple of salient points:

1) If I recall correctly, Marcus Lattimore gashed them for 180 yards in his SEC debut.  Granted, the Dawgs were still learning Grantham's 3-5 scheme and have improved a lot in their execution of it since then.

2) We'd already taken Derrick Locke out of the game by the time they faced them.  Kentucky's rushing attacked suffered accordingly.

3) Cam, Cam, Cam...   

Have we played against a 3-4 defense yet this year?

LSU ran some 3-4... & it seems like someone else was playing it a lot in another game...

Lsu and msu played some 3-4 not very effective.  Uga has kind of gotten away from the true 3-4 because they don't have a fat guy like cody to block two gaps same problem bammer has this year.  They have shown more 4-3 looks moving justin houston around at end to go against which ever tackle they deem the weakest..  The game I remember them being in the 3-4 the most was south carolina and lattimore torched them inside. 

Georgia better hope we get the turnover bug cause I don't see anyway they can stop our offense. I just hope our defense can contain AJ because that guy can make plays if you let him run loose.

I really like our chances in this game.  UGA switched to a 3-4 defense this year and with coming from a 4-3, I don't believe they really have the "beef" on the DLine to handle our OLine.  Georgia has good team speed on defense so I don't think we'll attack the perimeter as much and Dyer goes off this week against the interior of their defense.

Not sure who the power running teams they have played are, but UGA is #2 in the conference in rush defense.  In previous weeks that has spelled trouble for our opponent.  Almost as if our offensive line takes it as a personal challenge to drop them in the rankings.

The main reason Georgia is ranked so high in rushing defense in the conference is due to Auburn having played most of the better rushing defenses already. This is the same Georgia team that had 180 yards tattooed on them by Marcus Lattimore this season. They have improved some, but not that much. 

Georgia better hope we get the turnover bug cause I don't see anyway they can stop our offense. I just hope our defense can contain AJ because that guy can make plays if you let him run loose.

It may be another 52 to 40 something game.  Special teams and key stops on defense will be keys.

Archived