Todd McShay weighs in on Auburn...

bigbird

It's interesting the part about Auburn or TCU stopping Oregon. You could ask the same question about Oregon. IMO Auburn's D is much better than Oregon's on the Dline, and isn't that where people say championships are won, in the trenches?

Now there Is a guy that I can admire as a media journalist.

Stating and taking it like a man "We as the media didn't do our jobs. No one did any homework. We just blurted it out and blasted this young man for no reason"

It's interesting the part about Auburn or TCU stopping Oregon. You could ask the same question about Oregon. IMO Auburn's D is much better than Oregon's on the Dline, and isn't that where people say championships are won, in the trenches?

I have the feeling that he thinks Auburn could and will beat Oregon.

Oregon was handled for a half by a washington team that was without its starting qb and who put their defense back onto the field time and again very quickly.  Just like tenn handled them for a half.  The problem is they have not run up against a team that can match them score for score.  This is where we have been tested different than them because arky was matching us score for score and our defense finally got a couple of taks aways to seal the game.  The problem with them if they get down two or three tds in the first half and then play a team that can eat clock in the 2nd half to limit their number of possessions.  They would be in trouble because their defense is not big and will be worn out by a more physical team and the up tempo style does not work as well against a rested defense.

Oregon was handled for a half by a washington team that was without its starting qb and who put their defense back onto the field time and again very quickly.  Just like tenn handled them for a half.  The problem is they have not run up against a team that can match them score for score.  This is where we have been tested different than them because arky was matching us score for score and our defense finally got a couple of taks aways to seal the game.  The problem with them if they get down two or three tds in the first half and then play a team that can eat clock in the 2nd half to limit their number of possessions.  They would be in trouble because their defense is not big and will be worn out by a more physical team and the up tempo style does not work as well against a rested defense.

Very good point the only major difference is O relies more heavily on the running game than arky and we are a lot better on Run D. I totally agree though we have stood up to the pressure of tight games and O has not been involved in one of those. Very well could play a pivotal key to the game.

Thank you very much for posting this. I have never been the biggest Todd McShay fan, but he just went WAY up in my book. "The people who came out last week and said I would never vote for him for Heisman...Those people should be EMBARRASSED" Love it!

EXCELLENT JOB!!!!!!! I especially love what he said about those discouraging voters for Cam.

You know its really sad, Cam has put his past mistakes behind him and ESPN run with these allegations and continue to bring up his past to try and convince people there must be a case. Sad.

Last week or maybe before the guy on 1st and 10 said Auburn was going to loose to LSU. He said Cam was smiling each week on the sidline and having too much fun and it was comming to an end. You could hear the hatred in his voice. He immediatley followed with Kellen Moore as the true Heisman front runner and Boise was the better team.

It all sickens me.

Kellen Moore couldn't carry Cam's jockstrap. Literally or figuratively. :beatmullet:

I very respectfully must disagree.  He could carry Cam's jockstrap, but he would have to use his mouth...

Take Kellen Moore and Cam Newton and put them on the same team.  Put them on any team in the country, not just limited to BSU or Auburn.

Let them compete for the starting job.  Who would win hands down???

Thought so.  

Archived