Tonight's basketball game

storyofmylife182

They did better than I thought they would.  I think they will get better with time and experience.  Good work guys in your first game that counted!

War Eagle!

They did better than I thought they would.   I think they will get better with time and experience.   Good work guys in your first game that counted!

War Eagle!

They did better than you expected really? I have very low expectations for this year and understand it is a total rebuilding job, but I did expect to win this one.

Kenny Gabriel is going to be special for us this year. I'm proud of the team but worried how we gave the game away. I know it'll be a tough year, but with defense being our priority I think we'll be in a lot of games.

They played hard and never gave up. Kenny will be a player.  It is easy to coach when the cupboard is full. I already know Barbee can recruit now we see what type of coach he is. If he can help them all become better players and play hard everynight, I will feel good about AU's BB future.

As fans we have to help the team. We need to have a sold out game everynight this will help Coach recruit and help our undermanned players to give it their all. I am in Texas so I can only help in spirit but now is the time to so what Auburn is about. A strong showing by the fans will make all the difference

Game Over. 70-69 bad guys in OT. Gonna be a long year. Nice.

Appears that one of the main problems we had during the Lebo years is still with us. We can`t shoot free throws and that continues to kill us. I don`t know how to correct it other than shooting shooting shooting. But if you have poor form and mechanics, even that won`t help. I was a short point guard who played a little JC ball 40 yrs. sgo. I couldn`t do much as  was slow and small but I could shoot free throws. Anyone should be abled to hit 60% or more when no one is guarding you.

I was at the game. The facility is really nice. the "museum" with memorabilia is a nice touch and although pricey, the team shop is nice also. 

in terms of the game...I did not think they would win it going in either. that said, with the lead they had, I was surprised they lost. With no returning starters and the young players, the inexperience showed with them not being able to finish. Missing FTs goes back before Lebo. these are mostly his players anyway. Kenny Gabriel is the most athletic and I would like to see him bulk  up a bit. I saw no pure shooters that can post up and hit consistently outside. Malone appears to be the only one comfortable doing that. It is going to take time for these guys to grow up and for more talent to come into the program before they will be a threat in the conference. Wallace is quick and scrappy, but there is a drop off when he sits. depth is an issue there.

We will have to be patient and not have high expectations this year.

And I agree, they need our support and hope the students will support them as well. It was disappointing that this was a sell out and yet probably a third or more of the seats were empty! The place got really loud just the same and cannot imagine it if we could fill it up each game! WE!

Thanks bills83au!

How did Josh Langford look? Did he get PT?

Saw in the box score that Josh got in for 9 minutes. 0 for 2 with a block.

People I talked to who went to the game pointed to point guard play as a major weakness and free throw shooting obviously. One said with the game on the line the PG dribbled the ball off his leg and out of bounds and that pretty much sealed the deal for us.

Langford did get in and looked good when he was in there., pretty athletic..had a great blocked shot I think it was and then bolted to the other end and thought they were going to throw it down to him but did not...was surprised. He is a good addition. I thought Coach B. did a good job of subbing the guys he has to work with in and out frequently. Chubb is the only one that played that has the size to "knock butts" with other big men from what I saw. Josh Wallace, the PT guard is or was a walk on as I recall...so that tells you something. I don't recall what his listed size is, but he is very short. The turnover at the end hurt...but I would not blame him for the loss. You don't lose an 18 pt lead by yourself. he had a couple of cheap fouls called on him back too, back and had to sit some. Neysmith came in after that and defense did not appear to be his fortay. He did not look comfortable to me running the point either. That will be a key to turning this thing around. just have to have patience. It will take time. Just need to support and encourage them. They will get better.

They did better than I thought they would.   I think they will get better with time and experience.   Good work guys in your first game that counted!

War Eagle!

They did better than you expected really? I have very low expectations for this year and understand it is a total rebuilding job, but I did expect to win this one.

I was not looking for a win right out of the gate from such an inexperienced team.  I was hoping for a win, and thought we might, but it was not to be.  I think with some time and experience, they will steal a few here and there.  It is definitely going to be a long year for them.

:wedance:

Archived