Spring Practice - Your Thoughts?

uglyhelmet

:rolleyes:

I think we will see a lot of surprises with position changes in the spring. It's going to be an interesting spring from that perspective and I would not be surprised to see multiple players moved to new positions (including a DE moved off the line). I just wish our mods (or whoever) would have more access to the full pratice schedule this year (I would not object to certain people from certain sites having access to full practices with reports cleared by the athletic department prior to pulication on websites - any viotation of those guidelines would prohibit any particular website from attending any future practices during the spring practice period). Just My Thoughts!  :bow:

WDE

I think we will see a lot of surprises with position changes in the spring. It's going to be an interesting spring from that perspective and I would not be surprised to see multiple players moved to new positions (including a DE moved off the line). I just wish our mods (or whoever) would have more access to the full pratice schedule this year (I would not object to certain people from certain sites having access to full practices with reports cleared by the athletic department prior to pulication on websites - any viotation of those guidelines would prohibit any particular website from attending any future practices during the spring practice period). Just My Thoughts!   :bow:

Don`t hold your breath. With all the sites out there, too many too manage. Good thought that just won`t happen I`m afraid.

WDE

The OL is a gimme, I think we will have a curious eye there but I am also curious to see how the WR positions shake out. Seeing how the class from last year and even this year falls into rotation will fun to watch. I'm not counting Frazier out by no means when I say I am leaning toward Trotter to the starting QB, but I will say this, that will be a battle down to the wire. Trotter I think has the edge just because he has been in the system for two years.

There's a lot of negatives in only returning 7 starters but a big positive is the position battles for the new year. Besides really Dyer, OMac, Lutz, Smith, Moseley, and Mike McNeil we have no clue who is gonna be out there starting next year. I think one or two guys we thought would start are gonna fall off while others who we would never figure to start will take a job. Should be a lot of fun and I can't wait to see what depth chart looks like coming out of spring!

There's a lot of negatives in only returning 7 starters but a big positive is the position battles for the new year. Besides really Dyer, OMac, Lutz, Smith, Moseley, and Mike McNeil we have no clue who is gonna be out there starting next year. I think one or two guys we thought would start are gonna fall off while others who we would never figure to start will take a job. Should be a lot of fun and I can't wait to see what depth chart looks like coming out of spring!

I'll add a few more names blake, bates, whitaker, and eguae

Lemonier will be one to watch

I agree if he, dee ford, and sanders can all get up to about 260 we will have a legit 6 deep rotation for de with lemonier, eguae, bonomolo, sanders, ford, and another guy I'm eager to see a heavier justin delaine.

I can't wait to see the battles for the DB positions. I want someone to push Thorpe and T Bell so they step up their game

T Bell absolutely stepped up his game this year and by the end of the season was probably the best DB we had.  Thorpe on the other hand  >:(

wde

It seems like we have a position battle at every single level.

QB- Looks like Trotter is the guy but there will be a race.

RB- Dyer and OMac have it locked up for the large part, but there is always competition for tocuhes.

WR- Blake is the only safe bet. Benton, Carr, Reed, Richardson, and Stallworth will all be jockeying for position and be used in different way.

HB- Lutz and Smith have it pretty well covered.

T- Mosley and Green most likely. Sullen (and possibly Kouandjio) could earn some PT.

G- Take your pick, really. I am gonna go with Mack and Bostrom, but I could definitely be wrong.

C- I think it's between Dismukes and Burgess. I would love to see Dismukes as a 4- year guy.

DE- Lemonier and Eguae start, but Coach Rock will mix in Bono, Ford, and Sanders very well.

DT- A lot of inexperience. Whitaker is a given, I think. Personally I think Carter gets the other starting nod.

OLB- Bates and Freeman, with Evans being a significant alternate.

MLB- Holland looks like he is the heir to Bynes. Owens could push for time as well.

CB- Thorpe and T-Bell start, but guys like rose or Chris Davis can push them for PT.

FS- D. McNeal, Jonathan Mincy, or Erique Florence.

SS- M. McNeil

RB- Dyer and OMac have it locked up for the large part, but there is always competition for tocuhes.

WR- Blake is the only safe bet. Benton, Carr, Reed, Richardson, and Stallworth will all be jockeying for position and be used in different way.

T- Mosley and Green most likely. Sullen (and possibly Kouandjio) could earn some PT.

G- Take your pick, really. I am gonna go with Mack and Bostrom, but I could definitely be wrong.

C- I think it's between Dismukes and Burgess. I would love to see Dismukes as a 4- year guy.

DE- Lemonier and Eguae start, but Coach Rock will mix in Bono, Ford, and Sanders very well.

DT- A lot of inexperience. Whitaker is a given, I think. Personally I think Carter gets the other starting nod.

MLB- Holland looks like he is the heir to Bynes. Owens could push for time as well.

CB- Thorpe and T-Bell start, but guys like rose or Chris Davis can push them for PT.

SS- M. McNeil

richardson?? and mincy will compete for a CB spot.

If you think the spring will be competitive wait till fall.  those kids coming in espically on the D-side will bump the competition,  the O will have a greater learning curve. Not saying that any of them start for sure but they will have impact.

I think we will see a lot of surprises with position changes in the spring. It's going to be an interesting spring from that perspective and I would not be surprised to see multiple players moved to new positions (including a DE moved off the line). I just wish our mods (or whoever) would have more access to the full pratice schedule this year (I would not object to certain people from certain sites having access to full practices with reports cleared by the athletic department prior to pulication on websites - any viotation of those guidelines would prohibit any particular website from attending any future practices during the spring practice period). Just My Thoughts!   :bow:

WDE

With all of the coaches returning intact and the systems remaining the same to some extent... the newcomers will certainly have a grasp of whats going on... now they need some game speed experience. They will get plenty in the first 3 games.

You guys are really tripping about the "QB race". Kiehl will have what 10-15 practices in before the first game and you think there will be a race? That is ludicrous. Compare it to Cam if you want but Cam had actually played college football before. If any kind of race it's between Trotter and Mosely.

Just because Frazier's the new guy don't just go writing off the older guys.

:believe:

My thoughts?  Spring practice isn't here yet????   :zapbama:    Wife and I cannot wait till A-Day Apirl 16th!!!!

War Eagle Everyone!!! 

This team is just starting something that will be forevermore known as DYNASTY!!!!!    :party:      :wedance:

[move]LET THE PARTY BEGIN AGAIN!!!![/move]

Spring will be fun to see, there will be somethings going on with both sides of the ball...

The real fun will be fall with all the new guys there........

You guys are really tripping about the "QB race". Kiehl will have what 10-15 practices in before the first game and you think there will be a race? That is ludicrous. Compare it to Cam if you want but Cam had actually played college football before. If any kind of race it's between Trotter and Mosely.

Just because Frazier's the new guy don't just go writing off the older guys.

Don't forget Frazier has run this offense for a while, and Malzahn has to be preparing him whether he is there in the spring or not. Plus, the knows how to win football games. Trotter has a leg up on Moseley but we won't just give it to him. I just don't know how far along Frazier will be. I wouldn't be surprised to see him redshirt this year the beat Trotter out in 2012.

This will be one of the most exciting springs in a long time. With so many guys graduating or moving on early, there will be competition at pretty much every position, including several very talented RS Freshmen and early enrollees. I am pumped to see those guys competing for all the open (or even "locked") spots.

SS- M. McNeil

Wasn't Bostrom a SR this past season? I think Westerman will get one of those spots.

Archived