Beniquez Brown to MSU

kfowler8

New article on Brown. Looks like he is going to try out safety this year, since that is where the Updykes are recruiting him. Doesn't look good for the good guys. How many RB's is the little man going to put at S?

http://www.timesdaily.com/article/20110605/SPORTS60/110609888/1164?Title=Wanted-man

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New article on Brown. Looks like he is going to try out safety this year, since that is where the Updykes are recruiting him. Doesn't look good for the good guys. How many RB's is the little man going to put at S?

http://www.timesdaily.com/article/20110605/SPORTS60/110609888/1164?Title=Wanted-man

He needs to talk to Corey Grant.

I think if we really wanted him,he would be all AU by now.

I'm not sure about this one. His situation is unique... to say the least. Most everytime the coaches make a player a TOP priority we will get him.

Your words are to kind.  COME ON MAN!  REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! A SAFETY!!! They way he switched gears on us, plus the involvement of DW(I am not a booster)...doubt he is any priority for us anymore but someone could correct me if i was wrong.  Plenty of fish in the sea and we got the best fishing gear this year!

I hope he does what he thinks is best for him. :-\

Depends on how you define "best for him". I'm sure that Darren Woodruff and his buddies are making sure that things will be "pretty darn good" for Brown if he picks uat. Then again, they are going to get busted (again) sooner or later, and some of those players are going to find themselves in a world of hurt.

He appears to be a very talented player, but frankly I don't know if we have room for him, whether at RB, LB or Safety.

We are recuiting Brown as a LB now, as that is where the AU coaches believe that he best projects at the next level. NEVER say never, but I wouldn't hold my breath for this one! Especially since we have 2 other LB's higher on our board in Alexander and Mitchell.

He appears to be a very talented player, but frankly I don't know if we have room for him, whether at RB, LB or Safety.

We are recuiting Brown as a LB now, as that is where the AU coaches believe that he best projects at the next level. NEVER say never, but I wouldn't hold my breath for this one! Especially since we have 2 other LB's higher on our board in Alexander and Mitchell.

Where he ends up may come down to whether he or Kwon Alexander picks a school first...

• 2 months later...

I was under the impression that our chance to get Alexander is almost zero at this point and he is Bama Bound. I just don't understand that, they've got so many linebackers and that's the position we really really need right now.

I was under the impression that our chance to get Alexander is almost zero at this point and he is Bama Bound. I just don't understand that, they've got so many linebackers and that's the position we really really need right now.

that was the general thought.... JMO, KA has always been a lean to the turds but things have changed.  CGC has changed the whole "state of the union" process in the state.  Stay tuned!

• 4 months later...

It did seem like everyone kinda backed off of him.  It seems that he was getting some pretty bad counsel from someone.  It's a shame cause he looks like a very talented kid.

It did seem like everyone kinda backed off of him.  It seems that he was getting some pretty bad counsel from someone.  It's a shame cause he looks like a very talented kid.

Him and Trae Elston must be going to the same meetings....

Auburn is back in it for Brown, and Loeffler is recruiting him, so one would guess we want him at RB. 

It worked out last time we "stole" one from State. I just hope if it happens this time they don't go into butthurt mode and start making silly allegations.

Archived