Beniquez Brown to MSU

kfowler8

We could always use a 3rd big runningback to go along with Jovon and Jay.

Sorry if I missed something...Jay?

The big Fullback transfer from Illinois.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could always use a 3rd big runningback to go along with Jovon and Jay.

Sorry if I missed something...Jay?

The big Fullback transfer from Illinois.

Ahh...Jay Prosch. FB not RB  :P  That's what threw me

I miss Michael Dyer already.

Honestly, given the way things have gone and his obvious lack of a desire to do what needed to be done to remain on the team, I think it's better this way. Auburn is still Auburn, and will continue to be. Dyer did a lot of great things for Auburn, and I will remember him fondly for such. Not to mention that he will be fine all on his own, so it's not as if we have to worry about him disappearing into the abyss.

Nevertheless, things happen the way they do for a reason, and I think at the end of the day, things are better like this.

I miss Michael Dyer already.

Honestly, given the way things have gone and his obvious lack of a desire to do what needed to be done to remain on the team, I think it's better this way. Auburn is still Auburn, and will continue to be. Dyer did a lot of great things for Auburn, and I will remember him fondly for such. Not to mention that he will be fine all on his own, so it's not as if we have to worry about him disappearing into the abyss.

Nevertheless, things happen the way they do for a reason, and I think at the end of the day, things are better like this.

see Chick-fil-a Bowl performance

Honest question to satisfy my curiosity:

If Brown said he wanted to be a Tiger but only if he could stay at RB, would anyone turn him away?

WDE!

At this point, there is no way we would turn him away.

"Jay" had a grand total of three carries for 2011-

You've got to admit that 2011 yards on 3 carries is pretty darn impressive!!!

Well played sir, well played.  :bow:

"Jay" had a grand total of three carries for 2011-

You've got to admit that 2011 yards on 3 carries is pretty darn impressive!!!

Well played sir, well played.   :bow:

MML

Everybody needs to take a step back and let the coaches do their job. If the coaches are telling him they are recruiting him as a RB then let them recruit him as a running back. I remember we were all convinced DJ Howard was a safety even though the coaches were recruiting him as a running back and I'm convinced the message boards(not just this one) put doubt into his mind to if he was going to get a shot at RB here and pushed him toward Clemson. BTW he is playing RB at Clemson and in line to fight for the starting job as a RS So.

This is a guy we all wanted back in the Spring...RB, LB doesn't matter...9 months later and I still want him.

I myself have never "wanted" any guy.. I would like for them to play for our team but not "want"..

Thats just nasty.. :rolleyes:

According to 247, he IS visiting this weekend. I think it was up in the air until now. Good news. (See, I did post something positive) :)

I'm with you aueng. :hellyeah:

This would be a very good late get.

I haven't read the entire thread, but I hope people aren't saying we shouldn't recruit him as a RB. His RB film looks NICE to me. He's listed at 6'2 215 and is very fast and nimble for his size. He also has really good feet  for a player his size.

Per Jay Tate: "1 minute ago - by Jay Tate - Tigers host two weekend visitors

Two prospects will make official visits this weekend. WR Darrin Peterson of Gadsden (Ala.) is committed to Liberty University and lacks a major-conference offer. Athlete Beniquez Brown (Florence, Ala.) can play on both sides of the ball, but likely will play LB in college. He also is considering Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Tennessee."

Has BB shown a preference of AU over these others ?

Per Jay Tate: "1 minute ago - by Jay Tate - Tigers host two weekend visitors

Two prospects will make official visits this weekend. WR Darrin Peterson of Gadsden (Ala.) is committed to Liberty University and lacks a major-conference offer. Athlete Beniquez Brown (Florence, Ala.) can play on both sides of the ball, but likely will play LB in college. He also is considering Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Tennessee."

Has BB shown a preference of AU over these others ?

Not yet.

Archived