Beniquez Brown to MSU

kfowler8

Why did his recruitment seem to loose all momentum with so many schools?

Because he is dead set on playing RB even though he is a better LB.

Is this a guess on your part or do you have inside info?  He has been heavily recruited for football and has been playing basketball since the end of November. It didn't help that his coach (Alvin Briggs) left the day after Florence lost out in the playoffs to take a new job as the head of the high school athletic directors association of Alabama and the school still doesn't have a head coach. Just because the young man doesn't tweet his every move doesn't mean he wasn't still in the mix at alot of schools. He is a busy guy at a 6A school. He used to play baseball too. Whatever you do, don't get this guy confused with Brent Calloway :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this a guess on your part or do you have inside info?  He has been heavily recruited for football and has been playing basketball since the end of November. It didn't help that his coach (Alvin Briggs) left the day after Florence lost out in the playoffs to take a new job as the head of the high school athletic directors association of Alabama and the school still doesn't have a head coach. Just because the young man doesn't tweet his every move doesn't mean he wasn't still in the mix at alot of schools. He is a busy guy at a 6A school. He used to play baseball too. Whatever you do, don't get this guy confused with Brent Calloway :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.

No disrespect to the new lady on the board/ All I am saying is he would have more offers and from more high profile schools if he was open to playing LB. He has made it clear he wants to play RB. The kid is a killer LB though. The kid is a beast and I would love to have him.

For the record, everything I've heard suggests the same thing Ellitor said...

I've seen his highlight tape and I wouldn't have any reservations about him being offered as a back.  Looks like he does a good job of staying low and under control, which is sometimes the problem with taller guys.  Displays good vision and quickness when making cuts downfield.

Plus he's a Flotown kid, just like me..... except for the kid part.  It would be nice to have him at Auburn.

WDE!

I am from Russellville, I went to the Florence v Russellville game this year and was very impressed by him. He beat Russellville by himself. However Russellville's program is not what it was when I played. I would love to see him on the plains   :wareagle:

I'm from R'ville bet I'm a little older then you are. So R'ville program not as good when you played. Did you win back to back St. Championships and win 44 games in a row?

If you won 44 games in a row, does this mean that you were held back a year or two? I know it's a personal question but I had to ask. :P

No if about it. 1966 to 1970 and no I was not held back. I was a mean 180lb. cornerback but could play dirty football with the best of them.

That's funny AUGolf. My dad played nose tackle on the Muscle Shoals team that ended the streak at Russelville. PM if you get a chance. Would love to hear about that game from your viewpoint.

I hate your Dad  j/k maybe

let's be honest, you forgot, didn't you?

forgot what?

Exactly.

Cool! Brown and Robinson are both bigger backs, and having Proche to run behind will be awesome. That would give us big backs as well as our speed backs in the backfield to fit any situation.                                  

:party:

No disrespect to the new lady on the board/ All I am saying is he would have more offers and from more high profile schools if he was open to playing LB. He has made it clear he wants to play RB. The kid is a killer LB though. The kid is a beast and I would love to have him.

I believe that every SEC gave him an offer. THAT is high profile. I think that if I were a first team 6A All-State player at running back, well, call me crazy but I might want to play running back.

RB: Beniquez Brown, Florence, Sr., 6-2, 210

RB: Racean "Rock" Thomas, Oxford, So., 5-11, 195

RB: T.J. Yeldon, Daphne, Sr., 6-2, 210

2011 6A All State Running Backs

If he is all-state at RB then she has a point. Why wouldn't he wanna play that position and why wouldn't we want him there?

I believe that every SEC gave him an offer. THAT is high profile. I think that if I were a first team 6A All-State player at running back, well, call me crazy but I might want to play running back.

RB: Beniquez Brown, Florence, Sr., 6-2, 210

RB: Racean "Rock" Thomas, Oxford, So., 5-11, 195

RB: T.J. Yeldon, Daphne, Sr., 6-2, 210

2011 6A All State Running Backs

Wow, Way to bring it lady! Don't take it easy on these guys.

I noticed that Coach Loeffler went immediately to recruit Brown.  He knows he's a running back.  He's been a Tiger since he was a boy, and I would like to see him at Auburn.  I hope this weekend goes well and we get a commit.

Lady this seems a bit personal for you?  :dunno:

Personal or not, I thought she made a fair case...

Archived