Beniquez Brown to MSU

kfowler8

with the way the calloway thing went down, now Brown. surely the NCAA has to notice the underhanded things that go down on the west side of the state when it comes recruiting. :banghead:

It would seem to appear that way.  Fishy, to say the least.  But nothing will come of it.  Little press coverage, and it will die out just like the Calloway story seems to have.  Now if all this took place involving Auburn, the New York Times, ESPN, and al.com would have it front and center!  Even Jerry Springer (Sorry, meant Paul Finebum) would be shouting from the Vulcan in Bammerham.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another unfortunate situation. I won't ellaborate, but both sides have moved on.

What in the world is AU gonna do about this? First Calloway, now this? So basically, Bama just has to "sway" any recruit that we're going hard after, make it an "unfortunate situation" and the recruit is theirs??

Believe me, if something did go down with Calloway and something else is going down with Brown as far as Bama is concerned, then I like what our coaches are doing. Just stay away from the situation and don't take any chances. But something has to be done about this. Because it's VERY strange how some of these recruits really wanna go to Auburn, then Bama swoops in and does whatever they do and in a span of a week or so, we've completely moved on.

I hope Bama doesn't decide to "sway" McKenzie or Pike. They'll be off our commitment list by tomorrow at this rate.

Pike's out of state & obviously doesn't like the turds. Why don't some of ya'll who live near the cheating turd that keeps befriending teen football recruits meet up with him late at night & persuade him to stop cheating?

Let's look at this in a positive way.  If a player is willing to take a car or money or any extra benefit over going to Auburn, we shouldn't want him anyway.  Let Bama do it.  That way, all we get is classy kids (future Auburn men,) and the turds have a possibility of getting busted.

:zapbama:

Let's look at this in a positive way.  If a player is willing to take a car or money or any extra benefit over going to Auburn, we shouldn't want him anyway.  Let Bama do it.  That way, all we get is classy kids (future Auburn men,) and the turds have a possibility of getting busted.

Often, it's not the players that are getting the handout.  It's the handlers reaping these rewards and are then "telling them" where they are going to go.  The classiness of the kid has little to do with it.

True - but a large % of the time, it's the parents/guardians, who are reaping the material benefits, and not the kids. The kids will still be good kids, but the parents/guardians leave a lot to be desired.

Often, it's not the players that are getting the handout.  It's the handlers reaping these rewards and are then "telling them" where they are going to go.  The classiness of the kid has little to do with it.

You beat me to it.

Maybe you guys are right.  Maybe these are good kids that in the end would rather keep their parents happy then go against them.  But I know if it was my dream to go to Auburn I would go to Auburn.  Period.  In fact, that's exactly what I did.  Every single person in my family is an Alabama fan, but me.

Just trying to find some positive light.  I know that's hard when there is a giant elephant blocking out the sun.

Maybe you guys are right.  Maybe these are good kids that in the end would rather keep their parents happy then go against them.  But I know if it was my dream to go to Auburn I would go to Auburn.  Period.  In fact, that's exactly what I did.  Every single person in my family is an Alabama fan, but me.

Just trying to find some positive light.  I know that's hard when there is a giant elephant blocking out the sun.

True. And another positive is that, they can cheat all they like, but it's been proven time and time again in the past, that if they can't coach, then they'll lose games, despite all the talent they field. Forking out cash under the table, and giving up 24-point deficits is not a sustainable approach to running a successful college football program IMHO.

:we:

Guys...classiness? Really, you expect a 17-18 year old kid to turn all of that down? I don't think that's so classless. There are few kids that age willing to turn that kind of thing down. You know, like so many leave college early when they get the chance that sort of thing. If UA gets to keep doing that with impunity, they will get way more than they lose out in view.

Guys...classiness? Really, you expect a 17-18 year old kid to turn all of that down? I don't think that's so classless. There are few kids that age willing to turn that kind of thing down. You know, like so many leave college early when they get the chance that sort of thing. If UA gets to keep doing that with impunity, they will get way more than they lose out in view.

+1. I don't think it has anything to do with classiness on the part of the recruit. Now it shows no class on the part of the 40 or 50-year-old adult who is well off financially that will do whatever it takes to get these recruits to come to the school that he/she is a fan of. That's scum of the earth type stuff. But a 17-18 year old kid who's family may be struggling financially or who would just like a better life? 99% of us would take large sums of money if it were offered to us at that age (unless you were born into a very rich family, didn't need the money and didn't wanna take the chance of getting caught). You can't blame the kids for taking the money, especially if it's the means to an end. You blame the adults and boosters who are supposed to be the responsible ones, but they hand out money anyway because they want their team to win at all costs. That's where the problem lies.

If that sorry excuse for a university does get away with what they have done the past few years I doubt they ever will get caught.

+1. I don't think it has anything to do with classiness on the part of the recruit. Now it shows no class on the part of the 40 or 50-year-old adult who is well off financially that will do whatever it takes to get these recruits to come to the school that he/she is a fan of. That's scum of the earth type stuff. But a 17-18 year old kid who's family may be struggling financially or who would just like a better life? 99% of us would take large sums of money if it were offered to us at that age (unless you were born into a very rich family, didn't need the money and didn't wanna take the chance of getting caught). You can't blame the kids for taking the money, especially if it's the means to an end. You blame the adults and boosters who are supposed to be the responsible ones, but they hand out money anyway because they want their team to win at all costs. That's where the problem lies.

I'm tired about hearing how 17-18 year old kids shouldn't be at fault.  I was very aware of right and wrong at that age and know hundreds more that did as well.  If I see a kid at that age selling drugs because he has to feed his poor family will I blame him?  Uhhh yes!  Get a job to do that! Go to school and get a better job to bring them out of poverty.  Sure, it may take longer, but that's life.  The government is basically throwing hand outs for you to SURVIVE.  Yeah, you might not get the nice cars, but get a good education, use it, and eventually you will get those nice things.  As far as being poor and wanting to get paid to play, same thing.  Wait it out.  Use that free cash to get the education that will eventually pull your family out of poverty.  Heck, if you are playing ball and going to class, you could probably graduate in three years. 

I know selling drugs and taking large sums of cash to sign somewhere are not nearly the same thing. I was just using that as an example of morality.  And I know everyone makes mistakes.  No one is perfect.  But kids know right and wrong.  In my opinion, we should stop making excuses for them.

I'm tired about hearing how 17-18 year old kids shouldn't be at fault.  I was very aware of right and wrong at that age and know hundreds more that did as well.  If I see a kid at that age selling drugs because he has to feed his poor family will I blame him?  Uhhh yes!  Get a job to do that! Go to school and get a better job to bring them out of poverty.  Sure, it may take longer, but that's life.  The government is basically throwing hand outs for you to SURVIVE.  Yeah, you might not get the nice cars, but get a good education, use it, and eventually you will get those nice things.  As far as being poor and wanting to get paid to play, same thing.  Wait it out.  Use that free cash to get the education that will eventually pull your family out of poverty.  Heck, if you are playing ball and going to class, you could probably graduate in three years. 

I know selling drugs and taking large sums of cash to sign somewhere are not nearly the same thing. I was just using that as an example of morality.  And I know everyone makes mistakes.  No one is perfect.  But kids know right and wrong.  In my opinion, we should stop making excuses for them.

I kind of think we're getting ahead of ourselves beating this dead horse until there is nothing left of it when he has not even committed.

I kind of think we're getting ahead of ourselves beating this dead horse until there is nothing left of it when he has not even committed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VePxbFQ-qfw

It's a difference in personalities.  Some kids are more compliant.  I can tell my son to do something a hundred times, and he will complain, fight, and figure out a way to get out of it.  I can tell my daughter to do the exact same thing and she'll do it with a smile...even if she doesn't want to.

He still has us at #2 right now obviously he is still considering us.

Where did you see this?  Last thing I saw on him he didn't even mention au.

A lot of people are saying that. All we need to do is get him down to big cat weekend.

A lot of people are saying that. All we need to do is get him down to big cat weekend.

Sorry, not true. Last interview he gave, he named ua, uga, and Miss St. as his "top 3". Said he would visit Vandy, Arkansas, and Miss St. in the near future. Never mentioned us. He's moved on, and so have we.

Also, look folks... a lot of you are assuming that there was "dirty business" going on with this situation, and I'm not saying that I know for SURE that there wasn't... but from everything that I can gather, this is just a situation of a kid who had his mind made up and wanted to commit to his "dream school" (AU), but we weren't ready to take his commitment yet. We were/are recruiting SEVERAL kids for the RB/HB/ATH postitions, and the staff wanted to wait and have a chance to evaluate everyone before taking a commitment. Apparently, that wasn't "acceptable" for this particular player, and thus he decided to move on to other teams. That's all we know. Anything further (unless you have proof) is just speculation.

I say we get PUMPED UP about all the guys who DO potentially want to join this class... like Ricky Parks, 24/7 Sports #1 TE in the COUNTRY!!!  :hellyeah:

I say we get PUMPED UP about all the guys who DO potentially want to join this class... like Ricky Parks, 24/7 Sports #1 TE in the COUNTRY!!!  :hellyeah:

Are you giving us some kind of hint here???

Are you giving us some kind of hint here???

If he DID go ahead and silently commit, I'm not aware of it at this time. I'd say wait and see if he comes to BCW... if so THEN we can REALLY start to get excited about him!  :)

Sorry, not true. Last interview he gave, he named ua, uga, and Miss St. as his "top 3". Said he would visit Vandy, Arkansas, and Miss St. in the near future. Never mentioned us. He's moved on, and so have we.

Also, look folks... a lot of you are assuming that there was "dirty business" going on with this situation, and I'm not saying that I know for SURE that there wasn't... but from everything that I can gather, this is just a situation of a kid who had his mind made up and wanted to commit to his "dream school" (AU), but we weren't ready to take his commitment yet. We were/are recruiting SEVERAL kids for the RB/HB/ATH postitions, and the staff wanted to wait and have a chance to evaluate everyone before taking a commitment. Apparently, that wasn't "acceptable" for this particular player, and thus he decided to move on to other teams. That's all we know. Anything further (unless you have proof) is just speculation.

Wow Miss St... he is out of his mind

Archived