Beniquez Brown to MSU

kfowler8

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am from Russellville, I went to the Florence v Russellville game this year and was very impressed by him. He beat Russellville by himself. However Russellville's program is not what it was when I played. I would love to see him on the plains   :wareagle:

I am from Russellville, I went to the Florence v Russellville game this year and was very impressed by him. He beat Russellville by himself. However Russellville's program is not what it was when I played. I would love to see him on the plains   :wareagle:

I'm from R'ville bet I'm a little older then you are. So R'ville program not as good when you played. Did you win back to back St. Championships and win 44 games in a row?

Why would Laura McKeeman tweet this?  IMO, we are in pretty good shape at RB.  I do like that he is considering us and that he likes Coach Loeffler's offense. 

@LauraMcKeeman 

Seriously watch #Auburn for 4-star Beniquez Brown. Need for RBs. Brown likes new AU OC Loeffler's offense. More soon on http://Scout.com

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I'm from R'ville bet I'm a little older then you are. So R'ville program not as good when you played. Did you win back to back St. Championships and win 44 games in a row?

If you won 44 games in a row, does this mean that you were held back a year or two? I know it's a personal question but I had to ask. :P

Why would Laura McKeeman tweet this?  IMO, we are in pretty good shape at RB.  I do like that he is considering us and that he likes Coach Loeffler's offense. 

@LauraMcKeeman 

Seriously watch #Auburn for 4-star Beniquez Brown. Need for RBs. Brown likes new AU OC Loeffler's offense. More soon on http://Scout.com

It is not about needing running backs next season. Brown is a tall (over 6' and over 200 pounds) running back that fills a void in the spectrum of Auburn running backs that will be on the roster for the future. He could even develop into more of a fullback role. This kid would certainly be an asset to the class and could be a stud SEC runningback.

If you won 44 games in a row, does this mean that you were held back a year or two? I know it's a personal question but I had to ask. :P

No if about it. 1966 to 1970 and no I was not held back. I was a mean 180lb. cornerback but could play dirty football with the best of them.

yes your way older then me golf. I graduated in 02

No if about it. 1966 to 1970 and no I was not held back. I was a mean 180lb. cornerback but could play dirty football with the best of them.

That's funny AUGolf. My dad played nose tackle on the Muscle Shoals team that ended the streak at Russelville. PM if you get a chance. Would love to hear about that game from your viewpoint.

War Eagle Everyone!

I have been waiting and hoping that we would make another move for Beniquez!  Folks, he is the real deal. He is a multi sport athlete who is always competing (playing basketball right now) and just because he has not been marketed the way some of the big names have doesn't mean he is not a big prize for Auburn. He has offers from every SEC school. He IS a strong runner and receiver from the backfield. In size he reminds me more of the type backs we had with Coach Dye and he reminds me of Ronnie Brown (a lot).  Yes, he may be listed as a 4 star LB - but let me tell you - he can play offense - RB, Wildcat, H-back, whatever.  He has been leaning toward Missy State because he has been heavily recruited by them and a teammate at Florence High School has committed to State. Freeze at Ole Miss has been in town to try to flip both of them to Ole Missy but with not much luck. Beniquez has not tipped his hand to this point other than to say Missy State and UT were leading and he would make his announcement on signing day - I am thrilled that our new OC has recognized this talent and put Auburn back in play! :tdau:

Welcome to the board Ladytigr and post often.  Heck you got me excited about Brown just on your post alone.  War Eagle!!

Why did his recruitment seem to loose all momentum with so many schools?

Because he is dead set on playing RB even though he is a better LB.

@LauraMcKeeman 

Probably because she doesn't realize we have two high quality running backs already on the team who did not play last season.

I'd love to get Brown, though I wonder whether he would stay at running back or if that's at least to some degree a smoke screen to get him in. Not suggesting that the coaches would lie to him, only that they would give him a real shot to play running back so that he could see what kind of talent he was up against at the position and understand why his best bet at playing in the pros is linebacker.

That having been said, I'm going on what I've heard about him, because I've not watched any film or anything. I certainly wouldn't mind having another talented back to carry the load!

@LauraMcKeeman 

Probably because she doesn't realize we have two high quality running backs already on the team who did not play last season.

I'd love to get Brown, though I wonder whether he would stay at running back or if that's at least to some degree a smoke screen to get him in. Not suggesting that the coaches would lie to him, only that they would give him a real shot to play running back so that he could see what kind of talent he was up against at the position and understand why his best bet at playing in the pros is linebacker.

That having been said, I'm going on what I've heard about him, because I've not watched any film or anything. I certainly wouldn't mind having another talented back to carry the load!

I played agianst him a couple of years and I have to say that he is much more naturally talented at linebacker buth then again his oline was very very young and its hard to run been hind an entire group of freshman with a few exceptions.

@LauraMcKeeman 

If Arik Armstead comes to Auburn, I wonder if the same thing will happen.

@LauraMcKeeman 

If Arik Armstead comes to Auburn, I wonder if the same thing will happen.

I've wondered the same thing.

Archived