Jaquay Williams

Rickys Rants

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really hoping that JaQuay punked that guy. I can not stand that a$$. JuQuay has complained about all the rumors of him flipping and the AJC idiot has been pushing that angle hard. Serves him right if this actually happened.

Holy mother of pearl.  That's troubling on several levels.

You said it all.  The things implied, the things that can be inferred could fill a book about recruiting, college football, and maybe even society in general. 

Are we still sure JW is coming to AU? Rumors on 247 about a switch to UGA. I dont have a subscription so I cant read all of the posts. Anyone with a subscription care to summarize?

Are we still sure JW is coming to AU? Rumors on 247 about a switch to UGA. I dont have a subscription so I cant read all of the posts. Anyone with a subscription care to summarize?

I heard the same thing. At this point, no one knows for sure, maybe not even JaQuay himself. Nothing would surprise me tomorrow.

I heard the same thing. At this point, no one knows for sure, maybe not even JaQuay himself. Nothing would surprise me tomorrow.

No one is going to know until he signs.  Family pressure really got to him. 

Just read that article and I think all it tells us is that there is a reason this guy is a sportswriter--because his journalistic skills are laughable. Good print media is dead.

No one is going to know until he signs.  Family pressure really got to him. 

It is such a  SHAME  that we hear so much of that every year!   I would NEVER pressure my kids that much and I would not allow anyone else to either.

Just read the AJC article...it freaks me out when I see a kid that has an "advisor". Advisor? Uh, yeah, whatever.

Sometimes that simply means a father is absent and they turn to an uncle, older brother or cousin, or a coach to help them during recruiting.

Of course we're not sure - any more than we were sure that Moore was going to commit to us tonight or we were sure that Yeldon wasn't going to flip to Bama.  The question of "are we sure" with regards to recruiting should never again be allowed on AE.  Sorry smitty, not directed at you personally.

I think JW signs with AU.  Think he is getting lots of pressure to stay in state but in the end sticks with AU.

UGA fans are not saying a lot about JW.  Most think he stays with AU and that Geno is just messing with everyone on Twitter (and he has openly admitted to joking around with AU fans to get a reaction).  UGA looks to possibly flip Geno and maybe Brandon Greene, tho. 

Yeah, I don't why the hell he even submitted that article. Just makes him look stupid. He actually WROTE about getting punked and had it published in the AJC so everyone who bought the paper could read about it. Geez..... :dunno:

Just read the AJC article...it freaks me out when I see a kid that has an "advisor". Advisor? Uh, yeah, whatever.

Sometimes that simply means a father is absent and they turn to an uncle, older brother or cousin, or a coach to help them during recruiting.

Oh yeah, I get it and can completely empathize with that situation. It just weirds me out when it comes to recruiting seeing words like "advisor", "handler", and even the innocent "mentor". Sometimes everything is on the up and up- sometimes it's not. I just don't like using certain terms when dealing with kids. BTW, I'm not implying anything negative about this situation at all. It just struck a chord with me.

Oh yeah, I get it and can completely empathize with that situation. It just weirds me out when it comes to recruiting seeing words like "advisor", "handler", and even the innocent "mentor". Sometimes everything is on the up and up- sometimes it's not. I just don't like using certain terms when dealing with kids. BTW, I'm not implying anything negative about this situation at all. It just struck a chord with me.

Ah! Gotcha.  I understand now. 

Archived