2 players leaving

28Auburn27

Well, that sucks.  I don't think this will be a killer blow, but it does hurt some.

I guess AuburnBasketball was right yesterday.  I've never doubted him, since he's always been spot on, I was just hoping he had bad info. 

I hate losing those two. Had Ty been healthy and Ross happy, we might could have let some others go. Don't see those two as the two I would have let go, but I am looking at it from the outside looking in. I trust Barbee on this and this is the last thing I will say about it.

Good luck to those two and I am looking forward to the future of Auburn Basketball!

Just saw the article on this on al.com...very surprised about Ross...seemed to imply some things like maybe grades...can't be because he did not "fit".  I will miss him...he was one of our few "physical" players that could mix it up and his shot was coming around also more consistently. Bummed about him. I think Ty's injuries really affected his situation. Best of luck to both guys in their future endeavors!

Lets face it.  We are a terrible BB program at this point.  Under those circumstances any change is good.

I would not say terrible, we had signs of some good progress last year. We will be much improved for the 2011 season.

Well, that sucks.  I don't think this will be a killer blow, but it does hurt some.

I guess AuburnBasketball was right yesterday.  I've never doubted him, since he's always been spot on, I was just hoping he had bad info. 

thanks for not doubting me but when i first heard about it i just kinda played it off like it was nothing but recently i kept on hearing more stuff about it so im not that suprised. look at the bright side we now might be able to start Noel Johnson and Kenny Gabriel at the same time.at least Barbee brought in good players that can feel his spot

thanks for not doubting me but when i first heard about it i just kinda played it off like it was nothing but recently i kept on hearing more stuff about it so im not that suprised. look at the bright side we now might be able to start Noel Johnson and Kenny Gabriel at the same time.at least Barbee brought in good players that can feel his spot

Tip of the cap to AUBball on calling the Ross departure.  Never saw it coming, but you have been spot on with your basketball stuff.  The 5 of us on here who follow basketball appreciate it.  One more question...is there any way Ty or Ross can convince Chubb and Neysmith to go with them? 

ross almost left in december this is not a shock

his mama thinks he is an all-american when he is really a role player in the sec

malone was a bigger loss

Lets face it.  We are a terrible BB program at this point.  Under those circumstances any change is good.

I would not say terrible, we had signs of some good progress last year. We will be much improved for the 2011 season.

we were way below terrible.  not even close to being bad

Uh, the fact that we weren't the worst in the SEC is a fantastic feat in itself. I wouldn't say we were terrible. Talent wise maybe, but not when you consider work ethic and heart

the best team in 10 years will be on campus by the end of summer

I agree...Room had to be made for the talent coming in. Auburn is about the get a whole lot better overall very quickly...

Tip of the cap to AUBball on calling the Ross departure.  Never saw it coming, but you have been spot on with your basketball stuff.  The 5 of us on here who follow basketball appreciate it.   One more question...is there any way Ty or Ross can convince Chubb and Neysmith to go with them? 

There are a lot of us out here who love Auburn :wedance: but don't have the knowledge of BB to add to the converstation.  So keep posting - those of you who have more understanding of the game - because the rest of us who LOVE Auburn and Aubrn BB are keeping up!  War Eagle :thumbsup:

his mama thinks he is an all-american when he is really a role player in the sec

malone was a bigger loss

Nope, Malone had a terrible attitude.  At least Ross learned to keep his mouth shut and just play ball down the stretch. 

Really interested in seeing Noel and Varez (sp?). We know Frankie will be the hardest worker on the floor and that Kenny can bring some excitement. What we need is scoring threats. If they can provide that along with Frankie and Kenny we will be better. Also curious to see about Koussai. He's a big kid something auburn doesn't have a lot of. Still don't get ahead of ourselves just yet.... Let's see these guys all play together before we start declaring them the darkhorse champs

Yes he was the leading scorer/rebounder from last year, but you have to remember that some key players for Auburn were not on the court this season, essentially increasing minutes for Ross on the court.  It is about to get very crowded in the backcourt at Auburn for the 2011-12 season.  I think this statement sums up a reason for his departure.

"Auburn should take a great leap forward in the backcourt. Varez Ward will go from sitting out his transfer year from Texas to running the point. Frankie Sullivan, if his rehab from knee problems continues to completion, will return as a scorer and a leader. Clemson transfer Noel Johnson, a 6-foot-7 perimeter player, will be eligible to play with them after the fall semester."

Oh, and let's not forget about budding star guard Josh Langford...

malone was a bigger loss

Nope, Malone had a terrible attitude.  At least Ross learned to keep his mouth shut and just play ball down the stretch. 

Malone was only good on the offensive end of the court. IMO he lacked both the desire and athleticism required to play defense at this level.

I trust in Barbee's plan and think making way for the newcomers was going to happen.  I think the talent coming in will make Auburn a much better team this coming year.  Last year we fielded a group that would only have seen mop up time on any other SEC team.  I loved their heart and soul in what they accomplished, and I think it speaks volumes that Barbee was able to do what he did with that talent level.

Great things are ahead for AU BB.

War Eagle!!

:wedance:

Archived