2012 4* WR Ricardo Louis signs with AU!

DJ_Hatch

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per Chad Simmons: "He says he is still strong to Auburn, but he plans to visit FSU and Georgia, and possibly Tennessee in January." Here we go!

This is what you have to deal with if you're a big-time program recruiting with the big boys. Fans whine and cry about losing recruits, but it's the reality of big-time college football. When your recruiting against the likes of Bama, Florida, UGA, Texas, Florida St., etc., it is a 12-month battle for these kids regardless of a verbal commitment.

Believe me, I'd much rather lose -- or steal -- a recruit every now and then than be Kentucky, Ole Miss and Miss. St. and recruit nearly a whole class that nobody else wanted.

Louis is about as solid as you can be to Auburn, but big-time recruits are going to get invited by a lot of schools to take FREE trips for official visits. I'd take them all, too. But I don't think we have a lot to worry about with Louis.

Per Chad Simmons: "He says he is still strong to Auburn, but he plans to visit FSU and Georgia, and possibly Tennessee in January." Here we go!

This is what you have to deal with if you're a big-time program recruiting with the big boys. Fans whine and cry about losing recruits, but it's the reality of big-time college football. When your recruiting against the likes of Bama, Florida, UGA, Texas, Florida St., etc., it is a 12-month battle for these kids regardless of a verbal commitment.

Believe me, I'd much rather lose -- or steal -- a recruit every now and then than be Kentucky, Ole Miss and Miss. St. and recruit nearly a whole class that nobody else wanted.

Louis is about as solid as you can be to Auburn, but big-time recruits are going to get invited by a lot of schools to take FREE trips for official visits. I'd take them all, too. But I don't think we have a lot to worry about with Louis.

also, it has been noted before that chizik has encouraged these kids to take their visits.  although it is painful for us fans, apparantly chizik prefers that honest approach with the kids.  if he remains with that philosophy then we will probably lose a couple every year.  I just hope that honesty is also noted by recruits who appreciate it and causes us to get recruits for consistent top 5 classes.  i personally like this approach.

You hit the nail on the head waregle87! Were competing for elite recruits with the most elite programs. This is what comes with the territory when you go after the best across the map and you fight to be elite yourself. This is where I want Auburn to be each & every year! You cant lose on some big time recruits if you were never in the game to begin with.

also, it has been noted before that chizik has encouraged these kids to take their visits.  although it is painful for us fans, apparantly chizik prefers that honest approach with the kids.  if he remains with that philosophy then we will probably lose a couple every year.  I just hope that honesty is also noted by recruits who appreciate it and causes us to get recruits for consistent top 5 classes.  i personally like this approach.

I would much rather have a coach that has this mentality than one that complains when he doesn't get his way, has NCAA rules named after him, and is a hypocrite.

I agree mustache. I like the honesty too. And I think that we stand a good chance of getting more early commits this way.

It was obvious CTT and staff did next to nothing recruiting over his las two seasons. I remember when Tana Patrick signed with the turds, he came out and said Auburn never really recruited him. Imagine al AU fans love it that CGC and staff go after the big names. They may not get them all. Heck, they may not get most of them, but at least they are out there doing their best to bring the best talent possible to the plains. WDW Chiz and staff.

WOW!!!  What a huge block he just made on Casher!!!!  I can't wait to see this young man in Blue and Orange. 

Yea I think we may have some room to work with those end grounds next year if he's on the field!!  :we:

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it always our commits that take interest in other schools?!

It isn't.  We've managed to steal some from other schools too.  It's just part of it.

Home state schools (and family and friends) always pressure kids not to go out of state.  That's just life and it takes some work to convince the athlete and the family that he should travel 700 miles to go to college.   It's tough to get the top rated players to leave home.  

Why is it always our commits that take interest in other schools?!

Can't blame kids for being a little nervous. Once the OC is announced, hopefully he will be solid again.

That does it. FSU has officially become my most hated team. That's like the 9th recruit of our they are going after. Jimbo needs to quit copying Auburn and do his own dang evaluations.

That does it. FSU has officially become my most hated team. That's like the 9th recruit of our they are going after. Jimbo needs to quit copying Auburn and do his own dang evaluations.

Pretty sure he proved this year that he can't win with a ton of talent anyway...

Jimbo also hasn't proven anything yet.  It's about time for recruits to start questioning whether he has what it takes to succeed at the head coach level.

Archived