2012 4* WR Ricardo Louis signs with AU!

DJ_Hatch

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Louis said he is still committed to the Tigers but is looking around. He will take an official visit to the University of Georgia next week as well.

"I'm still committed but I've still got my options open," he said. "I'm still open." He made the decision a few weeks ago to visit Tallahassee because the coaching staff has been on him since the start of the recruiting process.

While he is still committed to Auburn, after a visit to FSU and a visit to UGA looming, Louis said he would make a final decision on February 1.

"On Signing Day I'll decide where I'm going to go," he said.

How freaking contradictory?  "I'm still committed, but I'm still open"  

If he's still open, then he's no longer committed.

Like telling your wife, I'm committed to honey, but I'm still open to other offers...  I wonder how long she'd stay "committed" to me?

I absolutely hate the recruiting circus that goes on these days.  Half these kids want to drag out the publicity and the spotlight they have on them.  

that sounds pretty bad. Is there a cap as to how many fsu can take?

18 to 21 this year. They have 15 now. Sadly the last 3 to 6 they may get are all players we want also. Hence why I am not liking jimbo at all right now.

I don't think the ACC has hampered the teams in their conference like the SEC has now done.  The ACC hasn't limited their teams to signing 25/yr.  

IMO, the SEC has really screwed us for the future. :banghead:

18 to 21 this year. They have 15 now. Sadly the last 3 to 6 they may get are all players we want also. Hence why I am not liking jimbo at all right now.

nm

I don't think the ACC has hampered the teams in their conference like the SEC has now done.  The ACC hasn't limited thier teams to signing 25/yr.  

IMO, the SEC has really screwed us for the future. :banghead:

The NCAA has put a cap on every other conference at 28. I said FSU's cap for this year is 18 to 21 because that is what FSU recruiting analysts are saying about what they can sign.

Stealing D Craig and Mark Stoops from them would have been awesome for our recruiting. Oh well.

At least it would have put a stop to D Craig's negative recruiting of Auburn.   :banghead:

Do you honestly expect Craig not to recruit the same players Auburn is recruiting because he played ball here? :laugh:

also from the article...

"(Darby) was committed to Notre Dame and then he decomitted because he wanted to open up his options, which is what I what I want to do," Louis said. "We were talking about how much we like Florida State and he was telling me if I go there that he would go there too. Just talked about how much we liked it basically."

It sounds terrible for AU, but maybe he will decide to stay with AU and bring Darby with him. One can hope...

This is just me but I wouldn't make my decision on going to a school because someone else did. It made me think of If you jump I will too.

Ugh, FSU? If you actually take the recruiting class rankings seriously, it becomes apparent that FSU is the place where shimmering stars go to fizzle.

I hope Ricardo stays with us, I especially enjoy the tidbit about him being an honors student. Academics is something that alot of us fans lose focus of from time to time. Maybe some of his study habits would rub off on our other players so we would have less academic attrition. Then he could be benefiting our program in more than one way  :bananadance:

I am hoping that Ricardo will see the light and know that playing in the ACC is 2nd rate compared to the level of competition that he will face in the SEC. But if he wants to look, it is his perogative. When comparing the Ga. and AU QB's of the future, I like our lot of QB's. I expect him to get very early pt at AU if he comes but I tend to shy away from "favorite" player status when a guy starts pulling the wandering eye trick, this late in the process esp. :dunno:

Not having an OC is really starting to hurt us. I trust Chiz to make the right hire, and yes that is more important than 1 WR, but recruiting is suffering because of it.

Not having an OC is really starting to hurt us. I trust Chiz to make the right hire, and yes that is more important than 1 WR, but recruiting is suffering because of it.

I see this a lot. Chiz will do what is best for AU. That is all we need to know. I really don't feel like it is going to hurt recruiting at the end of the day. He will hire an OC before signing day and everyone will be able to make a decision before then. Right now, they may be in wait and see mode but they will wait and then they will see.

If you had been running scenarios in your head of where you wanted to go and who you wanted to play for, then at the last minute, were given another option would you stick to what you had already laid out in your head or take a gamble on the new info? I couldn't disagree more that it doesn't affect these kids.

I'm not saying that it has no effect. I am saying that he will make a hire soon enough for them to make a decision. I'm also saying that trying to pull a recruit in by making a hire too quickly is not in the best interest of AU.

The leader is what matters.  That is the head coach not the second in command.  CGC will bring in the recruits not the OG.  CGC will get the best OC Auburn can get.  Look at the DC............. homerun. :party:

All coaches play a part. Its not one or the other, but kids want to know who they will play for, review film with, run drills with...and that's not the HC.

Archived