2012 4* WR Ricardo Louis signs with AU!

DJ_Hatch

Stealing D Craig and Mark Stoops from them would have been awesome for our recruiting. Oh well.

I'm proud of DC and what he did as our QB, but from talking to several principals in the Mobile area, we WOULD NOT want him on our staff..

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Ellitor, FSU has quickly become my most disliked team.  I live in North Florida and work with several FSU alums who always act like they should have an upperhand on AU in recruiting battles.  They are 100% convinced that Eddie Goldman will be at FSU and if he isn't, it is because FSU did not have any room left.  Time to step up and battle FSU head on.

That does it. FSU has officially become my most hated team. That's like the 9th recruit of our they are going after. Jimbo needs to quit copying Auburn and do his own dang evaluations.

Welcome to the club Ellitor. Just think if you lived here.

The thing I enjoy is Jimbo's blank stare as seconds clicks away at crucial times of games. I swear you would think the short bus dropped him off at the stadium.

Stealing D Craig and Mark Stoops from them would have been awesome for our recruiting. Oh well.

BVG will and is awesome for our recruiting. Please understand that our current DC is better than anything that we ever expected.

That does it. FSU has officially become my most hated team. That's like the 9th recruit of our they are going after. Jimbo needs to quit copying Auburn and do his own dang evaluations.

Saban is sliding his old buddy some extra cash and probably laying off of some of his recruits, if he will annoy us.

Have any of you ever seen the chicks at FSU? There's one reason right there. Its not all about coaches and weight lifting rooms fellas. Ha!!

I just think everyone is getting anxious because NSD is coming up and are reading way too much into everything. It happens every year and 99% of the things everyone gets worried about don't happen.

Have any of you ever the chicks at FSU? There's one reason right there. Its not all about coaches and weight lifting rooms fellas. Ha!!

I see them all the time and while some are attractive, not any more than AU, OM or some other SEC schools.

Per Chad Simmons: "He says he is still strong to Auburn, but he plans to visit FSU and Georgia, and possibly Tennessee in January." Here we go!

This has been planned for a while.  I found this on this thread from middle of December.  Hope it helps a little.  :dunno:

Per Chad Simmons: "He says he is still strong to Auburn, but he plans to visit FSU and Georgia, and possibly Tennessee in January." Here we go!

This has been planned for a while.  I found this on this thread from middle of December.  Hope it helps a little.  :dunno:

Yes it does, thanks. I tell myself every morning I'm not gonna stare at the screen wondering about recruiting but, here I am.

Yes it does, thanks. I tell myself every morning I'm not gonna stare at the screen wondering about recruiting but, here I am.

Enjoy it while it last. It will die way down after diggs signs somewhere.

Enjoy it while it last. It will die way down after diggs signs somewhere.

Then we got to start working on next year.  :laugh: I saw we had one decommit today.  :banghead:

BVG will and is awesome for our recruiting. Please understand that our current DC is better than anything that we ever expected.

^^^^ THIS!!

Many were scoffed at even mentioning BVG would have an interest in not only coaching as a college DC let alone AU. BVG will was a grand slams hire and will be a knock out recruiter.

I just think everyone is getting anxious because NSD is coming up and are reading way too much into everything. It happens every year and 99% of the things everyone gets worried about don't happen.

^^^^THIS.

Geez, these recruits are allowed multiple official visits. They're some of the top recruits in the country. I'd take every opportunity to get wined and dined, too.

I don't get the theories that just because a commit visits elsewhere that coaches have "backed off" or that we all of a sudden "lead" for other players at his position. It's just not true.

Some of you are going to drive yourselves absolutely crazy coming up with all these theories. Ya'll need to relax. There's still 2 weeks left. As you said, this happens every year.

Ya'll wanted a coach that would recruit with the big boys, and you got it. This is big-boy recruiting.

...and Brian VanGorder will suck for our recruiting?  :dunno:

...and Brian VanGorder will suck for our recruiting?  :dunno:

It would be nice because Auburn and FSU recruit a lot of the same guys for their program. Therefor, taking away two of their recruiting Dynamos helps us twofold. He's not knocking VanGorder

Hearing he has reopened his recruitment and will announce NSD. Think he is visiting UGAY next.

from???

Louis said he is still committed to the Tigers but is looking around. He will take an official visit to the University of Georgia next week as well.

"I'm still committed but I've still got my options open," he said. "I'm still open."

He made the decision a few weeks ago to visit Tallahassee because the coaching staff has been on him since the start of the recruiting process.

While he is still committed to Auburn, after a visit to FSU and a visit to UGA looming, Louis said he would make a final decision on February 1.

"On Signing Day I'll decide where I'm going to go," he said.

also from the article...

"(Darby) was committed to Notre Dame and then he decomitted because he wanted to open up his options, which is what I what I want to do," Louis said. "We were talking about how much we like Florida State and he was telling me if I go there that he would go there too. Just talked about how much we liked it basically."

It sounds terrible for AU, but maybe he will decide to stay with AU and bring Darby with him. One can hope...

At least it would have put a stop to D Craig's negative recruiting of Auburn.  :banghead:

Archived