2012 4* WR Ricardo Louis signs with AU!

DJ_Hatch

A bad decision on a recruit burns a scholarship. A bad decision on the OC will burn the potential on MANY scholarships. Chizik needs to get the best OC available on their time frame. We may lose a player here or there, but what can you do ?

War Eagle !

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bad decision on a recruit burns a scholarship. A bad decision on the OC will burn the potential on MANY scholarships. Chizik needs to get the best OC available on their time frame. We may lose a player here or there, but what can you do ?

War Eagle !

10-4. X2

War Eagle !

10-4. X2

AMEN

All coaches play a part. Its not one or the other, but kids want to know who they will play for, review film with, run drills with...and that's not the HC.

In this case it would be Trooper Taylor.

Don't you think that once the OC is in place and has a chance to sit down with him, he will return to being ALL IN??

If it happens soon and is a good hire, yes. If it happens next Friday or is not impressive to recruits, then no.

"I'm still COMMITTED but I've still got my options open," he said. "I'm still open."

That is the single dumbest thing I have ever read...

Well it's said every year by a number of recruits.

"I'm still COMMITTED but I've still got my options open," he said. "I'm still open."

You're spot on but the very sight of it makes me want to laugh & scream at the same time. The word "commitment" is a joke to these kids. It just jumps out at me when it's an Auburn "commit". :-\

You're spot on but the very sight of it makes me want to laugh & scream at the same time. The word "commitment" is a joke to these kids. It just jumps out at me when it's an Auburn "commit". :-\

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I think it's also a two-way street.  What does it say about a coach when these kids think they've got an offer and accept that offer under the assumption that they'll be on the team next fall but then they get asked to grayshirt?  Obviously, we benefitted by that with Patrick Miller. 

I think "commit" to them means that if signing day was today, I would sign here. If I had to choose now, I would sign here. By being still open, he is saying "you can still change my mind"

Some of you on the boards think the sky is falling!  Chill out!  If he doesn't want to play here and decides to commit somewhere else, then let him.  I don't think it has anything to do with us not having an OC yet.  Ever wonder if it could be that we have other receivers committed and he is exploring his options.  BTW, Diggs was quoted as saying that it was his best visit ever and we do not have an OC.  I trust the Chizik is making the best decision for the program and we will soon have a coordinator.  To say that the lack of an OC is hurting our recruiting would be greatly exaggerated.  Be patient and have faith in your program.  WDE!

Still dumb... If he has to weigh his options then he will be sitting at a table with hats lined up not picking the team he is "committed" to. Don't hold your breath on this one.

Some of you on the boards think the sky is falling!  Chill out!  If he doesn't want to play here and decides to commit somewhere else, then let him.  I don't think it has anything to do with us not having an OC yet.  Ever wonder if it could be that we have other receivers committed and he is exploring his options.  BTW, Diggs was quoted as saying that it was his best visit ever and we do not have an OC.  I trust the Chizik is making the best decision for the program and we will soon have a coordinator.  To say that the lack of an OC is hurting our recruiting would be greatly exaggerated.  Be patient and have faith in your program.  WDE!

Well said.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I think it's also a two-way street.  What does it say about a coach when these kids

think they've got an offer and accept that offer under the assumption that they'll be on the team next fall but then they get asked to grayshirt?  Obviously, we benefitted by that with Patrick Miller. 

He wasn't asked to greyshirt.

What does it say about a coach when these kids think they've got an offer and accept that offer under the assumption that they'll be on the team next fall but then they get asked to grayshirt?  Obviously, we benefitted by that with Patrick Miller. 

Ummmm... what?

It's obvious at this point that Louis isn't Auburn-bound. It's like we are just saving his spot in case something better doesn't come along.

It's obvious at this point that Louis isn't Auburn-bound. It's like we are just saving his spot in case something better doesn't come along.

Not being argumentative, but how is it obvious?

Can we please stop writing of kids before they make their final decision? especially ones committed to Auburn! Reading that mess makes me want to hurl. It's rediculous!!!!

Can we please stop writing of kids before they make their final decision? especially ones committed to Auburn! Reading that mess makes me want to hurl. It's rediculous!!!!

Agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's why I asked the question above.  He says he's committed.  Ok, some other kids have said that and turned around on us, but most kids who commit stay.  Moreover, I can cut him some slack for being "open."  He has no idea, so far as we know, what kind of offense he'll be asked to plug into at Auburn or whether the people recruiting him will be at Auburn and be happy.

Now, if there's something obvious about him moving on, I'd like to know.  I just don't know what makes it obvious.

:wareagle:

Your spelling is ridiculous.  :P

I just don't want you getting your feelings hurt.

Archived