2013 DL Dee Liner commits to AU!

metal_fan25

If I spend the night with the loose woman down the street, when I tell my wife I am firmly committed, she might (rightfully) have doubts. Her family might really be sceptical. Can't say I blame them. I may be absolutly straight

up, but my actions did not build up and strengthen my relationship with my wife. And I brought it own myself.

If a high school kid does know for sure where he his going, why would he not want to do everything possible to

lift up the school he plans on attending, help bring in as many top recruits as possible, and generally show the

nation what a stable program and recruiting class he is joining? Not attending AU's A-Day game and help recruit

his own class leaves me underwelmed.

Did everyone miss the point where he said he was taking the ACT?

My goodness whatever happened to taking a man at his word until he proves he can't be trusted? This is what I got out of Liner going to uat...

"I want you to tell all the Auburn fans that I love them and there wasn't nothing serious about the trip to Tuscaloosa this weekend and I'm 100 percent with Auburn, no matter what,"

"I was pissed hearing the rumors. Alabama is still trying to make it like I'm going to go there when I'm 100 percent committed to Auburn. Nothing this weekend changed my mind," Liner said.

"I know the Auburn fans hear that stuff, and I just wanted to tell them I love them all, and War Damn Eagle."

Why are so many crapping their pants worrying about Liner flipping, instead of worrying about trying to flip OJ, Foster, etc.?

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a tough one to call. I believe Dee will come to Auburn and I'm very optimistic about it. But something isn't right about what happened this past weekend. I know they are highschoolers and I would have taken every visit possible. But going 2 weeks later to your arch rival after you just said you were done taking visits. That's just not right. Not giving up on him, but I just went down from 100% to 90%.

If I spend the night with the loose woman down the street, when I tell my wife I am firmly committed, she might (rightfully) have doubts. Her family might really be sceptical. Can't say I blame them. I may be absolutly straight

up, but my actions did not build up and strengthen my relationship with my wife. And I brought it own myself.

If a high school kid does know for sure where he his going, why would he not want to do everything possible to

lift up the school he plans on attending, help bring in as many top recruits as possible, and generally show the

nation what a stable program and recruiting class he is joining? Not attending AU's A-Day game and help recruit

My goodness whatever happened to taking a man at his word until he proves he can't be trusted? This is what I got out of Liner going to uat...

"I want you to tell all the Auburn fans that I love them and there wasn't nothing serious about the trip to Tuscaloosa this weekend and I'm 100 percent with Auburn, no matter what,"

He talked with Saban so it was a recruiting visit... but he has every right to do that and it is not a betrayal to Auburn.  Auburn has no control over where he visits nor does he need Auburn's approval just because he made a verbal commitment to us.  We bring recruits to our campus for recruiting visits when they have verbally committed to other programs too.  And yes, sometimes they change their minds, or flip.  

This is a tough one to call. I believe Dee will come to Auburn and I'm very optimistic about it. But something isn't right about what happened this past weekend. I know they are highschoolers and I would have taken every visit possible. But going 2 weeks later to your arch rival after you just said you were done taking visits. That's just not right. Not giving up on him, but I just went down from 100% to 90%.

Sometimes we get carried away in the spirit of the moment and say what will make people happy without thinking it all the way through.  Have you ever heard Meatloaf's song "Paradise By The Dashboard Light"?  It covers that thought pretty well.  ;D

I think the problem that most people are having is that he said he was done with visits. That got a lot of people very excited. If he just never said that, I believe most people wouldn't even be making a big deal out of this. Also, it was to Alabama. If it was to a place like UT nobody would be talking about it like they are now. Either way, hes 18. It confused me at first, but I understand. He's coming to AU, just wants to have fun. :zapbama:

Liner is our state's top player and a Auburn fan. I would love for him to help with recruiting and not just with Foster and Howard. It would have been great to have him at the statues ceremony and getting aquainted with the recruits and his future teammates that were there.

Auburn is so close to solving all areas on defense with the prospects that they are bringing in. As another poster said, Liner being there with the likes of Johnson and Lawson would have shown even more that our program is strong and getting better.

With Liner, Johnson, and Lawson leading the recruiting parade, can help tremendously with prospects like Adams, Ngakoue, Bell, and other great defensive prospects that are undecided.

Ever think that perhaps some of those Dee Liner is recruiting (like Rueben Foster) may have said, "OK, I will visit Auburn if you will visit Alabama"?

Cannot assume he did not go for some reason other than to talk to Saban or to consider Alabama.

Wow!!!! I know Yeldon really did a number on everyone last year. He lied to everyone and played along with Alabama's trick but give Dee a break. We need to get out of this mentality that every big time player is Alabamas to lose and we only get them by default. Stop being paranoid!!! We won a NC two years ago and have had great classes for the last couple of years. Our future is bright and Dee Liner will be part of it.

I get your drift BUT I don't think being concerned about a verbal taking visits is paranoia. Especially when they missed your own spring game to go to your rivals on a recruiting visit. Hopefully, this was his last visit to UA.

It would not be a issue if whenever Dee or any top recruit visits UAT that has a verbal commitment to us immediately 10 to 20 people start the whoa is us, is he gonna switch, etc.... I know this is a public forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion but ....... hey, things have changed, there is a new way of doing things and what we are building is called dynasty and soon most will be saying Alabama who? All the controversy and scrutiny that we have gone through the past few years and we won a NC and has top ten recruiting four years running. Please take the inferiority glasses off AND BELIEVE IN THE NEW AUBURN! War Eagle

No inferiorty glasses on here Bud, just realistic ones. And I don't see Bama going anywhere fast, so anyone who thinks our west rivals are backing down just because we have put together some great recruiting classes is not a very well informed SEC football fan. They (Bama, LSU, Arky) are as strong as ever. I think the "whos is us" attitude will always be there with all fan bases when a verbal visits.

Guys, Dee has already been recruiting for Auburn. He's on the record that he wants to flip OJ Howard (a strong possibility) AND Reuben Foster (which is looking much stronger with his new choice of school). He grew up an Auburn fan.

I don't know what it's going to take to convince some of you guys. "Extremely soft verbal" because he took the ACT and couldn't get down to Auburn, so he went to T-town with a buddy of his? How many of you have been there? How does it compare to Auburn?

Guys, Dee has already been recruiting for Auburn. He's on the record that he wants to flip OJ Howard (a strong possibility) AND Reuben Johnson (which is looking much stronger with his new choice of school). He grew up an Auburn fan.

I don't know what it's going to take to convince some of you guys. "Extremely soft verbal" because he took the ACT and couldn't get down to Auburn, so he went to T-town with a buddy of his? How many of you have been there? How does it compare to Auburn?

*foster

I think Dee Liner is firm to AU. I also think people need to keep in mind that this year is a new ballgame. Any program trying to get one of our defensive commits is going to have to go up against one Brian Van Gorder.

He talked with Saban so it was a recruiting visit... but he has every right to do that and it is not a betrayal to Auburn.  Auburn has no control over where he visits nor does he need Auburn's approval just because he made a verbal commitment to us.  We bring recruits to our campus for recruiting visits when they have verbally committed to other programs too.  And yes, sometimes they change their minds, or flip.  

Don't be so concerned with him talking to Saban. If the highest rated player in the state just happened to show up at your spring game wouldn't you go out of your way to make sure you talked with him and then use his friend (who probably drove) to help coerce him to hanging out with one of the players? Its a salesman not giving you the chance to walk away without giving you something to think about. All of this doesn't mean that Liner was initiating or willing  in the whole situation.

Besides, even if he flipped, I wouldn't care. Doing it now allows us to recruit others, like we did after Philon flipped. i just hated Yeldon waited so late.

Yeah I think eveone that is worrying about is doing it mainly because he said he was done with visits and it was the same day as our spring game. I understand being out of town and taking the ACT but he didn't just go to the football game because he was in town. He met with  :devil: and hung out with a turd football player. That is a recruiting visit in my book. I am still not worried because even if he flipped, we have plenty of other good people that know where they want to be. If I was ever in a highly touted recruit's position (never ever will be though) I just wouldn't verbally commit until I knew for sure, then I wouldn't talk to any other coaches.

As I read it was not a visit but he was in the area for ACT TEST...maybe the Saban Mafia found out and proposed a chance meeting...regardless I would love to see the kid at AU but if he happens to change his mind it would not bother me personally...just means that great run of 3 OLINE classes will have to take care of him when they meet in the field..

He talked with Saban so it was a recruiting visit... but he has every right to do that and it is not a betrayal to Auburn. Auburn has no control over where he visits nor does he need Auburn's approval just because he made a verbal commitment to us. We bring recruits to our campus for recruiting visits when they have verbally committed to other programs too. And yes, sometimes they change their minds, or flip.

Don't be so concerned with him talking to Saban. If the highest rated player in the state just happened to show up at your spring game wouldn't you go out of your way to make sure you talked with him and then use his friend (who probably drove) to help coerce him to hanging out with one of the players? Its a salesman not giving you the chance to walk away without giving you something to think about. All of this doesn't mean that Liner was initiating or willing in the whole situation.

Besides, even if he flipped, I wouldn't care. Doing it now allows us to recruit others, like we did after Philon flipped. i just hated Yeldon waited so late.

We need to care because from everything I read about Dee, he has the potential to be a real game changer. Now, it seems that he is with us and I sure hope so because we COULD (notice I'm not saying will) become a Fairley or Rocker type force. Those don't come around too often--although we COULD pick up two in this class, so I just lost my own argument.

hold on!  Let me get this straight! .......................there are loose women down the street from you?...............where do you live?.......................how do they look?

lol          :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hold on!  Let me get this straight! .......................there are loose women down the street from you?...............where do you live?.......................how do they look?

lol           :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just one, and she is a bammer ;D

I am not questioning Dee's word or commitment to Auburn but I do have one question that has puzzled me since all this started earlier this week: why was he taking the ACT "in the area" of tuscalooser when the test was also being given at his HS? 

When I took my act if you registered too late the spots open at your HS might have been all filled so they would send you to another place for testing. I don't know if that what happened but it is a possibility

The "Lattimore lock" left an impact on me. He was ours until the last week before signing day. I love getting commits, but take none as a lock given recruiting tactics and the desire for many young kids to crave the limelight. Chizik is a class act and allows them to visit other schools (unlike Coach Gnome) which could possibly put a commit in play, but Chizik wants kids that want to be at Auburn and wants to be fair to the kid. I am impressed with Dee Liner, feel he fits in well with Auburn and hope he becomes a Tiger. He will be remembered and greeted like Pat, Bo and Cam long after his playing days at Auburn are over whether he is a HT winner or just a strong contributor.

War Eagle Dee !

I will take the young man at his word, he is committed to AU.  Given some of the events over the last few years this is tough to do,  but I have to believe that a true Auburn man honors his word. 

Guys, Dee has already been recruiting for Auburn. He's on the record that he wants to flip OJ Howard (a strong possibility) AND Reuben Johnson (which is looking much stronger with his new choice of school). He grew up an Auburn fan.

*foster

Wow. Brain fart. Thanks.

bottomline, we need our committed recruits to be in Auburn for major events like A-day, BCW, etc so that they can help build "their" recruiting class.  Visitng with our rivals head coach doesn't look good and doesn't send a good message to the recruits that we are going after. 

He's like the number 1 guy in the state.  He is the big draw everywhere he goes.  Cell phones, twitter, and facebook and you think he has to be at the game to recruit guys are talk about his school?  Hell the guys at our game we are fine with it's the guys who chose not to come that we need help recruiting

Don't recall Lattimore ever committing to Auburn....

Look, we've lost some big commitments to West Vance.  We've taken a couple in turn.  It's a tough gig.  But 80% of commitments stick.

Archived