• Created
  • Last Reply

Gone... Bank on it..

Ooh, that smell

Can't you smell that smell?

Ooh, that smell

The smell of turd surrounds you, yeah..

Gone... Bank on it..

Whats that Lynyrd Skynyrd song? Something about a smell...?

In all seriousness people, if this WAS a tactic used by the turds to get under your skin and make you nervous...it worked. Dee has given AU nothing but good reports and is widely thought to be recruiting for us already. I know the whole TJ thing has us all sensitive to someone being pro-Auburn early. It makes us feel like we are getting played, but you have got to have a little faith. What happened then, happened then, could happen again, and likely will happen again at some point in the future. What is the point though in being excited about a recruit if you are going to always have the fear that he is about to dump you at the alter. Your gut feeling is "it will never work out" or "its all too good to be true" Have a little faith people.

Oh, on a side note about this DL claim to have been in Tuscaloosa...lets SAY he was in T-town...have none of you ever gone to party in another town for a night or the weekend? Never been to another college town to see friends or check out the night life? If the rumor was true, all it likely would have been is DL exercising his right to drive down the interstate to do something different. But Just to make you feel better...ITS NOT TRUE!

Show some Auburn pride and say to your neighborhood Bammer, "I don't give a crap if he was there, because all I heard is that he scheduled a face to face sit-down with Saban to hand him a cease and desist letter!"

War Eagle and put this one to bed guys!

Agreed.  If he switches he switches.  I guarantee having the AU beat writers calling him everyday to see if "this is the day" he decommitted is not helping anything.  How annoyed would you be if the fans of the team you are committed to didn't believe your own words?

For me, I don't care if he is visiting turdtown or anywhere right now. Come Januaury, if he is still visiting, I will get worried. Turds should worry more about OJ than we should Liner.

Brian Matthews also said that BOL is confirming the rumor as true. Selling him the Jack LB or 'Upshaw' position, which he would prefer to play linebacker.. :(

He was in T-Town...gonna be a rollercoaster with this kid, there's no chance he stays fully committed to us throughout the process and doesn't take visits to other places. Gurantee he will be in T-town a lot.

Brian Matthews also said that BOL is confirming the rumor as true. Selling him the Jack LB or 'Upshaw' position, which he would prefer to play linebacker.. :(

I haven't seen it confirmed on BOL yet.  Not sure if BM just reached out to the admins over there or what, but I have been looking for information on Liner and have yet to see anything of substance.

So, are we looking at another TJ Yeldon? I agree with other posters that taking visits to other schools are not that big of a deal, except when a recruit says that he's through taking visits and is 100% committed to AU. I wonder how this is sitting with the coaching staff.

All the coaches can do is to continue to recruit the best talent in the country and hope that the kids stick to their word when they say they are going to play for Auburn. He is an elite talent and we want him.

War Eagle.

So, are we looking at another TJ Yeldon? I agree with other posters that taking visits to other schools are not that big of a deal, except when a recruit says that he's through taking visits and is 100% committed to AU. I wonder how this is sitting with the coaching staff.

Let's not jump the Yeldon comparisons too quickly. It is concerning he went up there instead of our Aday game and the fact he said he's done with visits. This is gonna be battle till the end but I have faith Liner will stay a Tiger. But I understand the concern....

Scouts Laura Mckeenan has confirmed he was there and has a story about it. Says she still thinks Dee is all AU. Dee also says he is still 100% committed. TIFWIW!!!!

Those that are members of scout can read here that he did indeed spend time in tusc this weekend:

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=2&c=1178270&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2frecruiting.scout.com%2f2%2f1178270.html

o.k. gr8, thx for this info. I don't like hearing that he was there but I do like hearing that he's "100%"with us. Hopefully, just an ex of a kid making use of his free visits. I sure hope so.

Scouts Laura Mckeenan has confirmed he was there and has a story about it. Says she still thinks Dee is all AU. Dee also says he is still 100% committed. TIFWIW!!!!

Heard this^ before.

Look, I can understand a recruit taking visits after committing and I can understand them flipping. These are 18-year-old kids, and the sooner some you realize this, the better. But what I don't understand is why recruits tell reporters and the media that they're done with visits, especially when there's still 9-10 months left in the recruiting year. Don't say that. Just say you're solid to School X and you're going to enjoy the recruiting process. Because that's the truth. No 17-18 year old kid is going to get offered free plane rides, trips, meals, etc. from schools interested in him and then not take the trips. In fact, that would just be dumb (in my humble opinion). These kids have worked hard for this chance to continue their football career, and they should enjoy the recruiting process.

If you're committed, great. But don't pull the "I'm done with visits" line. 99% of the time, that's false.

Those that are members of scout can read here that he did indeed spend time in tusc this weekend:

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=2&c=1178270&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2frecruiting.scout.com%2f2%2f1178270.html

o.k. gr8, thx for this info. I don't like hearing that he was there but I do like hearing that he's "100%"with us. Hopefully, just an ex of a kid making use of his free visits. I sure hope so.

I wish he was at Auburn for the statue ceremony and to get better acquainted with his future teammates that were there. Lawson, Johnson, and Liner are the centerpiece of our defensive recruiting class in helping build it back to the glory days.

BM just posted this free update

"Here's what Dee Liner just told me. I'll have a full story soon...

'I want you to tell all the Auburn fans that I love them and there wasn’t nothing serious about the trip to Tuscaloosa this weekend and I’m 100 percent with Auburn no matter what.' "

My guess is that he was taking his ACT and Tuscaloosa was the spring game he could get to afterwards.

This is par for the course so far as recruiting goes. It is pointless to get all lathered up about this with 10 months left until signing day. My stance will be as usual. That is, I don't get excited about anything other than signatures on papers. Verbal commitments, whether they are considered to be strong, solid or wishy washy (or whatever terminology rivals uses) don't mean a whole lot.

From Laura McKeeman:

"He told me his visit to Alabama didn't make him think twice about his commitment to AU and he is solid. He did spend some time with Saban but said he didn't really socialize with other recruits or commits at A-Day."

Other Qoutes:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liner said he was excited about the two commitments Auburn picked up over the weekend, especially linebacker Cameron Toney from Huntsville (Ala.) High.

“I talk to Cameron all the time,” Liner said. “I feel real good about his commitment. He’ll fit in real good with the program we got down there.”

He said he plans to be back in Auburn for Big Cat Weekend at the end of May if not sooner.

Liner also had one last message for Auburn fans.

“Tell them I said War Damn Eagle!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Laura McKeeman:

"He told me his visit to Alabama didn't make him think twice about his commitment to AU and he is solid. He did spend some time with Saban but said he didn't really socialize with other recruits or commits at A-Day."

As long as he doesn't move to Tuscaloosa and go to a high school there, because if he did I would be worried.

Per AuburnSports.com...

"I was pissed hearing the rumors. Alabama is still trying to make it like I'm going to go there when I'm 100 percent committed to Auburn. Nothing this weekend changed my mind," Liner said.

"I know the Auburn fans hear that stuff, and I just wanted to tell them I love them all, and War Damn Eagle."

Liner was in the area taking the ACT, and his friend from Sheffield High School asked him if he would go to the ua a-day game. He agreed even though he says that he would've MUCH rather gone to AU. He says that he didn't even go to the game, but instead met with lil' nicky for a few minutes, listened to his bullcrap ("out of respect" he says) and then got "hooked up" with a ua player and spent the rest of the night in that player's dorm room.

"I'm trying to be nice, but I know to myself they don't have a chance at getting me," Liner said.

Sorry turds... nothing to see here. Dee Liner IS NOT TJ Yeldon!!!

Archived