2013 DL Dee Liner commits to AU!

metal_fan25

Did nobody read that he was taking his ACT on saturday? Therefore not allowing him to drive 5 hours to auburn for our A-DAY game, but as an alternative drive about 2 to Tuscaloosa. Who knows, maybe he was doing the recruiting and not Saban  :cool: Im sure they had there fair share of recruits there as well. And if Jonesey says it i believe it, probably the most reliable poster on this board besides DJ and ST

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not questioning Dee's word or commitment to Auburn but I do have one question that has puzzled me since all this started earlier this week: why was he taking the ACT "in the area" of tuscalooser when the test was also being given at his HS? 

The test given in tuscalooser (east mississippi) is much easier than the regular ACT given in the rest of the nation.  Not that DL needs any help, but why not take the easier test?

I believe at this point he is still committed to the good guys, so right now I'm more concerned with how he did on the exam.  We have no choice but to take each player at his word until we are given reason not to.  Regardless whether he flips or not, this guy is NOT Yeldon.  He is his own man and should be treated as such.  War Eagle Dee!

Just curious.  Carl Lawson is visiting Ole Miss this weekend with two HS teammates.  Trey Johnson has scheduled visits to USC, UM, and PSU.  Why does this not bother anyone on the site enough to even post about it?

I am not questioning Dee's word or commitment to Auburn but I do have one question that has puzzled me since all this started earlier this week: why was he taking the ACT "in the area" of tuscalooser when the test was also being given at his HS? 

The test given in tuscalooser (east mississippi) is much easier than the regular ACT given in the rest of the nation.  Not that DL needs any help, but why not take the easier test?

No. 

Just curious.  Carl Lawson is visiting Ole Miss this weekend with two HS teammates.  Trey Johnson has scheduled visits to USC, UM, and PSU.  Why does this not bother anyone on the site enough to even post about it?

Don't they all still take their visits? I know our coaches encourage it. Rueben Foster even said he wanted to take his visits because he had never been out of the SE...

Pops, what I read about Lawson visiting didn't bother me a whole lot. The T Johnson article did but I guess we'll wait and see. I think everybody is so busy worrying about Liner they didn't have anything left.

Exactly my point.  These kids are going to take their allowed visits;  even the wee one understands that now, because he isn't saying a word about Foster cavorting around.  My point is that a big deal has been made about Dee's weekend in t-town because it was "t-town".  We've got to move on from that "other" incident and, IMO, take Dee's word until something else happens.  I will still choose to interpret his "no further visits" meaning official ones, but in any case, I ain't gonna fret over it. 

Exactly my point.  These kids are going to take their allowed visits;  even the wee one understands that now, because he isn't saying a word about Foster cavorting around.  My point is that a big deal has been made about Dee's weekend in t-town because it was "t-town".  We've got to move on from that "other" incident and, IMO, take Dee's word until something else happens.  I will still choose to interpret his "no further visits" meaning official ones, but in any case, I ain't gonna fret over it. 

Did you take anything away from the T Johnson article? I guess it was his coach that was quoted often. Gave the impression to me that he is committed but somewhat open?

Where do you get THAT from?  :cool:

:bow:

Did you take anything away from the T Johnson article? I guess it was his coach that was quoted often. Gave the impression to me that he is committed but somewhat open?

Can we talk about this on the T Johnson thread?

It is way too early to worry about any of it. Some players will change their minds a hundred times before NSD. Besides if they are going to flip then they will. The upcoming season will be one of the biggest factors where they end up and it hasn't even started.

It is way too early to worry about any of it. Some players will change their minds a hundred times before NSD. Besides if they are going to flip then they will. The upcoming season will be one of the biggest factors where they end up and it hasn't even started.

You are exactly right! Auburn is breaking in a new offense and defense, and how they perform will go a long ways toward impressing the top level recruits.

We need linebackers in a bad way to catch up with the talent of the rest of our roster. There are a lot of good linebackers in this 2013 class.

Lattimore was very vocal about liking Auburn, the coaches, etc so that stung even more losing him the week before signing day. Until the fax comes you just don't know and especially since Chizik will NOT use Coach Gnome's tactics. All that said, I STILL APPRECIATE Dee reiterating his commitment to us. I read where he came forward because "he got PISSED" about the media spin on his bama visit. Maybe this yong man truly understands it is Auburn versus the big red machine (UAT, AL media, REC) and will not be manipulated. I love it ! You go Dee !

War Eagle !

Telling me not to worry about this won't work. I wish it were that easy. I get P.O'd about flipping. Unless, of course, we receive the flip.

I guess it's part of todays culture; with the early committment comes this. I don't like it but it's common place. I can't say that I would do any different if I were in these kids shoes. I would like a free visit to a school, too. There is a difference, imo, between simply taking visits after giving a verbal AND straight up lying about your intentions. We experienced the latter with this last class and I think that makes the subject rather touchy.

Its not that Liner visited turdstown, but he said that he wasn't gonna take anymore visits. He did it on Auburn's biggest recruiting weekend of the Spring, the statues ceremony, and A-Day. Liner visited our most hated rival on an important day for Auburn fans. The fact that he lied about taking visits, brings his trustworthiness to the forefront.

Its not that Liner visited turdstown, but he said that he wasn't gonna take anymore visits. He did it on Auburn's biggest recruiting weekend of the Spring, the statues ceremony, and A-Day. Liner visited our most hated rival on an important day for Auburn fans. The fact that he lied about taking visits, brings his trustworthiness to the forefront.

Easy Tiger... I don't necessarily know that it's fair to say that he lied. You might be able to argue that he broke a promise, but even that seems to be a bit harsh. He said he didn't plan on taking any more visits, and at the time he probably meant it. If he changed his mind, and decided to make a last minute trip to T-town with a friend, so be it.  Yeah, the timing was a bit unfortunate, but given his situation with the ACT's it more than explainable. Beyond that, his reaction to the speculation surrounding that trip really couldn't have been more favorable from our standpoint. After those statements, I think it's safe to that he's still "All-In", or he's playing us far worse than Yeldon ever did (which I sincerely doubt is the case).  I think we're alright as far as Mr. Liner is concerned.

Easy Tiger... I don't necessarily know that it's fair to say that he lied. You might be able to argue that he broke a promise, but even that seems to be a bit harsh. He said he didn't plan on taking any more visits, and at the time he probably meant it. If he changed his mind, and decided to make a last minute trip to T-town with a friend, so be it.  Yeah, the timing was a bit unfortunate, but given his situation with the ACT's it more than explainable. Beyond that, his reaction to the speculation surrounding that trip really couldn't have been more favorable from our standpoint. After those statements, I think it's safe to that he's still "All-In", or he's playing us far worse than Yeldon ever did (which I sincerely doubt is the case).  I think we're alright as far as Mr. Liner is concerned.

I have no idea what he said and to whom he said it. I don't know where he will sign or anything about the kid, but I do know when you say you will do one thing and do another, you lied. And who did it or said it makes it no less a lie. I know we will not let college football distort our minds to what is right and what is wrong.

I have no idea what he said and to whom he said it. I don't know where he will sign or anything about the kid, but I do know when you say you will do one thing and do another, you lied. And who did it or said it makes it no less a lie. I know we will not let college football distort our minds to what is right and what is wrong.

you are right, that constitutes a lie, but that is not what DL said.

he said,“I’m pretty much done with other visits,”.

you are right, that constitutes a lie, but that is not what DL said.

he said,“I’m pretty much done with other visits,”.

I in no way was implying Dee had been dishonest. I guess I was just venting my frustration at the erosion of high moral principles these days. :( Wrong place and time, sorry. Back to football

Archived