2013 DL Dee Liner commits to AU!

metal_fan25

Per AuburnSports.com...

"I was pissed hearing the rumors. Alabama is still trying to make it like I'm going to go there when I'm 100 percent committed to Auburn. Nothing this weekend changed my mind," Liner said.

"I know the Auburn fans hear that stuff, and I just wanted to tell them I love them all, and War Damn Eagle."

Liner was in the area taking the ACT, and his friend from Sheffield High School asked him if he would go to the ua a-day game. He agreed even though he says that he would've MUCH rather gone to AU. He says that he didn't even go to the game, but instead met with lil' nicky for a few minutes, listened to his bullcrap ("out of respect" he says) and then got "hooked up" with a ua player and spent the rest of the night in that player's dorm room.

"I'm trying to be nice, but I know to myself they don't have a chance at getting me," Liner said.

Sorry turds... nothing to see here. Dee Liner IS NOT TJ Yeldon!!!

:we: :we: :we:

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per AuburnSports.com...

"I was pissed hearing the rumors. Alabama is still trying to make it like I'm going to go there when I'm 100 percent committed to Auburn. Nothing this weekend changed my mind," Liner said.

"I know the Auburn fans hear that stuff, and I just wanted to tell them I love them all, and War Damn Eagle."

Liner was in the area taking the ACT, and his friend from Sheffield High School asked him if he would go to the ua a-day game. He agreed even though he says that he would've MUCH rather gone to AU. He says that he didn't even go to the game, but instead met with lil' nicky for a few minutes, listened to his bullcrap ("out of respect" he says) and then got "hooked up" with a ua player and spent the rest of the night in that player's dorm room.

"I'm trying to be nice, but I know to myself they don't have a chance at getting me," Liner said.

Sorry turds... nothing to see here. Dee Liner IS NOT TJ Yeldon!!!

Welcome back, and post often! ;):wedance:

There will come a time much closer to signing day (around December or so) when what a recruit does will be much more important than what they say.  We aren't at that point yet.  But... if Liner misses Big Cat weekend there is a problem.

Pretty much nothing Dee Liner says will make me comfortable with his commitment. This is feeling very similar to Yeldon. I'm hoping he's playing the Bama coaches but idk.

Pretty much nothing Dee Liner says will make me comfortable with his commitment. This is feeling very similar to Yeldon. I'm hoping he's playing the Bama coaches but idk.

Yeah, I felt good when he said he was done with visits, but visiting saban in ttown two weeks later during our spring game doesn't sound good.

I'm not going to be floored like the Yeldon deal, so I'll remove him from my commit list and hope we get him in the end. 

Yeldon said the exact same things, "I'm only interested in Auburn, etc."

If you aren't interested in playing football then why would you meet with their head coach??

I went to a ton of colleges to party and visit friends, but Auburn was the only school I met with the academic advisors (head coach) to discuss my future there....and that's where I ended up.

Yeldon said the exact same things, "I'm only interested in Auburn, etc."

If you aren't interested in playing football then why would you meet with their head coach??

I went to a ton of colleges to party and visit friends, but Auburn was the only school I met with the academic advisors (head coach) to discuss my future there....and that's where I ended up.

It was a recruiting visit pure and simple: meet with head coach, stay in room with player, etc. It was on their biggest spring recruiting weekend if the year. I know it is a long ways off but I would consider this guy extremely soft verbal.

It was a recruiting visit pure and simple: meet with head coach, stay in room with player, etc. It was on their biggest spring recruiting weekend if the year. I know it is a long ways off but I would consider this guy extremely soft verbal.

^^^^^ This but I don't know if I would classify it as a soft verbal versus a verbal.  I doubt many people just wandering around watching their spring game get to sit down with their head coach...

These are man/kids that are being put under pressure by all kinds of folks to do this and not do that, etc.  We don't know the circumstances behind all this and who is playing who.  As me a year for now and I can tell you.  :)

If I am not mistaken, Yeldon was always in t-town and didn't build any relationships with his auburn commits at the time.  Don't recall him ever recruiting for us. 

So, with Liner lets see if he goes to BCW, if he becomes a leader for this class and recruits for us. 

Wow!!!! I know Yeldon really did a number on everyone last year. He lied to everyone and played along with Alabama's trick but give Dee a break. We need to get out of this mentality that every big time player is Alabamas to lose and we only get them by default. Stop being paranoid!!! We won a NC two years ago and have had great classes for the last couple of years. Our future is bright and Dee Liner will be part of it.

Wow!!!! I know Yeldon really did a number on everyone last year. He lied to everyone and played along Alabama's trick but give Dee a break. We need to get out of this mentality that every big time player is Alabamas to lose and we only get them by default. Stop being paranoid!!! We won a NC two years ago and have had great classes for the last couple of years. Our future is bright and Dee Liner will be part of it.

:bow:

Wow!!!! I know Yeldon really did a number on everyone last year. He lied to everyone and played along with Alabama's trick but give Dee a break. We need to get out of this mentality that every big time player is Alabamas to lose and we only get them by default. Stop being paranoid!!! We won a NC two years ago and have had great classes for the last couple of years. Our future is bright and Dee Liner will be part of it.

THANK YOU!

No wonder uat says we have an inferiority complex. I'm getting excited about the possibility of stealing a couple of their commits for this year. Some of you guys are putting our commits on their list! Just, wow.

I get your drift BUT I don't think being concerned about a verbal taking visits is paranoia. Especially when they missed your own spring game to go to your rivals on a recruiting visit. Hopefully, this was his last visit to UA.

I get your drift BUT I don't think being concerned about a verbal taking visits is paranoia. Especially when they missed your own spring game to go to your rivals on a recruiting visit. Hopefully, this was his last visit to UA.

From the man, the myth, and the legend DJ_Hatch...

Per AuburnSports.com...

It would not be a issue if whenever Dee or any top recruit visits UAT that has a verbal commitment to us immediately 10 to 20 people start the whoa is us, is he gonna switch, etc.... I know this is a public forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion but ....... hey, things have changed, there is a new way of doing things and what we are building is called dynasty and soon most will be saying Alabama who? All the controversy and scrutiny that we have gone through the past few years and we won a NC and has top ten recruiting four years running. Please take the inferiority glasses off AND BELIEVE IN THE NEW AUBURN! War Eagle

If this is the type of stuff he's going to get from our fan base I wished he hadn't ever committed.  Many of you guys logic is screwed up.  If he wasn't committed and it was just a thought that we MIGHT have a chance with him then everybody would be saying we have still have a chance with him as long as we can get him here for a visit.  But since he says he's committed to us any visits or anything like that you don't consider him committed.  Do you know the difference in distance between muscle shoals to bammer as opposed to muscle shoals to Auburn?  Nobody thinks that could have something to do with it?  Also remember guys like Hosely, Williams, McKinzy?  Those are guys who were committed but took visits to other schools.  But we want to focus on Yeldon?  Some of you are acting as Dee has done something that no other recruits would ever do

If this is the type of stuff he's going to get from our fan base I wished he hadn't ever committed.  Many of you guys logic is screwed up.  If he wasn't committed and it was just a thought that we MIGHT have a chance with him then everybody would be saying we have still have a chance with him as long as we can get him here for a visit.  But since he says he's committed to us any visits or anything like that you don't consider him committed.  Do you know the difference in distance between muscle shoals to bammer as opposed to muscle shoals to Auburn?  Nobody thinks that could have something to do with it?  Also remember guys like Hosely, Williams, McKinzy?  Those are guys who were committed but took visits to other schools.  But we want to focus on Yeldon?  Some of you are acting as Dee has done something that no other recruits would ever do

The problem with Liner, is that he said he would not take anymore visits and was at bama on our A-Day. He met with saban and the position coach which makes it a recruiting visit to me.

I wish he had not said he wouldn't take other visits and then i would feel more comfortable with his commitment to AU.

I hope he visits other schools than camp out in tuscaloosa.

If I spend the night with the loose woman down the street, when I tell my wife I am firmly committed, she might (rightfully) have doubts. Her family might really be sceptical. Can't say I blame them. I may be absolutly straight

up, but my actions did not build up and strengthen my relationship with my wife. And I brought it own myself.

If a high school kid does know for sure where he his going, why would he not want to do everything possible to

lift up the school he plans on attending, help bring in as many top recruits as possible, and generally show the

nation what a stable program and recruiting class he is joining? Not attending AU's A-Day game and help recruit

his own class leaves me underwelmed.

If I spend the night with the loose woman down the street, when I tell my wife I am firmly committed, she might (rightfully) have doubts. Her family might really be sceptical. Can't say I blame them. I may be absolutly straight

up, but my actions did not build up and strengthen my relationship with my wife. And I brought it own myself.

If a high school kid does know for sure where he his going, why would he not want to do everything possible to

lift up the school he plans on attending, help bring in as many top recruits as possible, and generally show the

nation what a stable program and recruiting class he is joining? Not attending AU's A-Day game and help recruit

his own class leaves me underwelmed.

^^^agree^^^

Archived