DB Geno Smith Announcing August 17th**

AUSportTalk

Soooooooo... has he actually announced or are we just conceding that he is turd bound?

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems to me that Geno's stock has dropped through the summer evaluation/camp process while other d-backs have risen up the board.  Seems to be enjoying the process more than working hard on being a better player.

would you have said this 2 days ago?

Soooooooo... has he actually announced or are we just conceding that he is turd bound?

Well all signs from the recruiting services are pointing him to the gumps. So unless he is going to pull a switch during his announcement I guess I will have to agree with them also.

Yeah I went back and found the announcement time - 3:15 EST according to an earlier post. Doesn't sound good for us... but I'll save my good luck's and lamenting for when it actually happens ;)

It seems to me that Geno's stock has dropped through the summer evaluation/camp process while other d-backs have risen up the board.  Seems to be enjoying the process more than working hard on being a better player.

Yes, I would have.  Seems to be a fact.

Counsel, I was about to post the same thing. Some of the people on this board live in fairy tail land with all of the conspiracy theories. I hate this rivalry. It turns ordinary people into morons.

As far as Geno is concerned, who knows. I think the kid is torn. We may lose out in the end but if we did, the coaches gave it their best.

Wow, this is an Auburn site right? :rolleyes::-X

have not heard b. matt et al say they would be at announcement ... that is typically a bad sign.  if i had no other info than that, then i would not feel confident with this kid.

at the end of the day, we were going to only get 3-4 db's right?  holsey is in.  leaves 2-3 between 3-4 top notch guys left on the board.  generally AU, bam and UF are positioned the best (i assume UM is out of the running for any of these kids) to get them.  i think odds are we all get 1-2 and and we should end up with bush with the UM happenings.  that will be phenominal db class this year, behind a phenominal one last year.  bright future.  :cool:

He is a kid. If he goes to Bama I wish him the best of luck except in the Iron Bowl. If he comes to us I am elated. We will do fantastic either way he goes.

:we:

It sucks that it seems that he is really following his Mom's heart instead of his own.  We still have a good shot at Jones (Cyrus and Jonathan) and Deon Bush.  We always get a surprise or two by signing day.  And last year's DB class was just stacked with talent.  I really wanted Geno, but I know we'll be fine if we don't land him.  I just didn't want to listen to the turds brag about getting him.

relax my friends.....Geno will pull the lever on the 17th for the orange and blue! (not Florida orange and faint blue).  I really do get tired of being right 99.999% of the time on recruits!

WDE!

Doc

Everyone else is down idk why dont you trust our great coaching staff? You need more confidence like this guy ^

I believe in our coaches and you should too  :wedance:

If he does decide to go to Liar U I want this part of my life back.

ha! Gotta love recruiting!

The reason his stock is falling, is because he didn't go to camps over the summer.  When he gets back on the field, he will rise back up the rankings.

The reason his stock is falling, is because he didn't go to camps over the summer.  When he gets back on the field, he will rise back up the rankings.

Im pretty sure he is a stud, but no matter what colors he puts on on Saturday, we don't know about anyone until they take their first step on the field in a collegiate game. We can be proud and have high hopes for all our athletes, but they gotta prove it just like everyone else. WAR EAGLE GENO...COME ON HOME!!!

Best of luck Geno.  :we:

They are going to need him with the QBs we are bringing in!!  :tdau:

How does it go?  We really were not recruiting him that hard.  His stock has been dropping as of late.  The level of competition he plays against is not that good.  He may have character issues. Ya, that's it.  Good player, I wish him the best. :tease:

So did he commit to the darkside ?

Archived