2014 5* ATH/RB Bo Scarbrough (Alabama signee)

hammerhead

New article on Bo on Rivals says he cooled on us because we told Michigan they had no shot at him, and that upset him.   He said his recruiting coach told him this.  Anyone heard anything about this?   The article says he called Trooper this past Sunday and they straightened it out, but it sounds more like said "recruiting coach" threw us under the bus with a lie.   What exactly is a "recruiting coach" and what school did he coach for?   :-\

Also, his last name is spelled "Scarbrough" without a second "o".  Mods, can you change the title so this thread shows up in the search?  :P

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New article on Bo on Rivals says he cooled on us because we told Michigan they had no shot at him, and that upset him.   He said his recruiting coach told him this.  Anyone heard anything about this?   The article says he called Trooper this past Sunday and they straightened it out, but it sounds more like said "recruiting coach" threw us under the bus with a lie.   What exactly is a "recruiting coach" and what school did he coach for?   :-\

Also, his last name is spelled "Scarbrough" without a second "o".  Mods, can you change the title so this thread shows up in the search?   :P

A "recruiting coach" could be what is known as a street agent.  :dunno:  Players pay them to get their names out there and schools pay them for the information provided on players.  We probably didn't pay the "recruiting coach" for his services so he didn't help us.   

Also, his last name is spelled "Scarbrough" without a second "o".  Mods, can you change the title so this thread shows up in the search?   :P

A "recruiting coach" could be what is known as a street agent.   :dunno:  Players pay them to get their names out there and schools pay them for the information provided on players.  We probably didn't pay the "recruiting coach" for his services so he didn't help us.     

:devil:'s I tell you. 

I know people hate reading stuff like this but it may depend on who Bammer takes and where Bo wants to play since Bammer may ask him to play LB. Bammer is in on a number of 2014 backs like Leonard Fournette, Jalen Hurd, and Rock Thomas. Auburn may be able to effectively sell running back to Bo. But because of past situation with Calloway I would be leary of it.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@JHokanson: The latest on Bo Scarbrough's relationship with the Tigers. 'My relationship with Auburn is good'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He isn't coming to AU period. There is no way Alabama would let him come here no matter how much he wants to come here. The REC would not let the happen nor would the whole town. But that is an awful reason to drop us off the list, and why would AU tell Michigan they have no chance? This whole thing doesn't make much sense. 

When it's time for him to sign is a long way away.  Once he finds out the truth he may get upset at other people who knows?  If bammer don't give him a shot to play hb and we are looking for one who knows?

A recruiting coach would be an Alabama coach just looking out after a young man's future and well being..... :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

Mike Farrell ‏@rivalsmike

Don't be surprised to see Bo Scarbrough end up at ‪#Auburn‬ as well, top 2014 kid is half brothers with Foster.

then...

Andrew Bone: BREAKING NEWS: Bo Scarbrough just let me know he will not commit July 23. He said he is going to take visits and enjoy process

Just add alittle more...

Justin Hokanson‏@JHokanson

Asked Bo Scarbrough if Reuben Foster flipping to Auburn had an impact in his delayed decision, he said, "yeah".

Who has Bo favored

I guess the long ride to UGA gave RF and Bo a lot of time to talk about Auburn. Bo did just recently add Auburn back into his list of schools.

I honestly believe that what happened today is the turning of the tide for us when it comes to the battle with the bammers over recruits. I think it will begin a domino effect that will really give us the upper hand in the state in the near future.

With Carl, Reuben, and Dee on the hunt as recruiters, this class is going to be sick.

From what I see in my very limited knowledge of recruiting the RF's may have almost as much impact on the class that is behind his.

I have really felt like Bo was a Bama lock. This is very surprising to me but a very welcome surprise!  :wareagle::wedance:

I honestly believe that what happened today is the turning of the tide for us when it comes to the battle with the bammers over recruits. I think it will begin a domino effect that will really give us the upper hand in the state in the near future.

So true.  It's getting hot up in heyahhh!  :we:

Archived