2014 5* ATH/RB Bo Scarbrough (Alabama signee)

hammerhead

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there is ever a recruit we haven't a shot in hell with, it would be Bo Scarborough.  1% and trending down...

The kid lives in the tides backyard, he gets to see them practice all the time. What player wouldn't develop a relationship with a hometown school.

Often times we dislike another School because of the subset of fans that do not represent thier school in a manner that is conducive to liking that school (Bama does have a larger subset of this type of fan).  Si I am not surprised that we have a small to non-existent chance with this kid.

One player does not make a recruiting class or a football program great.

He may regret it later but that is his choice.

I agree, we probably have no shot at him. However, just a bit of Trivia.

There once was a recruit who grew up a UAT fan. From the time he was born, his room was mostly crimson. He was recuited hard and offered early by UAT. Not only did he live in Tuscaloosa, his home was adjacent to, if not touching, the UAT campus. His Dad worked at UAT and was a huge Bama fan as well.

Partially because of good college coaching, he was selected in the third round of the NFL draft and played 5 years in the NFL. He lives in Tuscaloosa today.

Take a guess where he went to college...

There once was a recruit who grew up a UAT fan. From the time he was born, his room was mostly crimson. He was recuited hard and offered early by UAT. Not only did he live in Tuscaloosa, his home was adjacent to, if not touching, the UAT campus. His Dad worked at UAT and was a huge Bama fan as well.

Partially because of good college coaching, he was selected in the third round of the NFL draft and played 5 years in the NFL. He lives in Tuscaloosa today.

Delaware Blue Hens? :dunno:

Delaware Blue Hens? :dunno:

ERRNK!

Nope! But  thanks for playing. Please Try again soon.

BTW, it was not NM either.  :-)

New Mexico?

Is that your final answer or would you like to use a lifeline?

The better question would be can you name the player?

New Mexico?

Upon Ellitor's recomendation, and after conferring with the judges, we will accept the player's name OR his school.

New Mexico?

Upon Ellitor's recomendation, and after conferring with the judges, we will accept the player's name OR his school.

Well the school is a given. It's Auburn, otherwise you would not have used that as the trivia. That's why I said who is the player is a better/ tougher question.

New Mexico?

Well the school is a given. It's Auburn, otherwise you would not have used that as the trivia. That's why I said who is the player is a better/ tougher question.

So, is that your final answer?

New Mexico?

Yes. It seems to me it would be very odd if it were another school since we are in a thread that is about a recruit in T-Town that Auburn does not stand a chance for.

New Mexico?

Yes. It seems to me it would be very odd if it were another school since we are in a thread that is about a recruit in T-Town that Auburn does not stand a chance for.

The answer is not Auburn.

The answer is Harold Bishop... He went to LSU and was drafted in the 3rd round by Tampa Bay..

WINNER

Point being, while it is TOUGH and I doubt we get this one, it is not IMPOSSIBLE to get a player out of T-town. Stranger (or at least as strange) things have happened.

BTW, Bishop's Dad was Crushed when he went to LSU.

The answer is Harold Bishop... He went to LSU and was drafted in the 3rd round by Tampa Bay..

WINNER

Point being, while it is TOUGH and I doubt we get this one, it is not IMPOSSIBLE to get a player out of T-town. Stranger (or at least as strange) things have happened.

Sounds like the Mirror parallel of Bammer staling Landon Collins from LSU's back yard.

WINNER

Sounds like the Mirror parallel of Bammer staling Landon Collins from LSU's back yard.

So we need to offer Bo's gf?  :-X

For real though - you would have to be a bammer to live in that town. With the crime, poverty, and hatred/intolerance for anything not bama in that town -- if you are not a fan for the team or you are smart enough to realize where you live, you leave.

Then there was that Smelley kid who played QB at South Carolina.

Yes, I forgot all about him. However, I am not sure if UAT actually offered him a scholarship, or maybe they did not offer him at the position he wanted to play. I think he ended up coming back and playing baseball for them.

Then there was that Smelley kid who played QB at South Carolina.

Yes, I forgot all about him. However, I am not sure if UAT actually offered him a scholarship, or maybe they did not offer him at the position he wanted to play. I think he ended up coming back and playing baseball for them.

They did not offer out of high school.

I believe Ellitor is wrong. I think spuat offered Smelley after Tebow commited to UF (and Smelley to USCe). Coach Shula had reduced scholly numbers and wanted Tebow. The turds came in second with Tebow and the rest is history.

I believe Ellitor is wrong. I think spuat offered Smelley after Tebow commited to UF (and Smelley to USCe). Coach Shula had reduced scholly numbers and wanted Tebow. The turds came in second with Tebow and the rest is history.

According to Rivals and Scout Bammer never offered. Bammer took Greg McElroy when Tebow chose Florida.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1738247

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Chris-Smelley-34900;_ylt=AkT20JtOpRyl1gSXl.63ibNDPZB4

Archived