2014 5* ATH/RB Bo Scarbrough (Alabama signee)

hammerhead

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly believe that what happened today is the turning of the tide for us when it comes to the battle with the bammers over recruits. I think it will begin a domino effect that will really give us the upper hand in the state in the near future.

I think Saban crapping on their RB commit last year has a lot to do with how kids see their program now.

If you can win championships hanging out with cool, laid back, awesome people... why would you go where you can win championships with jerks?

If you can win championships hanging out with cool, laid back, awesome people... why would you go where you can win championships with jerks?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I honestly believe that what happened today is the turning of the tide for us when it comes to the battle with the bammers over recruits. I think it will begin a domino effect that will really give us the upper hand in the state in the near future.

I think Saban crapping on their RB commit last year has a lot to do with how kids see their program now.

When R. Foster got a minor injury and didn't participate last week, I was wondering if he was thinking how Saban did those kids by pulling their offers just before NSD and telling them they could greyshirt if they still wanted to come to bama.

When R. Foster got a minor injury and didn't participate last week, I was wondering if he was thinking how Saban did those kids by pulling their offers just before NSD and telling them they could greyshirt if they still wanted to come to bama.

Though I doubt that was the case, you make a very good point/analogy.

Correct me if I am wrong because I may be. But did not the rb say that Saban offered to put it in writing for him that if he greyshirted that he (Saban) would guarantee him a scholarship the following January?  To me that was an attempt to make it the rb not wanting to come to bama rather than Saban not honoring his offer/verbal commitment.

Correct me if I am wrong because I may be. But did not the rb say that Saban offered to put it in writing for him that if he greyshirted that he (Saban) would guarantee him a scholarship the following January?  To me that was an attempt to make it the rb not wanting to come to bama rather than Saban not honoring his offer/verbal commitment.

I think that is the case. I was just saying that I think RF was sold on AU's positives (his friends, and coaches, town, etc) more than he was turned off by UAT's and their negatives.

Anyone heard a rumor about him this morning? Something about a possible move? Anyone know if it is true? It would be very funny if it was true.

Anyone heard a rumor about him this morning? Something about a possible move? Anyone know if it is true? It would be very funny if it was true.

Is his family moving to Auburn like Reuben's did?  He is Reuben's half brother, supposedly. 

Hope not, even if we have nothing to do with it, it will stir the never-ending pot of us being cheaters.

Hope not, even if we have nothing to do with it, it will stir the never-ending pot of us being cheaters.

Who cares what the bammers think.  As long as it's not breaking any rules and we can't get busted for it, by all means move to AUburn Bo.

They will call us cheaters in every thing we do, so what does it matter. Not inferring that we need to cheat to gain a commit. No recruit is worth bending the rules for.

It's easier to identify cheaters when you know what you are looking for.  ;D

There's a poster on 247 who has become famous for his/her inside information, AND, her/his signature photo.  He/she has accurately predicted everything having to do with RF's recruitment.  " I expect Bo Scarborough's situation to develop in the same fashion as RF's. Identical, as a matter of fact."  Other posts on 247 suggest that Bo's parents moved to Auburn over the weekend.  All this totally unconfirmed.

Not sure why you are all solely focusing on Bama...what do you think the national perception is at the moment. Bama maybe the most obvious, but the national perception is portrayed by other schools and media alike. It's been that way for awhile, but never as bad as since 2010. You can say it doesn't matter, but it does have affects on HS coaches and prospects whether you want to admit it or not. We can stomach the criticism bc we know the truth, others take it as gospel.

Not sure why you are all solely focusing on Bama...what do you think the national perception is at the moment. Bama maybe the most obvious, but the national perception is portrayed by other schools and media alike. It's been that way for awhile, but never as bad as since 2010. You can say it doesn't matter, but it does have affects on HS coaches and prospects whether you want to admit it or not. We can stomach the criticism bc we know the truth, others take it as gospel.

I will refer to the "Shot across the bow" thread for posts regarding how I feel about this. If this is true, it's another "in your face" action, and I will love every minute of it.  If the turds, or anyone, wants to investigate recruiting activites in the State of Alabama, I say, "Bring it".  Do I have to remind that we've already had our NCAA cleansing?

If Bo moves to Auburn I will literally laugh for a year straight. Even if we don't get him, for him to move from turdtown to Auburn with two year left until college would give bammers heart attacks. Plus you could pretty much just give AHS the state title next year with RF and BS.

I don't live anywhere near Auburn anymore ( :'( ) but there's no general perception of Auburn being cheaters...other than being in the SEC (So Everyone Cheats).

I will refer to the "Shot across the bow" thread for posts regarding how I feel about this. If this is true, it's another "in your face" action, and I will love every minute of it.  If the turds, or anyone, wants to investigate recruiting activites in the State of Alabama, I say, "Bring it".  Do I have to remind that we've already had our NCAA cleansing?

I would rather leave it that ONE though...repeated investigations anywhere are not good. Bad publicity and a waste of our universities money defending itself.

I don't live anywhere near Auburn anymore ( :'( ) but there's no general perception of Auburn being cheaters...other than being in the SEC (So Everyone Cheats).

This is true. The entire SEC is regarded as cheaters outside of the SEC. AU no more or less so than any other major program. I have gotten the impression over the past year people around here comment the most about bama cheating when talking college football (which is not really that often here), but I think it is just because they have been in the spotlight more recently with winning the BCS.

Archived